Breakfast

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 8th, 2011, 08:46 AM
mylene169's Avatar Kaija and Kolbie's Mommy
Send a message via AIM to mylene169 Send a message via Yahoo to mylene169
What are you giving your LO for breakfast these days?

I like a super low maintenance breakfast - poptarts, dry cereal, something portable-ish - for the girls since it takes me a while to get moving (I'm a night owl and haven't been able to change that despite having kids). However Kolbie does really like any of that kind of thing at all. I've done frozen pancakes (she loves pancakes) but she doesn't really like them all that much. She's not a huge eggs fan. I suppose it's probably just time to suck it up and change my ways, huh?

I should add that it's to the point where she doesn't eat breakfast and nurses, quite literally, all morning long. I like nursing her but not for 4 straight hours because she refused to eat real food...
September 8th, 2011, 08:56 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to MrsTiffy Send a message via Yahoo to MrsTiffy
Alex mostly eats cereal and fruit. If we are running late I will pick up a doughnut for him after I drop my other kids off at school. That has only happened once though. On the weekends we do french toast, pancakes, biscuits and gravy, and stuff like that. Alex loves peanut butter toast also.

Vivian (6)
Caden (5)
Alex (2)
Maura born 9/11/12

September 8th, 2011, 09:11 AM
lauriebeth's Avatar mommy to Riley Grace
Riley usually eats yogurt or plain oatmeal with a little bit of brown sugar. Then she mooches off of me while I'm eating my cereal

Thank you Meganpixel for my adorable siggy!

For crocheted hats and hair accessories visit *Daisy Cottage Designs* on Etsy!
September 8th, 2011, 11:16 AM
JaxonsMom2010's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Jaxon eats cereal and oatmeal most of the time. It is just easier for hubby that way.

We do pancakes and waffles from time to time. Jaxon isn't a big fan of eggs either.

September 8th, 2011, 11:44 AM
Racine's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We're pretty obsessed with oatmeal at the moment....I can make it in the rice cooker, so I will throw it in and go take a shower and when I'm ready to get the boys up, voila, breakfast is done! So easy. I put homemade granola and a little maple syrup on top, and we also have some fruit. We've had that for breakfast for the past week, at least.

Thank you, Meganpixel, for my awesome siggy!

September 8th, 2011, 01:44 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm a night owl as well, but my girls go down around 9 and wake up around 9, so I can deal with that

Vi really likes muesli, oatmeal and multigrain cheerios with milk. She likes egg whites, but not the yolk that much. Sometimes I grate up some potatoes and make those with some cheese and she loves that, but I only do that every few months. Oh, and she loves yogurt tubes. I usually get them from Trader Joe's because they're pretty cheap there.

September 8th, 2011, 02:37 PM
mylene169's Avatar Kaija and Kolbie's Mommy
Send a message via AIM to mylene169 Send a message via Yahoo to mylene169
I could so do 9-9 My girls go down at 8 and are up at 6:30-7 and Kolbie wakes up around 2 to come to bed with me... ugh!

Oatmeal is coming back into the rotation with the weather cooling down. She liked it last winter so hopefully she'll still like it.
September 8th, 2011, 03:54 PM
Platinum Supermommy
have you tried like nutrigrain bars? M LOVES te Gerber ones

September 8th, 2011, 04:18 PM
Bosley's Avatar Hillary
I'm not a morning person either. We do:

- Frozen waffles, frozen pancakes, frozen french toast. Keep saying I'm going to make homemade but these are so quick and easy and I know I always have them in the freezer. I put syrup on the waffles to soften them, but not the other stuff.

- Oatmeal - Jamie still likes the Gerber ones with fruit

- Yogurt when I have the focus to sit with him instead of cleaning up from night before. Jamie feeds himself but needs help with the scooping part. I usually team with a Nutrigrain bar. Loves them!

- Bagel with cream cheese

- Very occasionally eggs but not very often b/c I'm lazy in the mornings

- Bananas

Jamie is going through a phase where he eats a few bites of food in his highchair and announces he is "all done". He will refuse to eat any more but then if I let him sit on the couch and watch Sesame Street he will proceed to eat an entire breakfast and then some! I don't really want to encourage the habit but at this stage I feel like its more important that he gets the food in. Some mornings he grazes all morning though and then I don't know when to give him lunch! LOL

September 8th, 2011, 06:57 PM
Racine's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Oh yeah, Hillary; bananas are awesome!! We do bananas a lot. You might not want to give them one every since they're binding. (although, as vegetarians, we never have that problem!)

When I was preggo with Gav and having morning sickness kick me in the butt, I'd give Aiden a banana and he would just walk around eating it. Best breakfast ever. No prep time, no dishes, no clean-up. And it's healthy!

Thank you, Meganpixel, for my awesome siggy!

September 8th, 2011, 08:22 PM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
Abri refuses to eat frozen waffles. For now she's into cereal bars and bananas. Every now and then she'll eat some oatmeal, yogurt, or bagel with cream cheese
September 9th, 2011, 08:14 AM
dbarney's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Kerrington eats anything so really it depends what Brighton is eating. Lately I have been lazy so it's dry cereal and fruit.

I try to rotate what she eats with waffles, pancakes, eggs, cereal, oatmeal, yogurt, cream of wheat and toast with peanut butter.

no matter what she's getting she always gets fruit with it. Mostly a half a banana but peaches and pears are in season right now so she's loving those.

September 9th, 2011, 08:59 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Rachels been on kind of an eating strike...especially breakfast. But she will eat waffles, eggs, toast, a little dry cereal sometimes, a little fruit. I also give her some of my oatmeal w/ brown sugar and she likes that...same with yogurt and granola. And like Shelley we are fans of the yogurt tubes!
September 9th, 2011, 09:33 PM
Shea131's Avatar Peyton Rylee's Mommy!!
I with Mylene on the easy breakfasts! Poptarts, toast, oatmeal w/ applesauce, any kind of fruit. Peyton doesn't like eggs (wish she did) and is kind of picky lately.

Thank you Quantum_Leap for my fabulous signature!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search