2 year goals!

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 13th, 2011, 06:03 PM
frgsonmysox's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to frgsonmysox Send a message via MSN to frgsonmysox Send a message via Yahoo to frgsonmysox
Our babies are at, or nearing, or in some cases past the 18 month mark. What goals do you have for your little one before they are 2?
~Beth~ Wife to my Airman Chris, and mommy to: Anthony Nathaniel (8/31/04), Anastasia Fae (8/01/06), Baby C (lost on 10/12/07), David Cillian (7/31/08), Charles George (4/29/10), and Alan Christopher (2/22/12)

My BLOG - A Day In The Life of a Freg (it's a little bit of everything!)
September 13th, 2011, 06:54 PM
mylene169's Avatar Kaija and Kolbie's Mommy
Send a message via AIM to mylene169 Send a message via Yahoo to mylene169
1. Night weaning and/or STTN on her own, in her own bed, alone. We've fallen into a routine of she wakes up, I bring her to my bed, we finish the night. But DH isn't big on co-sleeping and may be going to day shift this winter. So we need to break this habit.
2. Quell the separation anxiety and jealousy. No one else is allowed to touch me if Kolbie is around. She will literally push the other person out of my lap or away from me. I'm also not allowed to go anywhere without her. I want to be able to leave her with someone and not feel guilty that she's just screaming the whole time.
September 13th, 2011, 07:13 PM
Platinum Supermommy
1) Sleeping in her room that she shares with Lily. Right now, she sleeps in there only about 20% of the time at night, but she does nap in there.

2) Potty trained at night. Right now she's pretty much day trained, but is still wetting at night a bit.

3) Get her used to more adults. She's good with DH, me and my parents, but she tends to cry around other people, including our close friends that see her all the time. I'd like to be able to leave her with some of my friends sometimes without worrying about her being upset the whole time.

September 13th, 2011, 07:35 PM
Love_the_Shoes's Avatar Love my girls!!
Stop throwing Mariah Carey inspired tantrums...but that will never happen, so...

1.) Get her to eat and not throw food on the floor...and actually eat food for a change.

2.) Get her to not eat crayons.

September 13th, 2011, 08:10 PM
Meganpixel's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
potty training....shes gone both numbers in the potty- we just need to make it a regular thing.
September 13th, 2011, 09:57 PM
dbarney's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Have her potty trained or at least in the process and doing good at it.

September 14th, 2011, 03:10 AM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
Separation anxiety- she needs to stop screaming her head off if I leave her with someone other than DH. She also freezes and gives this look out of the corner of her eye like "Why are you talking to me?" when someone comes over and tries to play or talk to her.

Tantrums- mild ones involve just stomping her feet when she cries, but they can also evolve into rolling on the floor and shrieking and shooing my hands away if I try to pick her up. It would be nice if she wouldn't do that any time I say no.
September 14th, 2011, 08:07 AM
JaxonsMom2010's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
1 - Separation anxiety here too. Next month, we are going to try out a babysitter and see how that goes. Jaxon has never been left with anyone other than us, so it might be interesting.

2. Sleeping in his own bed. I really really need more sleep. I think that is what is causing my bad headaches.

September 14th, 2011, 08:52 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I guess the main obvious one would be talking - so just working with his therapist to get him to have some words. I probably wont even think about PT until he's 2 by his adjusted ago so thats not anywhere on my radar right now

Other then that we're doing pretty good - he doesnt have separation anxiety, is on par with gross and fine motor skills, sleeps through the night etc.

September 14th, 2011, 05:19 PM
Katie81's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'd like him to be able to say more words so that the high pitched screeching can go away.

It would also be great if he sat still for more than 15 seconds
September 14th, 2011, 07:52 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie81 View Post
I'd like him to be able to say more words so that the high pitched screeching can go away.

It would also be great if he sat still for more than 15 seconds
This exactly!! I'm hoping if she can communicate better her screaming/tantrums will do away because I am not having it!

I'd also love for her to learn how to use a spoon. We are working on it.
September 15th, 2011, 10:38 AM
Kittynoah's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I would love to be in the process of potty training. He isn't ready yet - but I am thinking at 18-20 months we could give it a shot.

Hopefully have him adjusted to having a new sister!

September 15th, 2011, 02:16 PM
J-V221's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
To take her paci away, I've been waiting until she understands who the paci fairy is and them vaamoose it'll be just gone over night.

Potty training, I've moved the potty into the bathroom and she understands what it is and the concepts it just needs to mastered. It's going to be such a challenge for us since our family is constantly on the move.
September 15th, 2011, 03:21 PM
Love_the_Shoes's Avatar Love my girls!!
Vanessa--we still use her "B" (pacifier) as well...waiting on that fairy to make a visit to my neighborhood!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search