Can I get some T&Ps please?! *BIG LONG UPDATE!*

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 5th, 2011, 02:32 PM
MommyKent910's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I cant wait to hear an update!! HURRY BACK!!
July 5th, 2011, 02:34 PM
RunningWithBoys's Avatar Amanda
I saw the U/S on FB! I am hoping you got a good report at the dr!
love you sweetums.

July 5th, 2011, 02:37 PM
alethia's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Can't wait to hear!!!
July 5th, 2011, 03:18 PM
VeronicaBride's Avatar Jen
Saw a beautiful pic on FB but need an update!!

July 5th, 2011, 03:34 PM
white.house's Avatar Kelli
Hello my loves!!!

Sorry this is so delayed. We ended up doing the u/s at 1:40 and then I was ready for my appointment by 2:15. I didn't end up seeing the doctor til after 3:30!!! Ugh! Some of that time was spent in the waiting room and some in the room after the nurse had already seen me. Annoying, especially since I had a 9 month old with me. I was a very proud mommy though, Eli did much better than I had anticipated!

First, the u/s! We have ONE very healthy baby The heart beat was strong at 147 and s/he was sleeping with his/her hand tucked up under the chin! It was so sweet! I forgot how emotional it is when you see your LO just curled up safe and snug inside of you She didn't even give me a chance to ask her to look for gender, she shot it down right away and said we'd do it at my next appointment when I will be 18 weeks.
She dated my and the official due date is December 28th, which makes me 14 weeks 6 days I will be moving up week by week on Wednesdays, just like with Eli

Here is a pic... Apparently at this office you have to bring your own CD to get a bunch or pictures. They don't print them off, so I took it with my phone:

Next was my appointment. My blood pressure was NORMAL, thank goodness! Please please please let it stay that way for the WHOLE pregnancy!
I just love my OB. She congratulated me on my weight! Even though I am still overweight, she was proud of me for being lower than I was at my pap smear in January!
We talked about having a VBAC and she is VERY open to it, which made me really happy. I wasn't sure how their office is with that kind of stuff. We talked about my concerns and basically left it at: I am going to try for a VBAC, but I understand that I may end up having a repeat c/s depending on how things go. She said the most successful VBACs are with pregnancies where the baby was breech. She said there is no telling why I stalled with Eli (made me feel better about getting my epidural) and that it could very well be my body and may happen again. We are just going to see how things play out.

I think that's it.
I got my blood drawn and my next appointment is August 2nd (u/s and appointment).

I have a u/s tech friend and I am going to see if she can find out the gender for us before then (if we have a free weekend, not sure yet). If not, then we will find out at the next appointment! I was pretty bummed we didn't find out, but moreso I was just happy to see the baby!

Thanks again for thinking of me

eli grey [9.15.10]
jude lawrence [11.9.12]

forever loving our best girl, finley [born still 10.30.11]
July 5th, 2011, 04:05 PM
Mrs.Mikey's Avatar Kay- mom of Bryson
Yay! So glad everything went great and yay for trying a VBAC! Woohoo!

July 5th, 2011, 04:11 PM
irish luck's Avatar *Callie*
Yay for the chance for a VBAC! sounds like your OB is awesome!! does the pregnancy seem more real now?

THANK YOU Jaidynsmum
FOR THE GREAT SIGGY!

Gavin Betsy
July 5th, 2011, 04:14 PM
alethia's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yeay for a great appointment!! and i'm so glad she is open to you doing the VBAC! awesome! wahoooo!!
July 5th, 2011, 04:24 PM
WomanInTheMoon's Avatar Courtney
Aww I'm so excited for ya'll! You need to post that pic of Eli in his big brother outfit on fb. That's a great looking bean!

July 5th, 2011, 04:40 PM
amonstersmomma's Avatar Coetta Dawn
Wahoo!!!!! Gosh I love seeing ultrasound picture I can't wait to hear the gender Do you have a feeling either way?

July 5th, 2011, 04:49 PM
~SavedbyGrace~'s Avatar ~Nichole~
Yay!!! Sounds like a great appointment and what a darling little picture already!! So glad your bp is good!!! That is wonderful!! A little Christmas baby!!
July 5th, 2011, 05:01 PM
AtomicMama's Avatar CopperBoom!
Sorry I missed your first post I wasn't on all day. But YAY for a beautiful, healthy (single!!) little baby!! He (or she) is just perfect!!! How wonderful

And your OB sounds great! I'm so glad that you like her. And it sounds like she has a great plan for your VBAC attempt. Either way, it will be great! I'm so excited for you!

July 5th, 2011, 05:09 PM
redbirds's Avatar Blessed Again!
Sounds like a great appointment (except for the wait...) It almost seems surreal that you will be finding out the gender ALREADY! HOly cow. Where's the time gone!

Hat's off to Vicki for my cute siggy, thank you!
July 5th, 2011, 05:19 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Just seeing this now. I am so happy for you and Daniel. Congratulation on a healthy bundle of joy! WTG Eli for showing how to be a big brother and behaving well at the doctor's.

Thanks Claire1979 for my awesome siggy.
July 5th, 2011, 05:35 PM
TanyaMM's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yippee for a great appointment!!! August 2nd seems so soon, but hopefully your friend can sneak you in sooner.

I'm glad you were able to see one healthy little baby ... do you feel alittle more connect now that you have seen that all is well?

Thank you GraysMama for the awesome Siggy

July 5th, 2011, 06:07 PM
Memi's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yay!!! So glad to hear the appointment went so well. I cannot wait to hear the gender, but August will be here before you know it...time is flying!!!!
And I'm glad your OB is so supportive of a VBAC! Very excited for you, Kelli!

July 5th, 2011, 06:14 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Sounds like everything went really well!
July 5th, 2011, 07:10 PM
white.house's Avatar Kelli
Thank you EVERYONE!!

To those who asked, yes I definitely feel more connected and in tune with this pregnancy NOW! I guess I just really didn't believe it or come to terms with it til I saw some proof, does that make sense?? I mean seeing two lines is definitely proof, but seeing the baby's tiny thumb and curled up legs and hearing a heart beat just makes me feel so blessed!

I am leaning towards boy. Maybe because that's what I want..... I don't trust my gut though, I could have sworn Eli was a girl Nope. He's not. However, this pregnancy is eerily the same as Eli's. Even the same craving - for one week all I wanted was Mexican and now I am eating clementines like they are going out of style I think I will be quite surprised if it's a girl!

eli grey [9.15.10]
jude lawrence [11.9.12]

forever loving our best girl, finley [born still 10.30.11]
July 5th, 2011, 07:36 PM
MamaMcGaw3's Avatar Veteran
congrats!!!

July 5th, 2011, 07:37 PM
Canadianne
I'm so glad it went well!

I have to admit, though, when you said that there was a long update I was expecting you to announce that you were having triplets.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search