Veggies and water

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 4th, 2011, 08:33 AM
taterm's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am having a hard time with the veggies and water.

I know I am not eating enough veg, but I really need to find some awesome recipes.
And my water intake is sucking. I usually drink a little more than 32oz. What helps you to drink more water?
Also omg I feel like I am pregnant again I swear I get up 5times a night to pee!

*Thank you *Kiliki* for the beautiful siggy!
June 4th, 2011, 09:37 AM
LadyCoconut's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am a 'chugger' so getting water in is pretty easy for me. I don't like it too cold or I can't drink it really fast... but when I go to drink water I usually drink about 15-20 ounces at a time, like in one tip back... so it adds up quick for me. I always carry around a 1 liter water bottle and I just know I have to fill it up at least twice each day. I normally do it several times more than that plus all the green tea, lol. I think drinking out of a water bottle where you know how many ozs you get makes all the difference.

as far as veggies... I don't really know what to tell ya. I eat pretty much all veggies and I like them grilled or steamed so I don't really use them in recipes, kwim?

June 4th, 2011, 01:46 PM
taterm's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Ok the "popcorn cauliflower" on the drs. website was amazing!
I used a spicy olive oil instead of just regular olive oil. YUM

I refill two 32oz bottles of water every day, but so far I am only drinking one and a half bottles....I will just keep drinking! Hopefully I will get to the full 64oz soon.

*Thank you *Kiliki* for the beautiful siggy!
June 4th, 2011, 02:11 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I was going to say that I still use my hospital cup to get to 64 oz a day even though I find myself drinking more than that lately. At work I will have 32 oz before lunch and 32 oz after lunch.

June 4th, 2011, 02:43 PM
Nicole1110's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I find that I drink a ton more water if I drink it out of a straw. I am a chronic diet soda drinker and am always buying Big Gulp type cups at convenience stores and if I fill the cup with water it really helps me get it down.

Major
June 6th, 2011, 05:27 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicole1110 View Post
I find that I drink a ton more water if I drink it out of a straw. I am a chronic diet soda drinker and am always buying Big Gulp type cups at convenience stores and if I fill the cup with water it really helps me get it down.
Come to think of it I am the same way. I drink really slow if I am not drinking out of a straw. I think thats why I love my hospital cup so much.

June 8th, 2011, 04:22 PM
Conners Mommie +2's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
What kinds of veggies do you like Elizabeth? Allrecipes.com has tons of recipes!! My favorite veggie my hubby cooks for me is zucchini....all he does is uses a little olive oil and seasoning salt and it's sooooooo yummy. I found an asparagus recipe on allrecipes that you use asparagus, olive oil, grape tomatoes and parmesan cheese....it's delicious!

I'm also a straw drinker! I have a 20 oz water bottle and I drink about 4-5 bottles a day....straws definitely make it easier!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search