I'm a bad mom because...

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 16th, 2011, 06:01 AM
STL_Beth's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I saw this on another board and thought it would be fun. This is not meant to offend other moms or to open ourselves up for debate, it's just for fun.

So finish the following:

I'm a bad mom because...

My Blog
August 16th, 2011, 07:07 AM
dmwinge's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to dmwinge
I'm a bad mom because...

I let Alek watch DVDs when we get home from daycare so I can make supper

Thank you Babydoll213 for the awesome siggy!
August 16th, 2011, 07:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmwinge View Post
I'm a bad mom because...

I let Alek watch DVDs when we get home from daycare so I can make supper
Oh and I wish that worked for us. Noah isn't big into TV or DVDs at all and he's really needy when we get home, so I usually end up holding him while cooking. I've become a pro at only using one hand.

My Blog
August 16th, 2011, 10:12 AM
dmwinge's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to dmwinge
Alek's favorite DVDs are anything with Elmo, the Shrek movies and anything with the Muppets. He loves Animal on the muppets. lol

Thank you Babydoll213 for the awesome siggy!
August 16th, 2011, 11:26 AM
~LaNa~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm bad mother because I let Kalina watch tv nonstop.I mean the tv is on on her baby channel .She doesn't always watch tho,but she likes to hear it while playing with her toys or even napping
August 16th, 2011, 11:55 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I'll keep the TV theme here =)

I'm a bad mom because I let Austin watch DVDs or Netflix while he's eating.

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy!

August 16th, 2011, 12:05 PM
phantomsgrl11's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm a bad mom because I leave the TV on all day for him as well when he's in his playroom. Even if we are in there reading a book or playing together he likes hearing it. LOL

Also I'm a bad mom because when I need to do something and he is fussy and I know he doesn't *need* anything - I hand him one of his slow melt popsicles. They are so adorable - not larger than 2.5 inches and just enough to keep him happy for a bit. Since they have gelatin in them thus making them slow melt there is never any issue with clean up because he finishes it before it melts. It works EVERYTIME. LOL

August 16th, 2011, 12:18 PM
What are these slow melt popsicles - Noah would love one of those.

I guess I'm a bad mom since I leave the TV on any time we are home. I guess it's a bad habit but I like the background noise and most of the time it's the news or the baseball game. But I will tell you that Noah loves him some Wheel of Fortune.

My Blog
August 16th, 2011, 01:16 PM
bookworm16_2000's Avatar Mom to Allison and JR
I do the tv on for background noise most of the day too. But Allison really likes to watch her DVD's in the mornings.

Thanks to Claire1979 for the terrific siggy!

My Blog
August 16th, 2011, 02:36 PM
mamaperry's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~LaNa~ View Post
I'm bad mother because I let Kalina watch tv nonstop.I mean the tv is on on her baby channel .She doesn't always watch tho,but she likes to hear it while playing with her toys or even napping
Lil Lee too, at this point it won't change or I will get no peace in my house.

August 16th, 2011, 03:34 PM
jennybunny82's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm a bad mom because... Well besides the TV being on all day... Ryan has eaten nothing but restaurant or fast food for the past month and probably the next month.

August 16th, 2011, 07:03 PM
phantomsgrl11's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by STL_Beth View Post
What are these slow melt popsicles - Noah would love one of those.

I guess I'm a bad mom since I leave the TV on any time we are home. I guess it's a bad habit but I like the background noise and most of the time it's the news or the baseball game. But I will tell you that Noah loves him some Wheel of Fortune.
Popsicle products for your freezer

We get the dora ones and the mighty minis. The mighty mini's I prefer because they are so small and its more like just a little treat than a big mess. LOL It's 40 calories for 3 of them!

August 16th, 2011, 10:44 PM
Super Mommy
I'm with you guys on the TV. If DH is home its on sports, otherwise we flip between cartoons and things I want to watch. As soon as he wakes up in the morning he is asking for Pingu (its a claymation penguin). I used to resist. I gave up on it. It gives me time to wake up in the morning

If I am tired and don't feel like doing anything I will hit the drive through on the way home and Chris gets chicken nuggets and fries. I limit his sweet stuff, but completely cave on the fast food.
August 17th, 2011, 05:58 AM
Jenny - I know what you mean about eating out. I'm usually too tired or sick to cook, so we've been eating out a lot lately too. Trying to avoid fast food and a lot of places do serve healthy kid's food, but a lot don't.

My Blog
August 17th, 2011, 10:27 AM
*AngieKH*'s Avatar Mom of 4
Cartoons are on here a lot. My kids love the music and Gracie's learned a lot from the shows. Eli now answers them when they ask questions and it's just so cute! Eli's favorite is the Jungle Book movie.

My kids don't eat a lot of variety of foods, Gracie's super picky and I'm bad about eating a lot of the same things so I have a hard time giving Eli a lot of different things. He still doesn't have a lot of teeth for chewing either.

August 17th, 2011, 10:11 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Love-My-Cub View Post
I'm with you guys on the TV. If DH is home its on sports, otherwise we flip between cartoons and things I want to watch. As soon as he wakes up in the morning he is asking for Pingu (its a claymation penguin). I used to resist. I gave up on it. It gives me time to wake up in the morning

If I am tired and don't feel like doing anything I will hit the drive through on the way home and Chris gets chicken nuggets and fries. I limit his sweet stuff, but completely cave on the fast food.

Isn't that Pingu cartoon crazy? Austin likes it, too. And he also likes chicken nuggets and fries. Aaron will eat almost two bags of apples, but Austin is more a meat and potatoes guy =)

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy!

August 18th, 2011, 12:36 AM
Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by eyekayak View Post
Isn't that Pingu cartoon crazy? Austin likes it, too. And he also likes chicken nuggets and fries. Aaron will eat almost two bags of apples, but Austin is more a meat and potatoes guy =)
lol! I used to think it was so stupid. Then after watching a few, they are actually pretty funny. Have you seen the 'dream' one where the bed walks and the sea lion comes up? That is the first one Chris reacted 2 when he was like 6 months old. The bed made him laugh but the sea lion scared him. Still does. And the bowling one, he laughed hysterically everytime the ball hit the pins.

Chris is also a meat and potato kinda guy. After trying for months he finally ate an actual strawberry. Loves Strawberry applesause, purees just not the real deal. It finally worked!

And I'm with you Angie. I am bad about giving Chris a good variety of things. I am such a picky eater that I have trouble thinking outside my diet for him to try things. But when I do, he usually surprises me
August 21st, 2011, 10:20 AM
KiwiMommy's Avatar Ashlynn's Mama
I'm a bad mom because I totally gave up on getting Ashlynn to drink water. She refuses, so she only drinks juice and breastmilk. And when we don't have 100% juice, she has powdered juice mixes.
I also let her have sweets too much. If her Aunties have a pop pop (lollipop, but she calls it a pop pop), I let her have one or she will whine, scream, and throw a fit for their pops. And I don't feel like dealing with the screaming, so whatever they get she also gets.

Thank you peimum for the gorgeous siggy!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search