June 1st

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 1st, 2011, 05:20 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Who has started the 17 Day Diet?

Do you have all the foods you need?

June 1st, 2011, 05:32 AM
taterm's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I did!
I love it because it is so simple and you don't need a lot of foods to start! The only thing I still need to get are probiotic pills. I am not a big fan of yogurt and there isn't a good variety over here so most of it I can't have anyway.

I told dh that I can't believe I am actually excited to go on this diet, but I am.

*Thank you *Kiliki* for the beautiful siggy!
June 1st, 2011, 07:38 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I feel the same way. I officially started today even though I did a test run yesterday but I had baked some cookies the day before and I couldn't see them get thrown in the trash so I just had to eat them.

All I need is the olive oil. I may look into the probiotic pills as well because I am not a fan of yogurt and only eat certain flavors and I can see that getting old.

But so far off to a good start. I also forgot to weigh myself

June 1st, 2011, 10:39 AM
LadyCoconut's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I love having the pills even though I like yogurt and cottage cheese... it's just easy when I forget to eat those things and its bedtime.

I just started cycle 2. On cycle two you alternate days, so one day I eat like you do on cycle one, and then the next day I can have most meat (lean ground beef) and I have to also eat two starches -- potatoes, granola, beans, etc.

I just had a DELICIOUS baked potato! haha. Tonight I am pre-making a meatloaf for DH to pop in the oven while I'm at the gym.

I have been doing with my SIL to the different classes... zumba, kickboxing, etc. and its been awesome. Especcially b/c normally when she's able to go its during dinner time so DH cooks and puts the baby to bed I will definitely work out to miss doing that stuff! He's awesome!

June 1st, 2011, 01:38 PM
Conners Mommie +2's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm not doing this diet, but I'm here

Shannon, it's so much more fun and easier when you have someone to do it. I think it's your competitive nature maybe.....but we push each other and hold each other accountable. Love it!

June 1st, 2011, 05:25 PM
Oh yeah... every time I've wanted to just have a bite of chocolate or something, I think about hwo my SIL will be skinny in a couple months and I don't want to still be at this weight. Today we did a zumba class and she stayed afterward for the power (weightlifting) class that was right after, but I had to go home and cook dinner and was a little bitter that she was getting more of a workout... but I'm not gonna lie, I'm pretty sore. haha.

June 2nd, 2011, 05:31 AM
I cheated a bit last night.
Mark made cookies Tuesday night and of course they were so tempting. I passed on them the first time, but not the second.

But oh well I am still losing so I don't think it hurt too much. I just need to make sure it doesn't happen again!

June 2nd, 2011, 05:41 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by taterm View Post
I cheated a bit last night.
Mark made cookies Tuesday night and of course they were so tempting. I passed on them the first time, but not the second.

But oh well I am still losing so I don't think it hurt too much. I just need to make sure it doesn't happen again!
Don't feel bad. I had 8 m&ms because I got hungry at work. I prepared better today or so I hope

June 2nd, 2011, 01:46 PM
Today was better! I kept to the diet all day. Whew...although now is when I usually snack so I am trying to drink a ton of water, but I really want a cookie.

June 2nd, 2011, 02:49 PM
peace.love.audrey
I kinda started today. I still need to get my yogurt. Right now I am eating a salad with chicken. I am going to start drinking Apply Cider Vinegar too.

The only way I will get all that water in is with LOTS and LOTS of Crystal Light.
June 2nd, 2011, 02:55 PM
peace.love.audrey
Quote:
Originally Posted by taterm View Post
Today was better! I kept to the diet all day. Whew...although now is when I usually snack so I am trying to drink a ton of water, but I really want a cookie.
At night is when I usually snack too. Ugh. I am going to start taking my sleeping pills though so I don't sit up and feed my face.
June 2nd, 2011, 06:07 PM
After dinner is my hardest time b/c I just want something sweet. I would eat one of the dessert flavored yogurts and that helps, but I also don't want to be eating all of that before bed either so I'm trying to curb that and just eat a piece of gum to change the flavor in my mouth. If there were cookies freshly baked I wouldn't be able to resist either, Elizabeth. That's tough!

Jenn you are drinking apple cider vinegar? what the hell is that about?

Wendy's has a new salad that has strawberries, blueberries, chicken (which is hot, and I like that) and then some kind of cheese ... btu the cheese is easy to pick off. It comes with a fat free raspberry vinaigrette and is a pretty good option for on the go!

June 3rd, 2011, 07:16 AM
It is very tough! So I put them in a drawer that I never get into.
I even gave B an oreo without getting a couple for myself.

June 3rd, 2011, 05:12 PM
Man it would be so hard to have oreos and not eat them. Its hard enopugh when Lily tries to force feed me delicious animal crackers

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search