Pumpkin Patches!

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 13th, 2011, 07:00 AM
mylene169's Avatar Kaija and Kolbie's Mommy
Send a message via AIM to mylene169 Send a message via Yahoo to mylene169
I realize it's still a bit early but I am so excited to go to the Pumpkin Patch this year! We totally dropped the ball last year and let October slip away from us. We didn't get out there until the Friday before Halloween and there wasn't anything going on like usual. So we're making sure we get there early this year!

Will you be going to a pumpkin patch this fall?
Maybe an apple orchard? Both?
September 13th, 2011, 07:15 AM
Bosley's Avatar Hillary
No apple orchards in Texas :-( I really do miss that from growing up in the Northeast.

We went to a pumpkin patch last year but it was kind of a far drive. Hoping to find somewhere a little closer. Got great pictures last year but it will be really fun to see how Jamie reacts this year, now that he isn't just a little lump. LOL! Still struggling to decide on a costume. I've seen a couple of possibilities but I haven't looked at something yet and said "that's it!"

September 13th, 2011, 07:18 AM
dbarney's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We plan on going to a pumpkin patch/corn maze thing. Because we live around so many farms and DH knows so many of the farmers it's hard to pick which one to go to. I don't feel like going to all 6 on them.

September 13th, 2011, 07:40 AM
Shea131's Avatar Peyton Rylee's Mommy!!
We are definitely going to go to a pumpkin patch! One has it's opening/family day type thing Oct 2nd so we may go then! I LOVE FALL!!!!

Thank you Quantum_Leap for my fabulous signature!!!
September 13th, 2011, 07:59 AM
Platinum Supermommy
We've been going to one for a few years now (this will either be our 3rd or 4th year?) and i like it alot! You pay for the hayride then you get your own small pumpkin and 3 apples and you can purchase bigger pumpkins and stuff also - last year we tried a new one and it stunk and we left and went to our old one. Haha. I'm excited to see him get his own pumpkin this year

Heres M (and my step daughter) from last year

Oh and sorry i have to post this one too

September 13th, 2011, 08:30 AM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
Yep, we go to a pumpkin patch like Sam's. You go on a hayride, stop at a little petting zoo, then go to the patches to pick up a pumpkin. You get a free pumpkin for a paid hayride. They also give you apple cider while you're there.
September 13th, 2011, 09:05 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Omg....I am sooooooo excited for the pumpkin patch!! We went last year and had a blast! I need to start searching for pumpkin patch outfits for the kids
September 13th, 2011, 09:56 AM
mylene169's Avatar Kaija and Kolbie's Mommy
Send a message via AIM to mylene169 Send a message via Yahoo to mylene169
We love our pumpkin patch (Obama was there this summer!). It's a working farm year round so they always have something going on and have a giant stand every weekend at the Farmer's Market. Hay rides are $1.50 and the petting zoo is $1.50. There are other things there too and everything is less than $5 or you can do everything for $12.50. Compared to other farms around here it's a steal.
September 13th, 2011, 10:33 AM
Platinum Supermommy
We go to a few pumpkin patches and apple orchards as well. We always go with Lily's friends on Columbus Day (most of our DHs are off for the holiday) and then as a family we go to one of the larger patches as well.

September 13th, 2011, 03:40 PM
Love_the_Shoes's Avatar Love my girls!!
I'm so excited for pumpkin patches!! I can't wait to dress the divas up in matching outfits and decorate pumpkins. I plan on going to a lot of them..maybe 3...I love all the activities in the fall

And Sam...those pics are adorable...he's so big now!!

September 13th, 2011, 03:45 PM
Racine's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I love taking the boys to the apple orchard....there's a huge one here that does a corn maze, hay ride, all that fun stuff...I don't think they have pumpkins, though. I'll probably just stock up on those at the Farmer's Market anyway. Ahh, Fall....

Thank you, Meganpixel, for my awesome siggy!

September 14th, 2011, 08:10 AM
JaxonsMom2010's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I wish we had apple orchards near. I don't know if we will get to go to the pumpkin patch this year or not. My middle son got to go last year with his school.

Hilary - it was near Dallas. I will have to look and see and let you know.

September 15th, 2011, 09:28 AM
palmetto_moon's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
There is one here that has rides, a petting zoo and a haunted hay ride at night. We love it. It can be a bit pricey with so many kids but totally worth it for once a year.

Thank you Kiliki for my awesome siggy!

visit our family blog at www.stalkedbythestork.com

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search