Welcome to my roller coaster....STILL

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 19th, 2011, 12:08 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Seems like it's all never going to end that things are still going to be crazy and there will be no breaks! We had the meeting about my MIL at her Rehabilitation place where she has been for 2 months now. They tell us she is massively depressed to the point that it has set her backwards starting about 2 weeks ago and they think the cause of her falls (she fell 2 times once from her Chair and once when she was going from the washroom to her bed (she was doing walking in small distances) and that they thought it was in her best interest to move back to the hospital that she was in before she came there because she needed a psychologist to help her out and get her on the proper meds to help her and they don't have that until the middle of Sept. They also told us her kidneys are in trouble again (problems she has had before all this stuff went on in Dec) but when they manage to get her to eat a bit and drink atleast 2 liters of fluid they are ok if not she goes into kidney failure which is often right now. So we manage to get them to give her 4 days to see if she will improve and all of a sudden MIL tells us yesterday that not only is she staying there but she is coming HOME on the 19th of Sept!! We were like *** it comes from she is bad and having to work on walking and balance again and it being a min of 3-5 weeks for that and how things were bad to this. Not to mention she is so loopy and out of it. We are not equipped to deal with her needs right now and we can not take care of her the way she is we are freaking out because any time we mention that she may have to go into assisted living or a home she flips out and basically tries to guilt us (esp DH) by saying she will DIE if she doesn't get to come home. We will see all that happens there we are going to talk to her nurses on the weekend. My FIL had his amputation two weeks ago today and we have been dealing with that too which has been hard too. They took everything 3 inches past his knee area so he has been out of it for a few weeks now and is just starting to come out of sedation finally and even took his first few steps in a sling. The only problem is that he is in congestive heart failure (has a history of that) we are facing the pos of both of them being in assisted living or a nursing home and things being in Limbo for DH and I for months before we know what we are doing (we share a house we have the downstairs they have the upstairs originally to help them out because they do have health problems but were still to the point they didn't qualify for assisted living) it just seems like nothing is going to be easy and it is all going to be never ending and stressful with little help from DH's brother which isn't helping :S Thanks for reading my rant/update just thought I would update since I haven't been on anywhere in so long

August 19th, 2011, 04:29 AM
Mega Super Mommy
oh dear, you have had it rough for too long now!!!!! my only thoughts are first *HUGS* and second- you MUST stand strong and send mil and fil to assisted living. I have some experience with physically and mentally handicap parents/grandparents and while I remember the feelings of guilt, a nursing home was the best decision for them and me!!!!! good luck with everything!!!!

*thank you meddleman (magda) for my siggy!*

August 19th, 2011, 02:48 PM
mindyjean's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
So sorry for all you're going through. I agree though--we went through some of the same with my grandma and the assisted living/nursing homes she went to. **hugs***

3 beautiful boys, ages 8, 4 and almost 8 months!
Diagnosed with PCOS, conceived first son on first round of Clomid. DS #2 conceived on 2nd round of Clomid, 3rd son conceived on 3rd round of Clomid. TTC #4 through IVF.

Cycle #1: Antagonist protocol. 150 mL of bravelle and menopur for 8 days. Added ganirelix 2 days before ER and triggered with lupron and pregnyl.

13 eggs retrieved, 10 mature, 5 fertilized with ICSI, 2 made it to day 6, both abnormals. No transfer.

We will cycle again--September 2014?
August 20th, 2011, 10:25 PM
Mega Super Mommy
we went n saw MIL today and she was OUT OF IT really bad only had a reg conversation with her 5 mins out of the hr n half we were there we had to leave early because she was upsetting Caleb. She now has Pneumonia (bacterial) her potassium levels were 8 norm are 2-4 they got that under control and her kidneys are really bad today. She still is having to have the lift to get in and out of bed and don't think she has done much rehab this week :S DH is going to talk to her DRS on Monday and raise hell they wont let up on happy pills and pain pills and with her kidneys so bad it's not getting out of her system fast enough and she is having too much of both. Oh and they have a release date of Sept 15th! She can not come home the way she is right now.

August 20th, 2011, 10:33 PM
Mega Super Mommy
oh I want atleast her to go at this point because she keeps slipping backwards right now and if FIL keeps going like he has this week he will get home. He's off pain meds positive and happy and has already taken his first STEPS. he's in congestive heart failure from not moving for the few weeks and being on his back but that is getting under control now too. If he can take care of himself and get in and out of the house I have NP with him staying. I think though if she ends up going into assisted living at some point that he may want to go with her anyway. We will see soon. Such a mess for sure but on Positive side Caleb is great lol getting into things and that and you ladies have been my rock at times when I just want to fall to pieces and give up ur input and support has been wonderful

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search