I made this!!!

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 1st, 2011, 07:29 AM
frgsonmysox's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to frgsonmysox Send a message via MSN to frgsonmysox Send a message via Yahoo to frgsonmysox
This is the thread to post your pictures and reviews of the recipes you've made. Points will be totaled on October 3rd and the winner announced shortly thereafter!
~Beth~ Wife to my Airman Chris, and mommy to: Anthony Nathaniel (8/31/04), Anastasia Fae (8/01/06), Baby C (lost on 10/12/07), David Cillian (7/31/08), Charles George (4/29/10), and Alan Christopher (2/22/12)

My BLOG - A Day In The Life of a Freg (it's a little bit of everything!)
September 1st, 2011, 11:14 AM
JaxonsMom2010's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
placeholder

Last edited by JaxonsMom2010; September 1st, 2011 at 11:31 AM.
September 1st, 2011, 11:51 AM
Racine's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My lentil sloppy joes:

We love these.

Blackberry Cobbler:

This was definitely stepping outside the box for me! We had our pastor over tonight for dessert and I made this and it was a big hit....really good! I don't usually bake.cook with sugar (I always use maple syrup or agave), and this was quite a lot of sugar, but it was a nice special treat and I love that it doesn't require eggs so I just had to sub almond milk, which makes things even more delicious, INMHO

Thank you, Meganpixel, for my awesome siggy!

Last edited by Racine; September 6th, 2011 at 05:58 PM.
September 2nd, 2011, 01:34 PM
Mega Super Mommy

I made the green beans that Tiffany posted and they were Delish! I've always just sauted them but I like this better!

Last edited by taralyn; September 3rd, 2011 at 07:58 PM.
September 3rd, 2011, 11:51 AM
frgsonmysox's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to frgsonmysox Send a message via MSN to frgsonmysox Send a message via Yahoo to frgsonmysox
I'm cheating a bit, but I made these yesterday and figured they'd be GREAT for the recipe challenge.

1) Oreo Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies | Picky Palate

Here is my picture

These are VERY rich. Do not eat these unless you are very hungry, and even then you'll be okay if you cut it in half. These are soooo yummy and the oreo gets nice and soft after cooking. I had to cook for about 17 minutes, and not the 9-13 that they say. Very delicious.

2) Roast Carrot Coins

Here is my picture

These were okay. I love carrots that are roasted or sauteed or fried. These had good texture but the seasoning was a little bland for me. Next time I'll play around and maybe add some Cayenne pepper to liven them up. Will make again though tomorrow!
~Beth~ Wife to my Airman Chris, and mommy to: Anthony Nathaniel (8/31/04), Anastasia Fae (8/01/06), Baby C (lost on 10/12/07), David Cillian (7/31/08), Charles George (4/29/10), and Alan Christopher (2/22/12)

My BLOG - A Day In The Life of a Freg (it's a little bit of everything!)

Last edited by frgsonmysox; September 6th, 2011 at 11:05 AM.
September 4th, 2011, 06:02 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to MrsTiffy Send a message via Yahoo to MrsTiffy

Lentil sloppy joes:
These were pretty good. Next time I will change a few things. I will add less oregano, and more onion. We really like onions, so I think I will double the amount from the recipe. The oregano was a little over powering to me, so I will cut it back just a bit. Other than that they were good. I will be making them again. Alex devoured 2 full sandwiches, and my dh ate a ton even though he said he wasn't hungry. I think they were a hit.

Roasted green beans:
I really like the green beans. I got the recipe from my sister in law. I like mine a little crispy on top. My kids love these, and normally a full cookie sheet doesn't last very long.

Blackberry cobbler:
This is really really yummy. I normally just make a peach cobbler, but this one is so much better. I will be making this again.

Vivian (6)
Caden (5)
Alex (2)
Maura born 9/11/12

Last edited by MrsTiffy; September 4th, 2011 at 06:15 PM.
September 5th, 2011, 12:45 PM
dbarney's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
This is the Garlic Chicken recipe I suggested. On this I didn't have any cream so I used 2% milk instead used 2 tab less butter then asked for only half the bacon if that, less chicken and added sun dried tomatoes. It still tasted good just a little lighter in flavor. Next time I want to try capers and/or onions also.

I also made the roasted green beans. WE normally just steam them but I think this is how we might always eat it. Both kids ate more then they normally do so it was a big hit. I think next time I'll also do carrots and wont have kids under feet so it wont brown(burn) so much.

Blackberry cobbler:

I used mostly raspberries and a few blackberries as I'm not a fan of blackberries. It was really good. DH wasn't sold to much on it as it was to cake like for him. We served it warm with vanilla bean ice cream.

Black bean and bell pepper enchiladas

This was really good. I couldn’t find any refried black beans so I just used regular refried beans. WE also used wheat tortillas instead of the corn. DH said we should have these again so it’s a keeper recipe at our house now.

These are the oreo stuffed cookies. I'm not at all a backer kind of person so these cookies looked really bad BUT tasted so good. They tasted better the next day LMO.

Grilled Stuffed Zucchini!

I used ground beef instead of the turkey and Mexican cheese blend instead. I also grilled it a little longer as I wanted it more soft. So good.

Last edited by dbarney; September 30th, 2011 at 06:30 AM.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search