Workout routine

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 5th, 2011, 09:55 PM
taterm's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
What is your workout routine?

I just joined anytime fitness yesterday. So for now I am doing 20minutes on the eliptical and 10minutes on the bike. They are lower impact on my knees then the treadmill, but once I start losing some weight I am hoping my knees stop hurting so much. And then I can start back on the treadmill. I would like to be able to jog someday, but who knows if I will ever be able to do that.
I have the worst coordination EVER.

I also need to start doing pushups. My arms are the thing I hate most on my body. Dh says that is the only way to "whip" them into shape. I can't even do one. Not even a girl pushup.

*Thank you *Kiliki* for the beautiful siggy!
August 6th, 2011, 09:54 AM
ThaiSpice's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I started doing Lindsay Brin's postnatal bootcamp a couple of months ago. Its a DVD where you can mix and match different floor work (Pilates, yoga, core stuff) interval, cardio and strength training segments. Each segment is about 10 min. There's also a 12 week program with pre-built workouts that start at 18 minutes with warm up and cool down, and by the end are up to 38 minutes. It's getting a little old though. I'm ready to mix in some other things. This week I bought Wii zumba, and it's pretty intense. Right now, my goal is 40-45 min 3x per week.

Are you pumping for your little one? Planning to pump?
Have a question or need support? BTDT and have wisdom to share?
Join us in the Pumping Mommies board!

August 6th, 2011, 01:25 PM
peace.love.audrey's Avatar Twins? Pinch me!
I joined the gym like 3 or 4 weeks ago and I normally do 60 min of cardio 3 to 4 days a week. I do 15 on the bike to warm my legs up and then 45 on the treadmill. Somedays I get bored on the treadmill and I will only do it for 30 min then do the eliptical for 15. Today is the first day of my 90 mins of cardio. I did the bike for 15, treadmill (walk/run/walk/run) for 60 and the eliptical for 15. Ugh. I'm tired.

8.27.10 1.30.11 3.18.13
Don't believe in God? You're not alone!
August 8th, 2011, 05:19 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Living social had a special on a boot camp class so I go for my full body diagnostic tomorrow. Its 20 classes and I have to use them in 45 days so I am excited. I will also continue to walk and I joined the gym at my job but it doesn't open until August 22.

August 8th, 2011, 09:38 AM
Nicole1110's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I just joined the gym last week and my plan is to go 4 times a week. My plan right now is to do 30 mins on the treadmill and maybe 15-20 on the bike. I also want to start doing the circuit training machines to get my muscles building.

Major
August 9th, 2011, 06:45 PM
Super Mommy
I go to Gold's gym. The one thats closest to me is pretty small, but I like it. I go to an athletic conditioning class on Wednesday night, spin on Saturday morning and hit the treadmill/weights up on Mon and Fridays. I usually go when Michael is in bed and DH is home except for Saturday mornings. I do a lot of weights and cardio. THe atheletic conditioning class is really cool and I love the trainer. We do a lot of intervals and its very intense. I wish they had more classes since that is what I like the most and keeps me motivated.

Thanks Babydoll213 for the perfect siggy!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search