Sleep Question?

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 2nd, 2011, 05:48 AM
Morgans Mommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
OK, so since we have been doing ADITL I have noticed that many of you have your babies sleep with a lovie or blankie. I have not let Morgan sleep with anything in her crib - even to this day, I am still SIDS paranoid. She absolutely loves her doggie lovie and I know she would love to cuddle with him all night. At what age do you feel it is safe to do so? She is a little over 6 months old now and I would think she would be OK, but I am nervous!
Baking a Rainbow

8/12

June 2nd, 2011, 05:52 AM
MoMMy2*Vicky.Hayd.and.K*'s Avatar LOVE my GiRL & BoyS! <3
i'm the same!!! i'd like to hear this from others and those with more than one child.... i'm such a paranoid parent!

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my Beautiful Siggy!

June 2nd, 2011, 06:59 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Knox loves a blankie (as do the others still). I'm A little paranoid too so I didn't let the twins sleep with it all the time until they were close to 1. With Knox, I let him use it to fall asleep and sneak in 20mins later to take it out of his crib (same thing I did with the older 2).

June 2nd, 2011, 07:05 AM
Pregnant with #2
Brendan falls asleep with his muslin blankie but he usually kicks it off so I just take it out about 20-30 mins after he falls asleep. Sometimes he squeezes it tight in his fingers so I let him keep it until I see he let go and if he hasnt let go by the time I go to bed I pry it loose. He also has a little lovie that he loves squishing his head into but once he is asleep I move it to the side of the crib.

June 2nd, 2011, 07:45 AM
austinmommy3's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Christian has a little monkey/small blankie lovey. He never lets it go, and if I try to pry it out (like I did my older two), he wakes up. So I have resigned myself to let him keep it. I have watched him, and he will put the blanket on his face, but pulls it back off. No matter how much he rolls around and moves, that darn lovey is clenched in a hand.

June 2nd, 2011, 12:41 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Riley sleeps with us, and we obviously sleep with blankets. I usually just put the sheet up to his armpits, but most of the time he even kicks that off. His new thing is to put his face into the headboard, and there aren't any blankets up there.
June 2nd, 2011, 02:32 PM
martilynne's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiffany8620 View Post
Riley sleeps with us, and we obviously sleep with blankets. I usually just put the sheet up to his armpits, but most of the time he even kicks that off. His new thing is to put his face into the headboard, and there aren't any blankets up there.
The same with Jax. Since he usually goes to bed before us he usually has his lovie too.

June 2nd, 2011, 08:22 PM
mommy_jackie's Avatar Jaide & Jo's Momma
She doesn't sleep with anything. I'm too paranoid to let her. We actually I do cover her with a little blanket up to her tummy and tuck it under so its "pinched" and she can't grab it too easily. But I always check on her all night anyways.

June 2nd, 2011, 09:10 PM
hope4four's Avatar Veteran
I'm probably too relaxed in this department, but I let Amelia sleep with whatever she wants.

*Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my siggy!

June 2nd, 2011, 09:21 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Boston sleeps with a bear lovey and a small blanket. I check on him periodically but he usually just kicks the blanket off in his sleep...he always has that lovey though!

June 3rd, 2011, 08:23 AM
lulu711's Avatar Super Mommy
I think Scarlett would like to sleep with a lovey. She has started falling asleep gripping her pajamas because mommy is too paranoid to actually give her anything!
June 3rd, 2011, 09:00 AM
Mjon912's Avatar Veteran
When Hayden goes down for naps I leave her pooh bear in the crib with her but at night she's doesn't sleep with anything
June 3rd, 2011, 10:16 AM
Super Mommy
I'll give it to her to fall asleep with, then I sneak in and take it away. She loves having something to snuggle.

June 3rd, 2011, 06:33 PM
simplycorey's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I only let him sleep with a thin blanket sometimes.

Mom to: Kimberly (15), Caleb (14), Micayla (12),
Zechariah (11) and Frankie - born 1/3/11

June 3rd, 2011, 06:42 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Nothing here either. I am too scared I guess. She doesn't have any bumpers either. It kind of looks bare in her crib, but I feel better with nothing. I guess we can start to let them have one little lovie....especially since most of our babes are not swaddled anymore and can freely move from back to tummy, etc.

LolasMama3 by LoLo's Mama, on Flickr

Thank you Gray's Mama for my awesome siggy!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search