Separation anxiety! *update post #15*

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 2nd, 2011, 05:56 AM
MoMMy2*Vicky.Hayd.and.K*'s Avatar Expecting #4 :)
Ever since i got this munchkin sleeping in her crib for nights and naps its been great and a breeze when it comes to sleep time... but suddenly last night i couldn't get her to bed! last week i know it was teething but now both teeth are poked through and she doesn't seem to be showing those signs... its really when mommy leaves the room now! what can i do to help her? last night it took 2.5hrs to get the poor baby to sleep by that time she was so overtired! and i can tell lately that she "loves" mommy... she really turns towards me to hold my face and smile or laugh... she will snuggle me more like crazy... is this or does this sound like separation anxiety? she'll be 6 months in 9 days!

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my Beautiful Siggy!

:

Expecting #4 Can't believe we caught the first egg! ~.*PiNk Baby Dust ViBeS*.~

Last edited by MoMMy2*Vicky.Hayd.and.K*; June 3rd, 2011 at 05:36 AM.
June 2nd, 2011, 06:36 AM
SassySami's Avatar Crunchy mama
yep seperation anxiety at its finest. they start hitting it right about now.. nothing you can really do about it..

I hope it gets better for you

Sami, married to Joe, mama to Debra (9), Kaydence (7), Nolan (2) and Jarek born 6/26/2013, unassisted at home

June 2nd, 2011, 06:41 AM
for her 1st nap today she started crying... and came in her room and gave her glowing seahorse in the crib... she stopped crying, turned towards it and started sucking her thumb to sleep... she's been asleep for almost 1.5hrs now... i think she needs a physical attachment!

the whole toy in crib thing makes me nervous... i chose this one because it glows for 5 minutes! while her aquarium is on! but its pretty big! it did distract her though

:

June 2nd, 2011, 07:07 AM
Mega Super Mommy
We have the seahorse too!! The other gloworm thing is CRAP - only plays for like 45 seconds, I'd barely be outta the room by that time! Separation anxiety is hard. I can tell Knox is doing the same things as Victoria - in regards to loving on mommy (and grandma!) so I'm afraid it won't be long before he starts the anxiety thing

June 2nd, 2011, 07:12 AM
Pregnant with #2
Hmm wonder if B is getting to the same stage...the last few days he has been super cuddly, leaning towards me if on the couch together and holding on to me tightly. It can start around 6 months but some babies dont get it until a little older.

June 2nd, 2011, 08:20 AM
Morgans Mommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We have the same seahorse and glow-worm too! Morgan doesn't care for either of them. Just that f'in doggie blanket!! That's all the girl needs to be happy, haha.
Baking a Rainbow

8/12

June 2nd, 2011, 08:40 AM
i have the glow worm too... its too short!!! it has to be this because she never cries when bedtime comes!!! this breaks my heart!!!!! do i just let her cry? reassure like every 5min? she's like so angry at me!!!!

:

June 2nd, 2011, 08:42 AM
~Lindsay~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Abi is the same way, I am starting to wonder if that is what her deal is waking up 3x at night.

We have the sea horse too! It helps put her to sleep.

June 2nd, 2011, 09:07 AM
holy separation anxiety! it has to be this!!!! 2nd nap.... she was yelling at me!!!! ahhh good thing she doesn't say momma yet or i'd be in tears! the sea horse and gloworm weren't doing anything... so i gave her an extra feed (of love).. when i put her down in bed initially she cried and then gave her the sea horse... and she's on her way to falling asleep...

:

June 2nd, 2011, 11:57 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Riley is hitting the anxiety stage too. When we first get places if anyone tries to take him right away he screams. After awhile he usually does OK though. Around the house if he's playing by himself I try not to let him see me, because the minute he does he gets mad and wants to be picked up.
June 2nd, 2011, 12:14 PM
well nap #3 i tried something different.. no more picking up!! although that's like the only way to instantly get her to stop crying... i stayed close to her without looking at her but she can see my side profile face and eye. i talked all happy about how much i loved her its time for nap even sang a few songs... then she seemed to get it mommy is here but not picking me up... once she calmed a bit i stopped talking but stayed there... she started up again but not as bad and then calmed... so i moved a little further away.. and then a bit more further away and she eventually fell asleep! let's see how long she sleeps though!!!

her 1st nap today she did 1.5hrs not too bad... 2nd nap a whopping 30min AHHHHH!!!!! keeping my fingers crossed for #3... or she'll be getting overtired for officially putting her to bed (which will be fun) but i;'ll try this again. its just heartbreaking but at least i can help her be independent a bit and make it a good experience for her.
hopefully this doesn't last too long though!

u know i read this also tends to start when the kid starts eating solids too (breastfed babies) so who knows!

:

June 2nd, 2011, 05:23 PM
HAH! Nap #3 lasted 30min.... and then my kid did the craziness and rolled 3x towards me and 1 crawl step! Must be the sweet potatoes although she only got like a few bites since i dunno if she's into it yet!

Putting her to bed.... oh GEEZ! just over 1 hrs of crying... and well i'm waiting for the first sleep cycle to be over any minute now.... will she wake up screaming or soothe herself back for the night!!! AHHHHH! i miss my amazing sleeper! her first word better be mamma! hehehehe =D

:

June 2nd, 2011, 06:40 PM
Mega Super Mommy
awww... does she have teeth? is she teething?

June 2nd, 2011, 07:02 PM
She has the 2 bottom teeth but all sides are fully out!
She's still sleeping... Phewwww yesterday she did sttn but took 2.5hrs to put to bed. Tnight took just over an hour to put to bed! But it was hard to get her down each nap time too and she's never like that only when we were teaching her to nap in her crib.

:

June 3rd, 2011, 05:34 AM
UPDATE:

Well she didn't wake up last night after her 1st sleep cycle and sttn yay!

And well to my surprise this am i put her down for her 1st nap no problem... said have a nice nap, a kissie on the head and left the room and not a cry! she did was she normally does, talks to herself for 2 min and then goes to sleep. i'd be nice to say maybe she;s a super quick learner? we'll see

:

June 3rd, 2011, 06:11 AM
mommy_jackie's Avatar Jaide & Jo's Momma
I'm pretty sure Jai is going thru it too. For memorial day we had a cookout and about 30 people came. Whoever tried carried her, or so much as even looked at her, she would start crying immediately. So I had to carry her the whole time cause even putting her down in her usual spots was outta the question. But this wasn't just one day, this is how she's been lately so its hard getting things done around here. Bedtime is always a hassle.

She has the seahorse too but she could care less about it.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search