Beyond frustrated!

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 26th, 2011, 02:06 PM
nevergivingup's Avatar Mommy to Boys!
I just don't know what to do about Aidyen and his fit throwing! I am just beyond frustrated now. If I take something away, if I say no, if I don't let him do whatever he wants he will scream bloody murder, kick, throw himself down and flail around!! He does it alot in public also, and its so embarrassing...people will just stare and I know what they are thinking because I think the same thing when I see kids doing the same thing. I mean he is only 1 but there has got to be something I can do. When I am nursing him he will kick me in the face in the other boob, he will slap my face and if I hold his hand so he can't he starts screaming, its getting to be to the point where I dread nursing him. When its time for a nap or bed he doesn't do it as much while nursing, but during the day he will want to nurse for like 20 seconds, pop on and pop off, get down play for a minute then scream and whine to nurse again I am so stressed and tired and don't know what to do...spanking is not an option as we don't spank our kids, not judging those who do, but it just doesn't work for us and besides he is too young for that. Any thoughts? advice? Am I the only one with a child like this??
Aidyen Quest-15 months
TTC our 3rd miracle

July 26th, 2011, 02:48 PM
KaiX2Momma
Kaileigh is the exact same way. It's beyond aggravating! It's just gotten "bad" the last few weeks but she is throwing tantrums like a 3 yr old!! Oh, and her scream is the worst mean scream I've ever heard.

No idea what to do. I wont spank at such a young age. I just try to be very stern when saying no, and Ive walked out of the room so she knows Im not staying to even watch her throw a fit.

Also if she has something that she shouldnt, I take it, she throws a fit and I give her something she can play with it. It doesnt always help but sometimes it does.

I hope we're not the only ones that are having tantrums this bad.
July 26th, 2011, 03:11 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Sign me up on the tantrum bandwagon as well. OMG. Sydney flails, screams, whines .. you name it. She's even attempted to bite me. I'm at a loss. I don't know what to do to correct her. She'll even throw tantrums when I'm trying to give her a treat (a freezie for example). She'll scream and throw her body back if I don't give it to her quick enough. Completely ruins the experience as "fun". Hey, have a freezie..and scream during the entire time you are enjoying it.

I'll take any advice as well. I've tried "no". Redirecting. Giving her toys, etc.
July 26th, 2011, 05:38 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Me four. I swear that we're seeing the start of the terrible twos over here as well. Most of our tantrums happen in the crib and last for 10 minutes before every nap. They started when I stopped giving her a bottle in my lap before every nap time. And they are brutal. That scream - well with Maggie it sounds like someone has just stabbed her and she's screaming for help. And because she can say words, she screams for "Daddy" like he's going to be able to fix this and show mommy who's boss.

This morning we weren't even out of bed when the screaming started. So I put her back in her crib (made it worse) and went on about my business of brushing my teeth and doing the getting ready stuff. Finally I went to the door and asked her (like she could answer, never mind understand me) if she was done. I tried to pick her up when she calmed down, but those intervals were so few and far between I didn't even have time to bend over and pick her up. I had to leave the room again.

I don't know what else to do either. My game plan is to be consistent here. She has both our tempers, and my long fuse. And I can see in her eyes that all of this is already about trying to press limits and assert independence. I'm open to any other suggestions too. Talk about the ultimate frustrations.

Sorry it's not better advice. But hopefully our comiseration is reassuring.

Check out my BLOGS
Making Lemonade
MonkeyPieForTheWin

July 26th, 2011, 05:55 PM
Jule'sMomInOR's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
You're definitely not alone. As far as taking things away, I think it's good to have a distraction whenever possible, such as another item to offer. Sometimes for us it's just telling the dog to chase her tale, which Juliana thinks is hilarious, so that will cut any temper tantrum short.

In terms of nursing, I've got no solution. I'm going through the same thing. I try to say "gentle touches" and take the hand which is hitting or pinching me and show her how to gently pat me. It hasn't sunk in yet.

Maybe you should try to post your question on the AP board. Actually, someone recently posted about hitting and got some good advice.

July 26th, 2011, 06:06 PM
sfarrow3's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yeah over her too! But to be honest my 4 year olds are worst so I can deal with hers which to me is a walk in the park! He really doesn't throw them too often it's just that mouth of his and his bad attitude! So Londons behavior gets over shadowed by her Big brother!

Btw I just normally say a stern no and re-direct.

Last edited by sfarrow3; July 26th, 2011 at 06:15 PM.
July 26th, 2011, 07:12 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I have a major problem running errands. Now that she can walk, she ONLY wants to walk. Ergo carrier, stroller, shopping cart...none of those do. And of course she doesn't follow, she wanders off and picks up every bit of trash there is.

I was one of those extremely anti-leash people but now all I want to do is get her a leash.
July 26th, 2011, 07:12 PM
Mega Super Mommy
When taking something, we always grab the nearest toy or what-have-ya and give it to her, right before asking for or yanking it from her.

As far as punching and kicking during nursing, I haven't any advice. She's usually pretty good about laying still, but sometimes likes to nurse bent over with her rump in the air, or drops down and dangles. She also has a hearty laugh over tweaking me post-meal.

I hope you find something that works for you!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search