Non traditional crawler

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 6th, 2011, 04:02 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Anyone have a non traditional crawler or non mover or is Teresa the only one?

(Not worried, just curious )
July 6th, 2011, 04:23 PM
WomanInTheMoon's Avatar Courtney
not crawling here. He won't sit if he's completely prone. He will kind of spin around on the floor and eventually get there. I'm sort of worried. He does make walking motions when he's being held up now. So, I feel good about that. I am worried about the lack of even attempting to crawl though.

July 6th, 2011, 04:46 PM
irish luck's Avatar *Callie*
Courtney, I bet he is just fine! I saw him walking with that box, so he can bare weight on his legs and can coordinate his movements.... i bet he is ok!

THANK YOU Jaidynsmum
FOR THE GREAT SIGGY!

Gavin Betsy
July 6th, 2011, 05:41 PM
amymgem's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Wren's crawl is a little funny too. She army crawled for about 2 months and just started getting off her stomach a few weeks ago. Sometimes it's "traditional," and other times it's a bear crawl which makes me think she could try to start walking soon. Who knows though? Seems like these babies like to do things their way!

Courtney-I'm sure he's fine. I think there are a good handful of babies on the board who aren't crawling yet either. Seems like we just hear about the ones who are .

July 7th, 2011, 07:22 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Teresa gets one knee in the correct position for crawling, but then her other leg is bent in, under her. (I just tried to get a picture, but wen she sees the camera she sits back down and claps for me. Silly girl!) She'll get it out sometimes, but then slides down onto her belly usually. I wonder if our floors have made a difference-she seems to get on her knees better upstairs on the carpet.

She has gotten up onto her toes while her hands are on the floor a few times, but doesn't move them.
July 7th, 2011, 07:36 AM
Canadianne
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Kris~ View Post
Teresa gets one knee in the correct position for crawling, but then her other leg is bent in, under her. (I just tried to get a picture, but wen she sees the camera she sits back down and claps for me. Silly girl!) She'll get it out sometimes, but then slides down onto her belly usually. I wonder if our floors have made a difference-she seems to get on her knees better upstairs on the carpet.

She has gotten up onto her toes while her hands are on the floor a few times, but doesn't move them.
We just moved past this stage this week. He could never get that one leg out from underneath him! Now that he has figured out that he can crawl he still defaults to the army crawl about 85% of the time.

ETA: Courtney, if Ryker is doing the walking motions I think he is right on track. Beckett is no where near even attempting to walk so he is working on his crawling. Maybe Ryker is going to skip crawling altogether?

Last edited by Canadianne; July 7th, 2011 at 07:38 AM.
July 7th, 2011, 07:47 AM
alethia's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Kaylee is a half crawl half scoot .. she's no longer just moving forward in the splits position at least she does the crawling motion with one leg and has the other under her too.

* A lot of babies don't crawl - they either scoot, or cruise on furniture and/or go straight to walking. (DS was that way)

Quote:
Originally Posted by irish luck View Post
Courtney, I bet he is just fine! I saw him walking with that box, so he can bare weight on his legs and can coordinate his movements.... i bet he is ok!

I agree with this too! I think he may just go to walking! He was great at it!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search