I feel so horrible

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 27th, 2011, 09:56 PM
krsnow's Avatar Super Mommy
Last night my LO woke around 2am & I couldn't get him back to sleep. He has had night waking issues for a while and will only go to sleep if I rock him. I have been following the no cry sleep solution book and things have gotten a lot better, but still not fixed. Last night he kept crying when I would try to put him in his crib so I decided to let him CIO (which I have only done twice in the past and it never works out well). He cried 15 minutes then went to sleep. I thought "great" then 45 min later he woke again crying. I rocked him, checked his diaper etc. and once again couldn't get him back to sleep. I let him CIO again, this them he cried for 45 min then finally fell asleep. I didn't want to go in and check on him in fear that he would hear the floor creek and wake up again. So I left him until morning. At 7:00 when he woke, I found lots of poop, and it appeared to have been there for a while. I felt so horrible, he must have had a dirty diaper for about 3 hours. Maybe he had a tummy ache and was trying to tell me. But how am I supposed to know??? Most nights he STTN but a couple of times a week he will wakes and I have to rock him. All day I have been feeling like he isn't going to trust me anymore. He was extra cranky all day today and very clingy. I am just really getting tired of the night wakings and was fed up with the thought of having to be awake for hrs trying to rock him so I gave up and tried CIO. Never again, and I'm so sick of people telling me "you have to let him cry".

July 27th, 2011, 10:22 PM
~*~AIMEE~*~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Awww! It's O.K., don't beat yourself up about it. He still trusts you, I'm sure the crankiness means he still has some tummy troubles or is teething or something. He won't hold it against you, and you DO need some sleep.
July 28th, 2011, 05:03 AM
sunshyne57's Avatar ~Angela~
The GREAT thing about kids is that they are so forgiving and hold no grudges

Don't beat yourself up about it. These things happen sometimes. Hopefully he's not getting sick. Alivia wakes up too most nights too (last night she didn't!), and she won't go back to sleep unless I bring her to bed with us. Not a habit that I really want to get into, but I love the cuddles as much as she does, so I'll roll with it for now!

I hope you both get a better nights sleep tonight!
July 28th, 2011, 06:33 AM
mommydiva's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
*hugs*

Kids don't hold grudges so try not to beat yourself up. Although I know its hard not to.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search