34 weeks and counting.... :)

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 6th, 2011, 09:17 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I had my 34 week appointment this week...I can't believe it! Everything is still looking good, baby is head down now I've been feeling kind of crampy lately. A few days ago I think I was def having some mild contractions and my doctor said that I probably was. Yikes! I did bring up the topic of induction (after 39 weeks, I'm just really stressing about th person who's coming to watch Rachel being a couple of hours away and would love to have a set day to have her be here...yes I'm a control freak) and he said after 39 weeks it's definitely an option if I haven't gone into labor by myself by then. But he then told me that he's on vacation the week after labor day, which would be th 39-40 week window!! Nooooooo!! I love my ob and really really want him to be the one to deliver my baby. So maybe this is a sign I need to just let nature take it's course and hopefully go into labor while he is here. Next appointment is my gbs test and he said he would check me then to see if these contractions are doing anything. I know it's crazy but I just really feel like I'm going to be early anyways...I just want to make it to septmber!

so I'm feeling fairly prepared...I have some last minute things to get still but nothing crazy, I've started freezing some meals and am going to be having a cleaning service come scrub my house since I just don't have the time on energy to do it. I think that's about it...poor kid barely has any clothes other than onsies...but everything is still summer right now and I know that for the first few months that's pretty much all Rachel wore anyways. Ok now I'm rambling...haha!
August 6th, 2011, 11:24 AM
Shea131's Avatar Peyton Rylee's Mommy!!
Wow I really can't believe you are 34 weeks already!!!! I hope your ob gets to deliver you!! Definitely keep these updates coming!

Thank you Quantum_Leap for my fabulous signature!!!
August 8th, 2011, 06:07 AM
CanadianLou's Avatar Laura - mom of 3
Wow, 34 weeks! Yeah we are/were lacking on the clothes too. I keep telling myself I *HAVE* to pack my hospital bag. Actually I think I'll do that today!

Are the contractions painful? I get some painful ones, but the BH have really ramped up the past week or 2. I get them quite regularly, actually getting one now!

Thank you Meganpixel for the most fantastic siggy!

August 8th, 2011, 07:53 AM
Kittynoah's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Wow! 34 weeks! Time has passed so quickly. That is wonderful that you are having a cleaning service come. I wish I could do that!

And no worries about the clothes. I have like 3 things for this baby and 2 of them are sleeping sacs!

I really hope your OB gets to deliver. I know that is important to me too.

August 9th, 2011, 03:02 AM
LisaBrown's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
OMGosh! I can't believe you're already 34 weeks! I can't wait to meet this little guy! I also don't think you need to worry too much about the clothes, we barely had anything when we had Didi because she was a surprise. We just went to BRU as soon as we were discharged and bought more stuff. Good thing too because we needed to buy preemie sizes for Didi's little 5lbs 5oz self when we left the hospital, so we would have had to go buy more, nothing we had would have fit.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search