Out and about....

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 6th, 2011, 10:51 AM
MommyKent910's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
How often do you go out with your LO? Do you tend to try and schedule trips to the store and such for when either you or DH/SO can stay home with the baby? How is your LO when you are out?
July 6th, 2011, 10:59 AM
amonstersmomma's Avatar Coetta Dawn
How often do you go out with your LO? A couple times a week
Do you tend to try and schedule trips to the store and such for when either you or DH/SO can stay home with the baby? No. We almost always go together. We only try and be home for Caleb's bedtime.
How is your LO when you are out? He's really really good

July 6th, 2011, 11:05 AM
Meggie26's Avatar Megan
Send a message via MSN to Meggie26
I try to get out and about at least every day to every other day. For the most part, I'm usually alone. It can be stressful..BUT I make do.

July 6th, 2011, 11:05 AM
irish luck's Avatar *Callie*
How often do you go out with your LO? Pretty much every day, at least to the park or to drop off/pick up Logan from school

Do you tend to try and schedule trips to the store and such for when either you or DH/SO can stay home with the baby? I wish but if i did that i would only get out once a month.... I do try to go on days that logan is at daycare... then I only have Gavin with me.... once you have two taking one seems easy

How is your LO when you are out? if I time it well he does good.... if we are too close to eatting or sleeping time it is rougher..... (now that Gav sits in the stroller or shopping cart he doesn't fall asleep while out.... in the carseat he will though so sometimes i put it in the stroller

THANK YOU Jaidynsmum
FOR THE GREAT SIGGY!

Gavin Betsy
July 6th, 2011, 11:17 AM
Canadianne
How often do you go out with your LO? I try to do something with him out of the house every day. Some days it is just a walk or playing outside. We go into 'town' (about half an hour away) two or three times a week.

Do you tend to try and schedule trips to the store and such for when either you or DH/SO can stay home with the baby? He is pretty much always with me. I do try to schedule grocery shopping at a time when DH can watch Beckett though...so much easier to not have Mr. Grabby Hands in the cart!

How is your LO when you are out? He's generally pretty great. He will sleep in the car or in his stroller so naps are usually not a problem.
July 6th, 2011, 11:34 AM
Platinum Supermommy
How often do you go out with your LO? Pretty much every day. Even with 5 kids here today, we went for a 2 mile walk and to the park.

Do you tend to try and schedule trips to the store and such for when either you or DH/SO can stay home with the baby? Not usually, I like to get the shopping done when he's at work so that when he is home we can do family stuff. Sometimes I leave the boys with him and just take Teresa though if the boys are going to race RC cars or something, then he can help them and not have to keep Teresa occupied.

How is your LO when you are out? Fantastic! She LOVES people watching.
July 6th, 2011, 12:11 PM
alethia's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
How often do you go out with your LO? a few times a week
Do you tend to try and schedule trips to the store and such for when either you or DH/SO can stay home with the baby?sometimes
How is your LO when you are out? usually really good!
July 6th, 2011, 12:15 PM
whitehouse's Avatar My name is Kelli :)
How often do you go out with your LO? We get out fairly often. We have play dates and mommy group events, we go to story time at the library, meet DH for lunch at his office, go downtown, etc. We are also gone almost every weekend, seeing friends and whatnot. The great thing about being a SAHM is that we can chose when and where we go out during the day. Especially weeks like this one, when I am sick, we can just hang out at home.
Do you tend to try and schedule trips to the store and such for when either you or DH/SO can stay home with the baby? We go on our big grocery shopping trips as a family. It's just easier that way. We can both keep an eye on Eli and pick out things we want. Plus, I like shopping with DH and he doesn't mind.
How is your LO when you are out? He is really great! He is like Teresa, a people watcher. He is almost better when we are out and around other people then when we are alone! Especially if there are little kids, he loves watching them and trying to go play with them

.fearfully and wonderfully made.
eli grey // jude lawrence
forever loving Finley
July 6th, 2011, 05:34 PM
klsfl10's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
How often do you go out with your LO? We try and do something daily but sometimes it ends up being every other day.
Do you tend to try and schedule trips to the store and such for when either you or DH/SO can stay home with the baby? One of of watches him while the other shops...sometimes I take him with me for a quick trip and he's started leaning out of the cart to grab things from the shelves
How is your LO when you are out? He loves to be around people, so he's great but he just gets excited with all the fun "toys" at the grocery, lol.

July 6th, 2011, 05:44 PM
AtomicMama's Avatar CopperBoom!
How often do you go out with your LO? I try to get OUT daily, even if it's just for a walk or jog or bike ride or quick trip to the park. I like knowing he has had a little bit of fresh air every day, and I think it helps him sleep better. We have actual "events" (play dates, shopping, library story time, babysitting, church, etc.) 4 or 5 days a week, though.
Do you tend to try and schedule trips to the store and such for when either you or DH/SO can stay home with the baby? LOL, no. But, when he was with the babysitter more regularly, I would often stop and grab things I needed quickly on my way to pick him up. If it's a quick trip, that was easier than taking him, but big shopping trips (and pretty much everything else) we always do together.
How is your LO when you are out? He's like Theresa and Eli, better out than at home He loves to people watch, loves other kids, flirts with the old ladies at the grocery store. He's less fussy on days when we are out and about and busy (as long as he gets to nap) than on days when he is stuck home all day or most of the day.

July 6th, 2011, 06:36 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Definitely once every day, but mostly several times per day ( park, grocery store, just for a walk or play in front of the house ). We try to work around Milan's naps and meals, but won't let them stop us if we have to be somewhere. Milan is really good when we are out.

Thanks Claire1979 for my awesome siggy.
July 6th, 2011, 07:48 PM
TanyaMM's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
How often do you go out with your LO? We got out every day. It is very rare that we stay home.

Do you tend to try and schedule trips to the store and such for when either you or DH/SO can stay home with the baby? Sometimes if I need to try on clothes or something I will leave the boys at home. We usually do grocery shopping as a family or I do it on days Mason is at daycare.

How is your LO when you are out? Add Myles to the loves to go out club. He is also a huge flirt and LOVES attention. He actually will get mad at people if they don't pay attention to him

Thank you GraysMama for the awesome Siggy

July 6th, 2011, 08:48 PM
The Heather's Avatar Jedi Master of Piffleness
How often do you go out with your LO? I go out at least one of the weekend days every week.

Do you tend to try and schedule trips to the store and such for when either you or DH/SO can stay home with the baby? Nope, DH works weekends most of the time, so I would be stuck in the house every weekend if I did this. DH does usually go to the grocery store in the evenings after the kids are in bed.

How is your LO when you are out? Chase and Tenli are both usually pretty good.

July 6th, 2011, 08:58 PM
MamaMcGaw3's Avatar Veteran
We get out daily. Im not a home body. I like to go, go, go. Jenna does really well. She does get tired if we are out all day. But then again so I am! lol
I try to plan grocery trips when dh is home so i can leace my older kids home. Jenna and I do the shoppig!

July 6th, 2011, 10:35 PM
Countrymom4's Avatar Chrystal
How often do you go out with your LO? Everyday
Do you tend to try and schedule trips to the store and such for when either you or DH/SO can stay home with the baby? Usually DH and I are running different directions, so this is very rare.
How is your LO when you are out? I have always joked that he had no choice but to be good(the youngest of 4). But he really is very good.

Thank You tasha_mae

July 7th, 2011, 05:16 AM
~Constance~
Wow, I'm definitely the odd one out. I don't take my kids out with me as a rule. I shop only once or twice a month, in the evenings or early on a weekend morning. Sometimes I take one of the older kids with me if they're up and ready. Fairfax has been to the store less than a dozen times. She's been to a party once. She's been to a park twice. We went away for the weekend three times. She's been out to lunch twice(and once was with Kim!)
We do play outside in our backyard everyday though. And we visit my mother once a week.
I don't like the distraction of keeping kids entertained and safe in public places(I'm very afraid of abductors)while trying to do other tasks.
My DH doesn't take the kids to work with him and I don't take the kids to work with me.
Fairfax is wonderful when we are out though. I always wonder how she'll handle those experiences because she doesn't have as many of them as other babies. But she's always a sweetie and very fascinated by whatever she sees.
I remember what a drag it was going shopping as a kid. It didn't get interesting until around age 10 when I started to like clothes and was given more responsibility with helping at the grocery store. My kids will go with me when they get that age whether they like it or not. Learning to be a savvy shopper is a crucial life skill but I don't want to bore them to death with the idea now when they're too young.
July 7th, 2011, 07:56 AM
ardisbaby's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I almost always take Celia with me. Like many of you said, she's better when we are out! The only hard part for her is the car ride. If we have a long drive I always schedule leaving around a bottle or a nap, otherwise it won't take long before she is mad that she can't get out of the seat!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search