Toddler bed was the best decision I ever made.

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 31st, 2011, 08:50 AM
txmomof4's Avatar Super Mommy
I know I don't post here much. Normally I just post on facebook feb jm group cause it's more convenient. So, for those that don't know I switched Christian over to a toddler bed a week or two ago. He hated his crib and would scream if I put him in it. So we were co-sleeping and his first few hours of sleep where in a playpen in my room.

I finally needed him in his own room hoping upon hope I would get to stop with the all night nursing sessions. He has never slept through the night but the nursing sessions in my bed where getting longer and more painful everyday.

So we finally set up his big brothers old race car bed and put him in his room. Other than 1 or 2 teething nights he has slept until at least 3:30, where I go upstairs and nurse him for 15 mins. Then he is back asleep until 7:30. This is sooooo much better than our previous all night nursing.

Last night he slept until 5:15 this morning and then 8:10. YAY!!!!! So for anyone with sleeping baby troubles on the fence about a toddler bed I say it is definitely worth a try.

May 31st, 2011, 09:24 AM
~LaNa~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I was thinking to buy a toddler bed for Kalina and keep the crib for the new baby.However,her crib transforms into a twin bed.I think it will be way to big for her..IDK what to do.

I'm glad u found a way to make Christian sleep better.Us too r having sleeping issues with Kalina.She sleeps most of the night in our bed.She's too heavy for the pack and play and screams whenever she wakes up and realizes she's in the crib.
May 31st, 2011, 05:39 PM
mommyof3now's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
that is great

Lana- I never used a toddler bed w/ Emily she went strait to a twin bed w/ rails on both side.
May 31st, 2011, 10:14 PM
Super Mommy
DH and I have been talking about taking the side off Chris's crib (its one of the convertible ones). DH has been completely against but I thought it was worth a try. Yesterday I told him about your success and now all of a sudden it might be a good idea. haha.

The only problem is that we are in a one bedroom. So he will still be in with us. I'm still hoping it will help though. I realized that I haven't slept through the night once in almost 2 years. Even when I was still preggers with him the little monkey insisted I get up at least once a night to feed him
June 1st, 2011, 07:29 AM
BellaAmor215's Avatar Pretty much ah-mazing!
Bella is in her toddler bed and doing great as well!!! Her crib turned into a toddler bed and it's just perfect! I got a rail and she doesnt fall out now, but she can climb out of bed SAFELY now if she wants. Hasnt yet

In my daughter's eyes I am a hero. I am strong and wise and I know no fear. But the truth is plain to see. She was sent to rescue me. I see who I wanna be. In my daughter's eyes

June 2nd, 2011, 11:30 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Within a month DD will have big girl bed...first need to move my office to spare room in basement, then going to steam clean carpets, then need to move her crib in there (she can sleep in the empty room for one night I hope. Then steam clean her carpet, then set up big girl bed and move her there. Then set up dresser and start figuring out if there is any clothes from her that DS (due in Oct) can use. It just seems overwhelming right now so I keep procrastinating. But the big girl bed would have been nice last night when she woke up and I had to hold her in her chair for an hour.
June 3rd, 2011, 05:43 PM
*AngieKH*'s Avatar Mom of 4
I had Eli in a playpen in my room up until about a month ago. He was getting me up multiple times per night and nursing was painful when he would fall asleep and bite. He got moved into the crib in his sister's room with her in a twin bed. She was one of our worries, but she sleeps through his crying if he wakes up and she's been doing well about staying in bed until I come get her up. Eli got to deal with Daddy for a few nights... so that he'd understand that he wasn't going to be sleeping with Mommy when he woke up at night anymore. Now he's generally sleeping all night, and he goes right back to sleep if he does wake up. He's done nursing now, that ended this past week.

Grace (7), Elijah (4), Hannah (1), baby boy (coming soon)
plus 3 step-kids Brandon (18), Sarah (16) and Adam (13)

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search