Jenna's TTC journey...

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 4th, 2011, 08:45 AM
JennaBee's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yup, we're getting ready to have another baby. I want to keep a record of this time, the preparation and the planning of our next blessing. I want to embrace this experience whole heartedly and want to share it with those I love. By keeping a journal I hope to be able to feel reminded of just how far we have come, all we have been through, and how blessed we really are. I hope my excitement will become contagious to all

, ,,,,,,
August 4th, 2011, 08:50 AM
KimberlyAnn327's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
So excited for you!

August 4th, 2011, 02:45 PM
Memi's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
So stinkin' proud of you girlfriend!!!!

I look forward to stalking you next year

August 4th, 2011, 04:50 PM
Thank you all so much for your support!! I <3 u!! So to start we met with my OB/MFM/Endocrinologist team. I saw them a few months ago so I wasn't expecting much. Then the OB asks since we had all the Mirena issues if we "planned on another form of birth control or would like to TTC soon." My jaw hit the floor. "soon?" I had no idea such an option existed! So after nearly an hour discussion they explained my Labs were PERFECT! No keytones, no elevated cells no NOTHING. Picture perfect lab work. But I was worried about my Diabetes. I've been SUPER religious about my monitoring and diet so I was proud of my A1C (measure of sugars over 3 months) last time of just over 7 They dropped the awesome bomb by telling me it was 6.4!!! I couldn't even believe it!!! The bewildering conversation continued with my MFM explaining how if I keep up this awesomeness she sees NO reason why we can't TTC in 6 months or so!!! She even went along to say if we have troubles conceiving she will help us out!! <3 They have now implemented a new diet plan to help support conception OBVIOUSLY if ANYTHING changes we would put TTC on hold but this is just such awesome awesome news

As if it couldn't get more exciting .... They noted how I still do not have a "regular cycle". (haven't had AF since the twins) Part of it is from BFing. Although we are on solids etc. Paige still nurses 2-3 times a day and well a lot a night So my OB explained that if we were serious about TTC in 6 months or so she would like to see how my body (ie sugars) react while I'm ovulating/menstruating. This would be the real indicator on how well my body could handle a pregnancy. (If it can't handle AF it obviously wouldn't handle a baby) I am not ready to wean so she said a great gentle SAFE way to induce a cycle is with the mini pill. It's safe and wont affect my milk. She gave me a prescription for the Mini pill (progesterone only) that I will take at the same time every night for 7 days. After the last pill I should see a cycle start within 2 weeks. It wont be a "real" cycle but should jump start everything. During this time I will be temping/OPKing to track Ovulation and of course using other birth control Condoms etc. I can't wait to take my first pill tomorrow and get going on this awesome adventure

, ,,,,,,
August 4th, 2011, 07:14 PM
KimberlyAnn327's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
That is such exciting news Jenna. I hope things go smoothly for you and that you conceive quickly when you do start ttc.

August 4th, 2011, 07:18 PM
redbirds's Avatar Blessed Again!
YAy!!! I was on the mini pill while nursing Kensley, but I was on the whole month. It's a low dose progesterone, so you shouldn't have bad se's. I don't think I had any, if I remember.

Enjoy the charting! It can lead to big obsession Have you tried fertility friend in the past? They have a free version that you can use to chart everything you need I love it! FX!!!

Hat's off to Vicki for my cute siggy, thank you!
August 5th, 2011, 11:39 AM
Yes! I am starting a new page as soon as AF arrives I used it with Paige because we did BBT and OPKs the whole shebang. I agree, obsession can occur. But it also gives me something to look forward to And the more information I can get about my body and how it's acting etc. the better educated decision we can make with TTC ing

, ,,,,,,
August 5th, 2011, 05:08 PM
irish luck's Avatar *Callie*
So exciting Jenna!!!!! Can't wait to hear how everything goes!!!! Thanks for letting us share in this adventure with you

THANK YOU Jaidynsmum
FOR THE GREAT SIGGY!

Gavin Betsy
August 5th, 2011, 08:58 PM
Day1: Mini pill! <3 I will not deny I had an overwhelming sense of giddy taking out that first pill. A new chapter in our lives is about to begin and I just can't wait to see where this journey leads us <3

, ,,,,,,
August 9th, 2011, 09:04 AM
I am already feeling a lot better. I don't know if it's the excitement but I'm so much less "high alert" a lot more mellow, I can take a deep breath again. Friday will mark the real wait tho. The withdrawal bleeding *should* start 3-7 days after but I was told it can be up to 2 weeks. (longest TWW ever!) Then starts the period tracking. The only cycle I could find charted was the cycle I conceived Paige which I Od cd 26 (yea late i know!) However since I had SO few cycles off of bcps it's anyones guess how my cycles will go. I know this could all be a big bust because I am still BFing. Paige nurses 3-4 times a day. More often at night. I know that BFing can hinder my O/cycles so it may not be until she is fully weaned that AF truly returns but she is far from it so I'm keeping my fingers crossed the mini pill works I am super excited to see how this will all evolve.

, ,,,,,,

Last edited by JennaBee; August 15th, 2011 at 06:54 AM.
August 15th, 2011, 07:04 AM
It's been 4 days off my mini-pill and still nothing. Not a spot or twinge I know the mini pill was a long shot especially since Paige is still comfort suckling at night. She''s not really "nursing" I'm just a human bink, but I wont deny I"m pretty disappointed I didn't get a bleed. It's horrible to say but "gettng" pregnant always came very easy to us, (even when we weren't trying!) So this waiting hoping watching bit is more challenging than I expected I have a prescription of Progesterone 10mg and Clomid 50mg starring me down from the cabinet but we have decided to wait until September 1st to start them.

I've never had "normal" cycles. Got my first AF at age 14 and went on BCPs at 15 from HORRIFIC cramping. I would crawl in bed with my mom and just cry. I took them religiously and conceived Evie while on them! After Evie I was either BFing or pregnant. I only had 2 cycles between Evie and Paige and they were almost 40 days!! The cycle I conceived Paige I did OPKs and BBTs and I Od on CD 25!! So I'm at least hoping Clomid on days 3-7 may help me shorten those cycles a bit.

But on the homefront all is well. My diet is more than manageable and oddly allows more room for extras compared to the old one. My sugars are staying great. I started having some variables in the morning with my fasting sugars so we did a few small insulin corrections and it is back to perfect. We are not going to "TTC" this cycle but rather use it to see where things lay and how my sugars react. As much as I would love to TTC and get preggo I want to make CERTAIN I am providing the BEST POSSIBLE environment for bubs to grow. I want to make every possible effort to make this next pregnancy a successful one so I'm going to use it to chart and fine tune everything. Our goal is to be actively TTCing around Christmas

, ,,,,,,
August 15th, 2011, 04:53 PM
Sounds like you are really doing an awesome job in preparing yourself for your next STICKY pregnancy! Don't worry about the mini pill just yet... the progesterone level isn't strong, so it may take longer than 4 days for your body to rework itself back to AF.

I took BCP in Nov (not mini-pill, but they were low dose) and while it usually took to the 4th day to get AF after the last pill, that time it took nearly 6 days! But I got preggo with Kellen that next cycle, so it was all good

Have you been checked for endo with all that pain? I hope you don't have it, but I hear that's one indicator.

If you do take clomid you want to get a couple things checked... 1. Estradiol and FSHlevels at CD3, just to give you an idea how things are as a baseline... 2. Estradiol and FSH levels at cd 10 to see how your body is responding to the meds...

Taking them from cd 3-7 will more likely bring your O in closer When you DO confirm O, you may want to see if your doc will automatically put you on prometrium starting about 2 or 3 dpo, just in case... I was on it with Kellen (400 mg daily) even though I had no previous m/c or issues, but it's precautionary when taking meds. You'd take it til about 10 or 12 weeks along.

I don't know if you'd like to try some supplements while you are waiting, but here are some things known to help boost egg quality:

400 iu Vit E
1000 mg vit C
prenatals
50 iu (I can't remember if it's mcg or mg) of Vit B6
Omegas 3, 6, 9

I also take a few other things, so if you want to know the rest, let me know... I take them because I'm older and I want to try to boost egg quality as best I can. I think rule of thumb is it takes 3 months for all this to begin impacting eggs (so my current eggs in these follies I have today are now working off the supplements I took 3 months ago)

August 16th, 2011, 07:02 PM
omg thank you!! i want to learn as much as possible!!!!!!! ty ty ty ty!!!!

as for today another day another wait, no change. might brewing a bug tho got a tummy ache

, ,,,,,,
August 16th, 2011, 08:38 PM
Here's some more thoughts for ya

I think you mentioned you are diabetic, or insulin resistant? I am neither, but overweight, so I do this, too:

1000 mg cinnamon daily
Alpha Lipoic Acid (can't remember the dose, I just follow the bottle directions)

These are supposed to be SUPER at regulating insulin and the ALA is considered to be nature's form of metforim (or metformin...) which is given to PCOS gals and others who have insulin resistance but aren't diabetic quite yet.

Let's see...

I also do (as does DH) 1000 mg of L-Arginine. It helps both sperm and egg quality.

I've also included 650 mg of Tribulus. Studies have shown that women who are on meds (clomid, injects, whatever...) for fertility have a statistically higher pregnancy rate (and they count pregnancy to be a healthy term) than those who are on the meds alone. I figured, why not! So, I take that too. It's an herb. I still don't remember all about it, but I love studies and science behind these things.

DH takes a rockin' multivitamin, and supplements with D3 and the L-Arginine, and L-Carnitine (can't remember the dose). His vitamin has selenium and zinc and C, which are all needed for sperm health... so yes, I make my DH take his vits DAILY!!! He's super about it, though, on his own

I think this is it for me

I've also tried Vitex, but it really did nothing for me. I've also tried royal jelly, with no major changes or impact, so I don't do that this time around either. I've heard Maca Root is supposed to be wonderful, but I've also read some negative reviews somewhere, so I never tried it.

August 18th, 2011, 07:37 AM
Thanks so much hun!!!! I already take the 1000 mg cinnamon and Alpha Lipoic Acid it's part of my Diabetes supplement packet. yes I am type 1 DH takes a multi but I'll have to check what's in it

I'm starting to think the 'mini pill' was too 'mini' to do anything. Day 8 off of it and still not even a twinge or spot. I dunno... I think we'll just have to wait till September 1st and bust out the 10mg progesterone. I'm TRYING to wean Paige but omg that girl loves her boobies. I'm taking a night class that starts in 2 weeks where DH will have the girls from 3pm-11pm two nights a week. I am hoping that once we start that and she has the opportunity to take more bottles she will be a little more willing to wean.

, ,,,,,,
August 20th, 2011, 06:48 PM
looks like the mini pill was a bust. Hopefully the progesterone 10mg works...

, ,,,,,,
August 20th, 2011, 07:38 PM
I bet the 10 mg will work. I know they use it when getting folks ready for the cycle before IVF, so they can go on all their meds to down their ovaries (basically, so they can get AF so they can get going!) FX!

August 22nd, 2011, 09:16 PM
I think I need to read up more on the progesterone too now. I've heard that it can take a few days after the last pill to get the cycle going, so how long is too long to wait and say it didn't work... is there a chance it wont work?. Ugh. so many questions!!!!

, ,,,,,,
August 25th, 2011, 11:33 AM
Gwynne do you take the supplements on top of the prenatals?

, ,,,,,,
August 25th, 2011, 01:32 PM
Yep! I take a freaking HUGE handful of pills every day. I don't care. I just want to be healthy and know I boosted my chances as well as I could.

I just read an article (research, journal of Ovarian study I think) that noted that Vit E and L Arginine are super at luteal phase support and health. I think it was 6,000 mg of L-Arginine a day and I don't remember the vit E dose. I do both of those! They didn't talk about B-6, but if you are looking for something else to help blood flow to the uterus, that was studied and those were noted as being effective.

I found it, here's the abstract, if you like reading this stuff like I do, the entire article is available through the link in their abstract, I think. I found it just by searching other things about progesterone and luteal support:

Journal of Ovarian Research 2009, 2:1 doi:10.1186/1757-2215-2-1

The electronic version of this article is the complete one and can be found online at: Journal of Ovarian Research | Full text | Luteal blood flow and luteal function

Received: 8 December 2008
Accepted: 14 January 2009
Published: 14 January 2009

© 2009 Takasaki et al; licensee BioMed Central Ltd.
This is an Open Access article distributed under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution License (Creative Commons &mdash; Attribution 2.0 Generic &mdash; CC BY 2.0), which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Abstract

Background
Blood flow in the corpus luteum (CL) is associated with luteal function. The present study was undertaken to investigate whether luteal function can be improved by increasing CL blood flow in women with luteal phase defect (LFD).

Methods
Blood flow impedance in the CL was measured by transvaginal color-pulsed-Doppler-ultrasonography and was expressed as a resistance index (RI). The patients with both LFD [serum progesterone (P) concentrations < 10 ng/ml during mid-luteal phase] and high CL-RI (≥ 0.51) were given vitamin-E (600 mg/day, n = 18), L-arginine (6 g/day, n = 14) as a potential nitric oxide donor, melatonin (3 mg/day, n = 13) as an antioxidant, or HCG (2,000 IU/day, n = 10) during the subsequent menstrual cycle.

Results
In the control group (n = 11), who received no medication to increase CL blood flow, only one patient (9%) improved in CL-RI and 2 patients (18%) improved in serum P. Vitamin-E improved CL-RI in 15 patients (83%) and improved serum P in 12 patients (67%). L-arginine improved CL-RI in all the patients (100%) and improved serum P in 10 patients (71%). HCG improved CL-RI in all the patients (100%) and improved serum P in 9 patients (90%). Melatonin had no significant effect.

Conclusion
Vitamin-E or L-arginine treatment improved luteal function by decreasing CL blood flow impedance. CL blood flow is a critical factor for luteal function.

I swear to God, if I knew all this 18 years ago, I would have been a pre-med major and studied (and turned into) and RE. It's so freaking interesting!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search