Toilet Training - Potty Recommendation

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

View Poll Results: Have you started Potting Training
No not yet. 6 19.35%
No but I am thinking about it. 5 16.13%
No that will be a long time till we start. 19 61.29%
Yes we started. 1 3.23%
Voters: 31. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 23rd, 2011, 06:20 AM
Celine's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Thanks girls for all your input. I think I will save myself a lot of stress and time by waiting w/ the potty training. I wanted to tell you that I got the idea from a couple of friends that are also first time mommies. The one has started w/ her baby 3 months ago and asked her pediatrician about it. The Dr told her to read more to the baby instead of wasting time w/ potty training. But she is still trying anyways. The other mom is doing the baby signing w/ her baby. She seems very confident.

I think I just have these grand ideas for Sophia that seem unrealistic. I need to learn to go w/ the flow w/ her. Thanks girls. You are really smart.
July 23rd, 2011, 06:30 AM
inyourhonor's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Baby Signing I can definitely see.

Hey, as a first time parent once, I can say I had those grand ideas for my oldest. I started doing things before he was ready and it was a big frustration on my end and his. Mine because he wouldn't do it and his because I was trying to get him to do something he wasn't ready for. I realized it's on his terms. I can help, I won't push though. As I had my 2nd baby, I mellowed out a lot in doing things. And with Bishop being my 3rd, thigns that would have made me panic with my first (um, like letting him learnt o make a mess with food) I don't care about now. I had to find my groove.

Don't feel bad at all, I honestly hope that you don't! Being a first time mom is hard, because we want everything perfect and honestly our LO's are perfect She may be ready in a few months, you never know! Kids are so different its hard to judge one by another. Like your friends Dr said, I would read to her more, play patty cake (bishop loves this) and just have fun. It took me a long time to figure the fun part out
July 24th, 2011, 06:18 PM
Trish36's Avatar Mom of 4
I totally agree with Marisa. I was the same with my first and now...eh...just go with the flow. You kind of learn that you really have to follow your baby's schedule and not force things just because you want them to happen. Potty trainig is HARD. I would rather give birth and deal with sleepless nights 10x over if I could just fast forward this whole potty training stage. And it so depends on the child. Some are really easy and quick to train and others are more difficult....like my Isabelle who has been sent to punish me for something.

Seriously don't feel foolish or bad for thinking that you can start the process now. Maybe your DD will be ready, you never know. Give it a try and see what happens and if she's not getting it, wait and try again in a few months.

Project 365 - 2012: http://trisha2012.wordpress.com/

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my gorgeous siggy!

July 25th, 2011, 12:01 AM
psbpb's Avatar Veteran
normally I would not even try but Cannon is so predictable that within 10 min of being up he is ready to use the potty. He is even communicating with me... doing a little "click click" sound with his tongue letting me know he has to go "caa-caa". We have been going strong for the last three weeks going every morning in the big potty.... although, I'm not jumping for joy yet because I know it can all change but I'll roll with it while I can
July 26th, 2011, 10:56 AM
*~*SnowHibiscus*~*'s Avatar I ♥ my girls!
We will wait until she shows interest. We will introduce her to the potty and encourage her to use it when she's 2 but then she will decide when to start using it.

I don't feel like I potty trained Kayla. We had encouraged, asked, etc. and then she just woke up one day saying she wanted to go potty and wear panties. And that was that. We had accidents here and there and pooping on the potty/night time training took longer but we let her set the pace. We didn't do any of the putting her on the potty every 30 mins or anything like that.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search