Saw my doctor today (xposted)

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 25th, 2011, 11:34 AM
Mom.to.PinknBlue's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
So I went to the OB this morning to follow up from my m/c. My uterus is completely empty now, which is good. I am still struggling with dealing with everything.
We also talked about my ridiculously long cycles. I am currently on cycle day 70. He believes I am not even ovulating regularly so they drew a TSH and Prolactin and I'll know on Monday the results. He also talked to me about taking Provera next month if AF hasn't arrived. I voiced my concerns because of my history of blood clots and he showed me studies that said estrogen is linked more towards causing clots then progesterone. So if no period in July I will take the Provera to bring it on. He said at the 3 month point something really needs to be done and that is the best option.
I am hoping my hormone levels come back normal, but if they are who knows what the cause is of these long cycles. And if my hormones are all out of whack, I am not even sure what they can do to help straighten everything out.
I'm glad it was a decent visit because the doctor I saw today is not one of my favorites in the practice. And it is nice to know that I will have answers soon.
I thought I would keep you all updated since you have been so wonderful to me.
June 27th, 2011, 01:41 PM
Mama Chemist 73's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I hope you are able to get some answers. The not knowing what is going on would drive me nuts. Please let us know the outcome.

My Ovulation Chart
June 27th, 2011, 08:24 PM
They called and said my thyroid and prolactin levels perfectly normal. The nurse said I pretty much have to wait and see what happens with my body.
On Thursday the doctor I work with is ordering a comprehensive coagulability test because there could be something in that, that is screwing up my body.

So I know absolutely nothing.
June 28th, 2011, 06:58 AM
CandaceDianne's Avatar Lilyan's Mommy
I am sorry you didn't get any answers today...hopefully the other test will show something. {{{HUGS}}}

Born June 5, 2010
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
June 28th, 2011, 07:29 AM
Leanne78's Avatar Nov 2012 DDC Co-Host
Hope you get some answers Amee! (((HUGS)))

June 28th, 2011, 10:00 AM
shannonranee
Hopefully they can figure it out for you. If your hormones are out of whack there really is nothing they can do about it. As far as the provera yeah they say they really should do something after 3 months but honestly I have went 18 MONTHS with no AF and it eventually showed up on its own - then it was normal again (every 28 days) until I got pg the first time then it was all of of wack for years until I had nattie then went back to normal 28 day cycle - so who knows after this miscarriage. I found that my cycle seemed to correct it self fast by by not taking anything then by taking provera or fertility drugs or what ever other drugs.
June 28th, 2011, 10:53 AM
Yea am still weighing the pros and cons of taking Provera. I still have my doubts because of my history of blood clots. I never want to go through that again. And yea its a minimal chance that progesterone would give me a clot, but with the way my luck seems to run I would end up getting one.
So we shall see.
June 28th, 2011, 11:32 AM
shannonranee
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarleighJanes.Mama View Post
Yea am still weighing the pros and cons of taking Provera. I still have my doubts because of my history of blood clots. I never want to go through that again. And yea its a minimal chance that progesterone would give me a clot, but with the way my luck seems to run I would end up getting one.
So we shall see.
Maybe if you decide to take it you could also take a baby aspirin to help thin your blood a little.
June 28th, 2011, 11:43 AM
Mama Chemist 73's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Sorry you didn't find out anything. Maybe the next run of tests will help. Hugs.

My Ovulation Chart
June 28th, 2011, 11:55 AM
That is a good idea Shannon!
July 3rd, 2011, 08:10 AM
flitabout's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Let us know what they say. I hope everything goes well.

July 3rd, 2011, 05:54 PM
Still don't know anything. I've been spotting for a few days so maybe AF will be here full force soon.
July 3rd, 2011, 06:59 PM
KaiyaRae'sMomma's Avatar Forever missing Kaiya Rae
love you

Thank you Alethia for my siggy!

Read my blog: www.grievingmomma.wordpress.com
July 3rd, 2011, 09:17 PM
Love you too
July 5th, 2011, 10:21 AM
♥susan♥'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Sorry you are dealing with all of this! I had to take Provera after my second miscarriage to get things going. We really wanted to start TTC again so I wanted AF to hurry up and get back to normal. I ended up having to do Clomid too since I was not ovulating. Hope they figure it all out soon...HJ needs a playmate!
July 5th, 2011, 01:07 PM
I agree HJ needs a playmate, it will happen when the time is right I guess. I have this feeling that I will end up on clomid because my doctor believes i'm not ovulating every month.
July 8th, 2011, 10:43 AM
♥susan♥'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I forgot to mention this in my other post...check with your insurance before you have an appointment to talk about Clomid (if you have an appt). I learned the hard way that the appointment to talk about not ovulating and going on clomid was considered "fertility problems" and my insurance would cover nothing. I know they were not going to cover the meds but I had no clue that the office was billing it as "fertility". I had to fight for over a year to have the doctor change the billing code but it only worked for a few of the appointments. I still ended up paying quite a bit out of pocket.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search