We pride ourselves on having the friendliest
and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment
for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers.
If you have any problems registering please drop an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!
dh and i talk about this all the time, i think we figured out we would need about 1.5 mil to do whatever wanted, haha... we would
- buy a slightly larger house, by no means a mansion but 4-5 bedrooms (we have 3 now), with a little more land
- finish doing all the modifications dh wants to do to his car, get a van for me, some kind of convertible for me and like a pickup truck or something (dh is not a truck guy but sometimes you just need to get something from the store and need a truck, kwim?)
- pay off dh's school loans (if we wont like, ALOT we would pay off my sisters also)
- college for our kids, possibly me nieces/nephews (depending on how old they are of course when we win since they're already in middle and high school) and also possibly dh's sisters (but they're in college now so i would have to win soon!)
- pay off/buy houses for parents
- donate to breast cancer and march of dimes charities, possibly some other ones
Ok I would do a ton!! Lol - I can dream big right??
Definitely pay off our house and do some add ons to the house. Try and buy some additional land around us to expand our property. Build a new barn for my horsies and convert the old barn into a shop for DF.
We would pay off both of our vehicles and keep those and purchase each of us a new vehicle too!
Trade in our camper for a brand new one with all the bells and whistles!
Put some in savings for Peyton's college and wedding
Pay off any misc debt (credit cards, medical, etc.)
Pay off both of our parents major debt (cars, houses, etc)
We would with no question have another baby when we get married (maybe a couple more!) hehe
Ok major selfish time!!! Lol - We would definitely take a few trips (Mexico, Hawaii, any place warm with a beach) and I would want a whole new wardrobe!!! And my wedding budget would be much much larger Ok I'm done!
Thank you Quantum_Leap for my fabulous signature!!!
At this point I'd just like to pay off EVERYTHING, all debt gone. Then put some away for the girls to go to college and for their weddings. Repay my parents including interest - in cash because whenever my sister and I try to give my mom a check she refuses to cash it and often just tears it in half in front of us, we appreciate it but dang it let us pay you back sometime!
And if we won a big one I'd like to buy a bigger house, nothing fancy just bigger, and a new van with all the awesome stuff and a new truck for DH since we had to sell his last spring.
Pay off our house
Pay our debt
Pay off DH's car
Pay back my parents and grandfather
Set aside money for college for the girls
Set aside money for weddings for the girls
Set aside money for retirement
Buy a bigger car for me so we could have another baby
Buy my MIL a new house near us
Renovate the house- including expanding our bedroom, gutting the current master bath, fixing drainage issues at foundation, new roof, updating the basement decor, buy a new dining room table and chairs, and a new couch for the living room.
And donate to the local charities that we are involved in