Does anyone still feed after bedtime?

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 31st, 2011, 06:19 AM
KellersMom517's Avatar Emily-Mom to Keller Henry
I still give Isla a dreamfeed before I go to bed - usually she eats around 9/9:30...and then she eats at 5am (sometimes going back to sleep, sometimes she's up for the day then). She eats dinner at 6:30ish and then doesn't have a bedtime bottle when she goes to bed around 8. I don't really want to move her bottle to bedtime and have her start relying on that to fall asleep b/c it was SO easy to stop bottles at a year with keller b/c I never used them for falling asleep...but I'm not sure how long I have to keep this up. I guess as she gets closer to a year and eats bigger dinners?

How long does your LO go at night between eats?

Isla 10/27/10 and Keller 4/26/08
May 31st, 2011, 06:50 AM
Treysmama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Trey usually eats his last bottle around 7:30 sometimes a lil earlier and is in bed by 9 on most nights sometimes later and somtimes earlier and he doesnt eat again until he wakes up around 8

Thank you Chelsea for my beautiful siggy!!
May 31st, 2011, 07:31 AM
~I ♥ my Munchkin~'s Avatar ~Gabriel's Mommy~
Gabriel is in bed between 8:30-9PM & USUALLY (here lately he's been doing GREAT) doesn't wake up for food until 7 or 7:30...sometimes he'll sleep until 8:30. Otherwise if he gets a little restless I just give him his binky & he's good to go. He has dinner at 5:30, a "snack" around 7:30, and a bottle before bed. Unfortunately I think he needs the bottle to get ready for bed...

I think that Isla sleeping until 5 is actually good since she doesn't get anything right before bed...tho I can imagine that's really early for you.

~Thanks AlexKatieAiden Mommy for my awesome siggy~
May 31st, 2011, 07:49 AM
pressedfairie's Avatar Super Mommy
We're still breastfeeding here, and Graham eats about 2x in the night usually, sometimes 3x. We co-sleep though, and I barely remember feeding him.

Thank you peimum for my awesome siggy!
May 31st, 2011, 07:50 AM
alwayssmile's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Last night was a bad night but this is how it went.....BF at 8pm. He went to bed at 8:30 after daddy reading to him. Woke up at 9:30pm. Daddy tried soothing him back down, but he wasn't having that. I went in there and he immediately rooted around, so he got fed at 9:50pm. He woke up at midnight. I fed him and we started cosleeping. Up at 3am to eat. Up at 5am to eat. Up at 6am to eat. Up at 9am to eat. And I decided to start our day. I think he's going through a growth spurt though because he ate like crazy all day yesterday too. But good grief! So, yes we still feed after bedtime. :ROFL: Granted he's BF only and it's not like he's getting 8oz a go. But I guarantee he had more than 40oz yesterday as much as he was eating.
A good night for us is DS down at 8-8:30 pm. Up to eat at 1-2am. Cosleep. Up at 6-7am to eat. And I can usually manage to get him to go back to sleep till 8am.

May 31st, 2011, 09:06 AM
ashley5's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yep we're still bfing and Ava normally gets up about 3x a night to feed. She's in bed by 7:30pm and gets up at 11:30, 2:30 and then 5:30 for the morning, it's like clock work with her.
June 1st, 2011, 06:51 AM
~Christopher's Mommy~
Wow Christopher goes to bed late! He wont got to be until about 10:30 sometimes an hour before sometimes an hour later.. and he sleep eats about 2-3x a night and he will get up at about 7:30.

June 1st, 2011, 09:06 AM
AutumnMommy's Avatar formerly LisaSmeesa
Camryn bfs before we go to bed...usually around 10:30, I go in and nurse her. Then she is usually set until 6-7am. Sometimes she wakes up around 3 but usually only if she's teething or something is bothering her.

Thank you GraysMama for my beautiful siggy

June 1st, 2011, 11:50 AM
Just call me "Hope."
Yes, I bf Max several times at night. But I'm usually not sure if he's actually hungry -- I'm just too tired for a long, drawn out soothing process that may not work. At the beginning of the night he goes about 4 hours without eating, but after that it's 1.5-3 hours.
June 1st, 2011, 06:07 PM
justcallmecat's Avatar Super Mommy
Send a message via ICQ to justcallmecat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hope74 View Post
Yes, I bf Max several times at night. But I'm usually not sure if he's actually hungry -- I'm just too tired for a long, drawn out soothing process that may not work. At the beginning of the night he goes about 4 hours without eating, but after that it's 1.5-3 hours.
same here..minus the breastfeeding

Thank you Chelsea (GraysMama) for my amazing siggy!

June 1st, 2011, 08:07 PM
lauren.nicole's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Sophia has a bottle before bedtime and wakes up a couple times during the night to eat. Sometimes more than that. Not much sleep around here!

June 2nd, 2011, 01:17 AM
GraysMama's Avatar AKA marriedc
Gray has his last bottle between 6pm and 7pm (7pm is LATE for him though)... and he sleeps through til about 6:30... I've noticed though that now he's not ravenous for his bottle at 6:30, now he'll normally get up and have a play and then want his bottle...

Siggy by Heather (Mom2*Lauryn*Jacob* ) / View My Siggy Gallery // Request a Siggy

June 2nd, 2011, 05:40 AM
alicenwonderland's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to alicenwonderland
we're about the same as you. Except teddy gets a bottle at bedtime (7pm) and then around midnight. Depending on when he wakes in the morning, he might get a bottle so i can try to sleep a little longer.

June 2nd, 2011, 06:22 AM
nurselochia's Avatar Marathon running mom of 4
Claeb falls asleep sometime between 9-10 and sleeps until abotu 3:30 or so and then he is hungry and wants to nurse. But he doesn't usually go back to a good sleep. He kinda fusses, is restless and wants to sleep b/c his eyes are closed the whole time but I think his reflux bothers him about that time. He kinda nurses on and off during that time b/c I'm trying desperately to get him to go back to sleep. He usually does about 6am. If he barfs all over me, then he's good to go and falls back to sleep sooner. The hours between 3:30 and 6am aren't fun in our house!

Thanks Jaidynsmum!!

June 2nd, 2011, 08:39 AM
KellersMom517's Avatar Emily-Mom to Keller Henry
Aww Jaime - Keller was like that, it was awful! He would often just be awake from one feeding to the next moaning and groaning b/c of it. I hope he grows out of it soon because I remember how exhausting it is for us and how painful for them

Isla 10/27/10 and Keller 4/26/08
June 2nd, 2011, 08:46 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Aleyah gets a bed time bottle between 8:30 and 9 she will wake up sometimes around 1 or 2 for the binky and again between 3-5 for a bottle then sleeps til 7 or 8.
June 3rd, 2011, 06:24 AM
qberry's Avatar Quinn - Mommy to 3
Hmm, anywhere from 3-12 hours. Like if she went to bed too early, isn't feeling well, is growing, etc.. She will get up at 11, 3, and 5 like clock work. When all is well she usually goes 8pm to 6am with me getting her up at 3am on the nights I am out.
June 3rd, 2011, 06:55 AM
MadilynnsMomma's Avatar Katie
It varies with Madilynn.. For the past few weeks we've had a few times of STTN.. Most of the time she's at least up once for a bottle..

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search