Way Back Wednesday

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 1st, 2011, 04:43 AM
Host of March '10 PR
Let's think back to high school you for these questions!

What sports/activities were you involved in?

How far from home was your school?

How did you get to and from school?

Did you eat school lunch or pack your own?

Did you go to the prom?

How were your grades?

Were you boy-crazy?

Did you know, even at this age, that you wanted to be a mommy some day?
June 1st, 2011, 04:59 AM
Anxious New Mommy
What sports/activities were you involved in? Swimming for a couple years, but then the bad girl took over and nothing!

How far from home was your school? 2 miles

How did you get to and from school? My friend Jared picked me and my boyfried up everyday, then we got rides home from random people

Did you eat school lunch or pack your own? Don't really remember eating lunch that much...usually we would just screw around

Did you go to the prom? Not my own

How were your grades? Haha...again, bad girl, I graduated though!

Were you boy-crazy? YES! I lived for my bf, then eventually the older guys

Did you know, even at this age, that you wanted to be a mommy some day? No, really didn't think I wanted to be married or have kids

June 1st, 2011, 06:51 AM
mindyjean's Avatar Mega Super Mommy

What sports/activities were you involved in? I was in chorus, jazz band, theatre, cheerleading, softball, and drill team.

How far from home was your school? About 1 mile.

How did you get to and from school? Parents dropped me off, or I walked. Once my friends got cars, they would give me rides. (I didn't have a car until I was 22).

Did you eat school lunch or pack your own? Usually packed my own. We had "open campus" our junior and senior year, so then we went to friend's houses, or local fast food places.

Did you go to the prom? Yes, my junior and senior year. I had a really great time both years--went with a big group of friends and we all really got along well together. We were all sort of weird and quirky--but that's why it was fun.

How were your grades? I worked really hard in my Honors classes (AP), and maintained a 3.83 GPA.

Were you boy-crazy? Yeah, I was. But it was mostly behind the scenes. I didn't date too many people, and only had one serious boyfriend my senior year.

Did you know, even at this age, that you wanted to be a mommy some day? Absolutely. I took a few parenting classes and babysat a LOT, always knowing that it would be in my future.

Cycle #1: Antagonist protocol. 150 mL of bravelle and menopur for 8 days. Added ganirelix 2 days before ER and triggered with lupron and pregnyl.

13 eggs retrieved, 10 mature, 5 fertilized with ICSI, 2 made it to day 6, both abnormals. No transfer.

We will cycle again-stims start September 6, 2014!
June 1st, 2011, 07:18 AM
MichelleB's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
What sports/activities were you involved in?
Track and Field (sprints, hurdles, and long jump), Cross Country (didn't really like it), musicals (in the chorus), concert band (clarinet)

How far from home was your school?
I walked to school....very close!

How did you get to and from school?
Usually walked....but I learned to always date seniors so that they would pick me up and drive me to school. I didn't turn 16 until part way through my senior year.

Did you eat school lunch or pack your own?
Usually brown bagged it

Did you go to the prom?
Yes - I went to junior and senior prom at my school and also to a neighbor school's senior prom (with Kelly Madden! Too bad we didn't know each other)

How were your grades?
Very good - I finished third in my class. Just barely got out of having to give a speech at graduation. (yes!)

Were you boy-crazy?
Not really. However, I dated a couple of different guys during high school and each relationship lasted a decent length of time.

Yes!

[
June 1st, 2011, 07:23 AM
New Mama's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
What sports/activities were you involved in? Cross Country, Track, Musicals, NHS, Student Council, French Club

How far from home was your school? 12 Miles

How did you get to and from school? Bus until I could drive my senior year

Did you eat school lunch or pack your own? Both

Did you go to the prom? Yes

How were your grades? Good

Were you boy-crazy? NO

Did you know, even at this age, that you wanted to be a mommy some day? Yes, but it's not something I gave a lot of thought to or wanted badly at the time...Thank God. I had lots of other things I wanted to accomplish first.
June 1st, 2011, 08:01 AM
Ryan and Alex's Mommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
What sports/activities were you involved in? none

How far from home was your school? 20 mintue walk

How did you get to and from school? walked

Did you eat school lunch or pack your own? packed a lunch

Did you go to the prom? yes

How were your grades? all of them

Were you boy-crazy? only for one

Did you know, even at this age, that you wanted to be a mommy some day? yes

June 1st, 2011, 09:26 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Nick n Nate's Mom Send a message via MSN to Nick n Nate's Mom
What sports/activities were you involved in? tennis, softball, volleyball ETA others: marching, jazz and symphonic bands, NHA.

How far from home was your school? Across the street!

How did you get to and from school? Walked or boyfriend or my car my junior year.

Did you eat school lunch or pack your own? Well, since I lived so close I'd go home with my friends to eat or we'd stop at the 15 fast food places and bring it back to my house to eat.

Did you go to the prom? I went to multiple proms!

How were your grades? 4.2 GPA

Were you boy-crazy? Hellz no. I had 2 long term boyfriends

Did you know, even at this age, that you wanted to be a mommy some day? Sure did!

*thanks to Madge for my fab siggy!*

Last edited by Nick n Nate's Mom; June 1st, 2011 at 10:47 AM. Reason: edit
June 1st, 2011, 09:39 AM
Host of March '10 PR
What sports/activities were you involved in? Field hockey, track, wind ensemble (flute)', jazz band, marching band (rifle twirler)

How far from home was your school? Maybe about 9 miles?

How did you get to school? Took the bustle first few years, then got rides from friends or drove myself

Did you eat school lunch or pack your own? Leaving school for lunch wasn't an option at our school, so I usually bougt a bagel for lunch in the cafeteria. Or I brought bagged lunch.

Did you go to prom? Yes, a few

How were your grades? I was typically an A/B student

Were you boy crazy? Not really, I always dated boys from other towns

Did you know, even at this age, that you wanted to be a mommy some day? Yup!
June 1st, 2011, 02:57 PM
MsSilverSpec's Avatar Mama of 2 <3
What sports/activities were you involved in? I did ballroom dancing outside of school for 2 years nothing in school

How far from home was your school? 2 miles

How did you get to and from school? My mom would drive me, I got lucky.

Did you eat school lunch or pack your own? Packed my own mostly, once in a while Id eat school lunch.

Did you go to the prom? Yes, alone but I didnt care!

How were your grades? Good, average though cause I never studied.

Were you boy-crazy? No

Did you know, even at this age, that you wanted to be a mommy some day? Yes, I definitely knew but didnt put much thought into it!
June 2nd, 2011, 12:45 AM
AllyssaM's Avatar Emmersyns Mommah
What sports/activities were you involved in? I went into HS wanting to play Softball - I played for as long as I could remember and loved it. Unfortunately, I didn't make try outs - I was crushed. I played some summer Basketball. . . And then 11th & 12th grade I played Lacrosse.

How far from home was your school? Less then a mile. I could walk [and often did walk home].

How did you get to and from school? 9th grade - My brother was a Sr, so I went to & from school with him. I walked home on days he had baseball, which was actually most afternoons. After that my mom would drive me. Occasionally I'd get a ride home from my brother or dad - But I usually walked. Feb of my Jr year was when I finally got my license - So I was driving myself after that.

Did you eat school lunch or pack your own? I ate a school lunch. Mmm. Back in the days when I could eat a individual pizza, chips w/ nacho cheese & a soda and not gain so much as an ounce.

Did you go to the prom? DH & I started dating just 2 weeks before our Jr Prom - And we decided to go with friends at the last minute. We also went to Sr Prom.

How were your grades? I had average grades. Sr year was an easy year with me - I got 4 "easy" A's out of 6 'classes'.

Were you boy-crazy? Ya, kinda. Until I met DH in the middle of our Jr year. I was crazy for all the "bad boys", at that.

Did you know, even at this age, that you wanted to be a mommy some day? Yes. Absolutely. It's always been my biggest dream. I played with baby dolls at least until 8th grade. . .

June 2nd, 2011, 10:40 AM
sunny's Avatar It's all in the Hips!

What sports/activities were you involved in? golf my freshman year (I sucked haha), Environmental Group for 9th - 10th grade (don't think it existed after that am not sure), I helped with the play sets my freshman and sophomore year. Senior year was in commercial art which was a 2/3 hour long class each day

How far from home was your school? walked a lot so not far....think maybe 2 miles at MOST

How did you get to and from school? walked when it was nice, boyfriends or friends, my dad in the winter my freshman year, and then I also drove my junior and senior year

Did you eat school lunch or pack your own? school lunch but most days we went out to eat so lots of fast food!

Did you go to the prom? yes went to Christmas formal 9th, 10th, and 12th grade I believe and prom my junior and senior year

How were your grades? graduated with 3.2 and that was with not trying much at all haha

Were you boy-crazy? Had a serious boyfriend 9th and part of 10th grade then next serioud boyfriend from 10th grade until 2007 haha

Did you know, even at this age, that you wanted to be a mommy some day? YES
June 2nd, 2011, 12:41 PM
Alicia W.'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
What sports/activities were you involved in? Concert/Pep Band, Choir, Volleyball (for a short time), and some volunteer stuff.

How far from home was your school? About 10 minutes

How did you get to and from school? The bus until I got my license.

Did you eat school lunch or pack your own? Bit of both.

Did you go to the prom? Yes, two of them.

How were your grades? I graduated with a 3.97 GPA. I only had one B+

Were you boy-crazy? I suppose so lol... though I don't think I was overly so.

Did you know, even at this age, that you wanted to be a mommy some day? Not really.... I figured I would like to be some day I guess, but for some reason I had trouble picturing myself as one. I also for some reason always thought I would have trouble getting pregnant and sure enough... I have PCOS.

June 2nd, 2011, 05:24 PM
HappyMommyof4's Avatar Mega Super Mommy

What sports/activities were you involved in? Editor of the year book, president of the grad committee, school float committee

How far from home was your school? 30 min bus ride

How did you get to and from school? Bus then bf or I drove

Did you eat school lunch or pack your own? Brown bag my Mom made it for me

Did you go to the prom? Yes

How were your grades? Depends on the subject

Were you boy-crazy? Always had one, I was never single more then a couple of days.

Last edited by HappyMommyof4; June 2nd, 2011 at 05:28 PM.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search