August fitness!

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 1st, 2011, 07:38 AM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
How is everyone doing with their fitness goals?

I ran my 5k in July, but slacked for a few weeks. Today was the start of my boot camp program I joined for the next three weeks. We meet at a local park at 5:30 am three days a week for cardio drills, hand weights, and abs. It was hard work, but I am excited to be back to regular workouts
August 1st, 2011, 10:07 AM
Brannyt's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Whoo hoo for your 5k! I saw that on FB Great job!

I've been running 5 days a week since March, and have my 10k coming up on Saturday. I'm getting SOOOOO nervous about it.

I'm trying to get ready for a half marathon in October, right before DH comes home, but some days I think to myself "What am I doing?!" I hope I can get my frame of mind going in a more positive direction!

LOVE my siggy, thank you Meganpixel!!!!!!
August 2nd, 2011, 04:52 PM
Good luck Saturday! I'm sure you'll do great. I am impressed that you are doing a half marathon. 5k is about all I can handle for now
August 10th, 2011, 06:26 AM
Just saw this! Thanks Courtney! Did well at my race, but I have been having a sore leg/knee the past week, so I'm trying to work through that now.

How are you doing? Planning any more 5k's?

August 16th, 2011, 08:38 AM
What was your time? Leg and knee pain sucks. I was having pain behind my knee cap and my trainer suggested that maybe my quads were tightening up during my runs. I iced my knee before running and that made a huge difference. It eventually stopped hurting completely as I got more used to running.

I'm starting the next session of Couch to 5k in 2 weeks. The 5k for that is set for November 5th, but I think I'm going to run with a friend for the Race for the Cure 5k in October. Since doing the boot camp these last few weeks, I've slacked on my running.
August 19th, 2011, 09:36 AM
My time was 48:57

I'm still sore, but I think I might have to go get it checked out. The first few miles of my runs are really uncomfortable. I've never experienced this before, so I'm thinking it's not normal :/

Race for the Cure is always fun! And I know how easy it is to not run when you don't have someone doing it with you. I've been training alone, and I'm starting to feel unmotivated. I have under 2 months until my half-marathon, so this feeling better go away!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search