Mason is becoming a full time job...

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 11th, 2011, 08:39 PM
Amanda C's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
this child is so busy. He climbs on everything, he's pulled my dining room curtain rod down twice now, he throws horrible temper tantrums and he likes to throw things. If his sister makes him mad he'll just pick up the nearest toy and throw it at her head I don't know where he's gotten this from because none of us throw things at all, ever. He's always digging in the cabinet drawers, he can barely reach them, he stands on his tip toes and just digs, he can't even see what he's digging for. Then if you don't have shorts on him he'll pull off his diaper and take off running. He can take it off in nothing flat.

I feel like I spend all day saying No Mason, No Mason, No No Mason. It gets tiring.

How do I get him to stop throwing? Do your little ones throw?

September 11th, 2011, 08:45 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Violet throws some things. I tell her no and take the item away or remove her from the area for a while.

Lately, her and Lily have been smacking each other a lot. I think Vi does it because she can't express herself verbally enough yet, but Lily does it just to be mean and because as she says "Vi hit me first!". It's exhausting some days.

September 11th, 2011, 08:52 PM
Amanda C's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Oh yes. My dd will be 5 next month and she and Mason are always annoying each other and she always says the same thing, he did it first.

September 11th, 2011, 09:28 PM
Bosley's Avatar Hillary
Jamie doesn't throw or hit, but he is a whirlwind of energy and constantly active too. He is a climber and an explorer and yes, gets his hands into every drawer and digs around like you described. It also seems like he is a danger/trouble magnet and manages to find the things I don't want him to touch even when there are a zillion other interesting things in the room. If told not to touch/do something he also goes straight for the next bad thing, as if it they have blinking lights on them saying "I'm dangerous, come touch me, come touch me". He also loves to dump the contents of drawers, pull everything out of the recycling pail, etc. More work for me to clean up. For the most part he is good natured when I tell him no but there are occasional days where it feels like he is just intentionally pushing my buttons and then gets mad when repeatedly told no.

We are also entering the "mine" zone here. Jamie has actually started occasionally saying "mine" (don't even know how he learned it) and will swipe toys he sees his friends playing with or push them out of the way if they go near a toy that he has decided is "his". Yesterday it was a ride-on train that he fell in love with at a party. No one else was allowed to play with it. Thankfully he does not hit though - he just swipes the toy, slowly pushes the other kid away from it or just stands and cries. I'm really not sure how to deal with it at this age. Some of his friends are younger so they don't put up much of a protest, but its not ok for him to control all the toys.

September 12th, 2011, 06:48 AM
Love_the_Shoes's Avatar Love my girls!!
Aly--thank the Lord, has stopped bitting...she will hit when she is tired..that's how you know it's time for bed. She throws her food on the floor but doesn't throw anything else. She likes to bang her head into walls...she figured that little number out a couple weeks ago. She will literally stare at me and bang her head...of course I stop her right away.

I have no advice..other than what other moms told me..that they do these things bc they are frusterated and lack of communication.

And yes..it's so exhausting...hang in there mama..it's hard!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search