5 things about you

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 23rd, 2011, 07:34 PM
*Momma2Nix*'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Skype™ to *Momma2Nix*
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy*tired View Post
5) I used to roll. Alot. my how things have changed.... lol
Roll?? What type of roll? LOL

Make a pregnancy ticker

May 23rd, 2011, 07:52 PM
zkat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
1. I am vegan-ish (vegan until I travel home to the deep piney woods of E. TX. Rednecks cannot comprehend eating vegetables that are not fried and it is a mortal sin not to eat meat at every meal)

2. My goal is to qualify for Boston Marathon, Which means I must run 26.2 miles at avg pace of 8 mins per mile

3. I hate watching movies

4. I currently play on a competitive women's soccer team ( div 3 out of 12 divisions total)

5. My grandfather is half Choctaw.
May 23rd, 2011, 08:17 PM
jessi0887's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
1. I was first to graduate high school amongst my siblings. All but one dropped out and she is in middle school.
2. I was on the flag/dance team in the high school band.
3. My dad left us when i was ten and it made me a well off independent individual which im proud of
4. Before DH and I started dating he liked my friend and i liked his friend but somehow we ended up together
5. I actually attempted to propose to my DH one year because i got tired of waiting but turns out those words are alot harder to say then i thought

May 23rd, 2011, 09:09 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Momma2Nix* View Post
haha!! i'm pretty sure i know

oh MK....you and i should be BFFs

May 23rd, 2011, 10:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stiritup View Post
haha!! i'm pretty sure i know

oh MK....you and i should be BFFs
LOL I think I do too but I'm not sure

Make a pregnancy ticker

May 23rd, 2011, 11:04 PM
~Lindsay~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
1.) I got married to my hubby twice! (19 in Vegas, we eloped & 22 the big wedding for families).
2.) My favorite tv show is Dexter.
3.) I am addicted to expensive purses.
4.) I am also addicted to pedicures.
5.) When I go to a Mexican restaurant I always order a plain bean & cheese burrito. It drives Kevin CRAZY. My philosophy is if its a good Mexican food restaurant - they wont screw it up! hahaha

May 24th, 2011, 12:53 AM
SassySami's Avatar Crunchy mama
1) I have my nose pierced tragus pierced, 5 tattoos
2) I'm the oldest out of 6 kids
3) My grandparents raised me
4) I need to have genetic testing done but very scared about it
5) I really want to move

Sami, married to Joe, mama to Debra (9), Kaydence (7), Nolan (2) and Jarek born 6/26/2013, unassisted at home

May 24th, 2011, 05:44 AM
Morgans Mommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
1. I also have a "bad girl" past. I'm not going to go into specifics on here, but I have done some pretty *** things in my youth!
2. I was almost kidnapped while grocery shopping when I was 23 and alone.
3. I am completely obsessed with anything 1960's. I think I was meant to have lived in that era.
4. I have played the piano for 24 years.
5. I am deathly afraid of severed limbs, and had to go through therapy for it. Anytime I would see someone missing an arm, leg, or even a finger, I would have a complete hysterical meltdown. To "cure" me, my doctor had me take one of those fake plastic severed hands you see at Halloween all over the place with me. I tried everything to make it easier - I painted it's nails, I put perfume on it, I even put a ring on one of the fingers, haha. My final goal was to SLEEP with the thing in bed with me b/c it was my greatest fear to wake up with a bunch of severed limbs in my bed, ridiculous, I know. It took 1 1/2 years, but I finally did it. Now, severed limbs dont' bother me quite as much anymore!
Baking a Rainbow

8/12

May 24th, 2011, 06:28 AM
Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjc99 View Post
5 - For the few of you that are old enough to maybe know this story - I was AT the water ski show at Sea World Ohio where the boat "jumped" into the audience. Fortunately, we were no where near the place where the boat landed, but it was scary. I didn't take any pictures out of respect of the people/situation. Fortunately, no one died. Last summer, this story was on a TV show. (like the "I shouldn't be alive" type shows)
Holy cow I totally remember when that happened! That was big news here in Northern Ohio. I was terrified to go to any of those shows again after that.

May 24th, 2011, 07:13 AM
niclis
1. I can speak English (obviously), French, Italian and Welsh

2. I'm into the whole genealogy thing. I've managed to trace one branch of my family back to 1068 and King Henry I of England. He got busy with a concubine and they had a girl... who would be my great-however-many-grandmother.

3. I'm obsessed with all things British... I love all the older British comedys - Blackadder, Fawlty Towers, Are You Being Served, Vicar of Dibley, Keeping Up Appreances... love them

4. I was in an avalanche - it was awesome

5. I lived in Canada until I met DH and moved to NH when I was 24
May 24th, 2011, 07:55 AM
razzledobe's Avatar <3
1. I'll have been to 19 countries in September.
2. I have a veggie garden. I have basil, oregano, sage, mint, rosemary, parsley, zucchini, summer squash, red and green peppers, cucumbers, green beans and lettuce in the ground and am planting cilantro and winter squash this weekend. I also have an asian pear tree and fig tree.
3. I used to show Dobermans
4. My husband and I met when I used to ride motorcycles. I had a bad wreck on my bike (those little fast sport bikes... crotch rockets) and we met at our clubs tech day to work on our bikes.
5. I hate raw tomatos. I will probably never grow them in my garden.
May 24th, 2011, 10:07 AM
mommy*tired's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Momma2Nix* View Post

Wow! The severed limb thing is awesome!
May 24th, 2011, 11:34 AM
MoMMy2*Vicky.Hayd.and.K*'s Avatar LOVE my GiRL & BoyS! <3
1- I was in a 7 year relationship before i met my hubby... and i met him after being single for only 1 month!

2- i'm a perfectionist!

3- every 1st BIG purchase i bought was new. Example: first car i bought a new Mazda 3. My first house: new and built and everything in it too except for clothes. LOL

4- hubby & I planned roughly when we'd get married and have kids after dating for 1 month.

5- when i was a kid my fave color used to be red... i even used to cut my brother's red pyjama pants so he couldn't wear it and i can keep it! LOL cause it was red! and apparently when i was really young i liked tomatoes because they were red!

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my Beautiful Siggy!

:

TTC #4 Hoping to catch that first egg! ~.*PiNk Baby Dust ViBeS*.~
May 24th, 2011, 03:33 PM
EVY&EGYsMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
1. My children are 1/4 Chinese and around 1/3 Irish (and then a mish-mosh of others)

2. My grandmothers cousin was a stand in for John Wayne in the movie The Quiet Man. He looked JUST like him. He lived in Ireland.

3. I love photography and am DYING for a new lens and camera body.

4. My arms (elbows) are double jointed. They freak people out.

5. I LOVE traveling. Back packing across Europe was awesome...but traveling to Thailand and Hong Kong were pretty cool too.

May 24th, 2011, 05:44 PM
Veteran
1. I am also a pretty big Trekkie (yay BigGrin!). DH and I started watching the Next Generation season 1 when we were dating, and it took us about a year since we weren't living in the same place. In the next 1.5 years that we've been married, we've gone straight through and are almost done with season 7. We even watched a few episodes on our honeymoon!

2. I am a pretty big "Weird Al" Yankovic fan. I've lost count of how many concerts I've been to, but it's over 20. I even flew to Albuquerque for 18 hours, just for a concert. While there, I stayed at the Albuquerque Holiday Inn and ate at the Sizzler.

3. I haven't gotten to do it much recently, but I love swing and ballroom dancing. I was involved with the swing dancing club in undergrad and the ballroom club in grad school.

4. I met my husband at Mass. He was playing bass guitar, my good friend who played clarinet sat between us, and I was playing flute. We were each dating other people when the year started, but by the end we were each single and in the "talking" or "pre-dating" phase. Then we moved apart, and started dating. We actually never lived in the same state while dating or engaged.

5. I'm a huge Notre Dame fan. Football especially, but also basketball (men's and women's), and hockey, and every sport. I was in the marching band and basketball band and thoroughly enjoyed my time there.
May 24th, 2011, 06:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy*tired View Post

Wow! The severed limb thing is awesome!
Lol good one MK!

Make a pregnancy ticker

May 24th, 2011, 09:11 PM
MrsBauhaus's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Wowza, we have quite the crew.

Jess, how'd it go?
DrGrin, southern drawl, you got some 'splainin to do.
Lithium is the best station ever. I too feel like i'm re-living the glory days. And then for some reason I always want to stay up all night and buy flannel shirts.
Bad girls are fun too!
Dexter does rock - max was almost Dexter, but then we figured that would be a really awkward teacher conference in a few years.
Sami, I've done the genetic testing thing. Now you know, and knowing is half the battle
Tomatoes are so yummy in my tummy.
Severed limbs - I have no words...you have rendered me speechless Jennifer.

Now for my 5...
1) I've never dated anyone less than 1 foot taller than me.
2) I should have have been a motown backup singer, a la Dreamgirls
3) I watch CSPAN for fun.
4) I am fascinated with the following medical issues in this order - conjoined twins, progeria, dwarfism. If there were little old people conjoined twins i might just explode.
5) For some reason I used to make out with random guys often. I was called pulling a "MrsB" if you just kissed some random guy. And yes it was just kissing. So looking back I was a total tease.
May 24th, 2011, 09:12 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by niclis View Post
3. I'm obsessed with all things British... I love all the older British comedys - Blackadder, Fawlty Towers, Are You Being Served, Vicar of Dibley, Keeping Up Appreances... love them
I love British comedies too! Red Dwarf is my favourite. DH hates them though so I rarely get to watch them anymore.
May 24th, 2011, 09:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsBauhaus View Post
4) I am fascinated with the following medical issues in this order - conjoined twins, progeria, dwarfism.
OMG I'm totally fascinated with primordial dwarves!!! They're like these interesting, tiny little gizmo-sounding people. Although, for some reason midgets and general dwarves kinda creep me out. Go figure.

Make a pregnancy ticker

May 24th, 2011, 09:50 PM
mudd1118's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishgirl View Post
5. I'm a huge Notre Dame fan. Football especially, but also basketball (men's and women's), and hockey, and every sport. I was in the marching band and basketball band and thoroughly enjoyed my time there.

Big fan here, too! My brother currently works in the athletic department there.

What years were you in the band?

Tags
gtky

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search