I'm guilty of..

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 15th, 2011, 09:53 AM
Shea131's Avatar Peyton Rylee's Mommy!!
...letting Peyton sit and watch cartoons on my lap a few times a day so that I can cuddle her She will lay on me so content when her cartoons are on and I must say I LOVE it and probably let her do it too much. She won't want to cuddle with me forever so I'm taking advantage now!

Anything you ladies are guilty of lately??

Thank you Quantum_Leap for my fabulous signature!!!
September 15th, 2011, 01:09 PM
Bosley's Avatar Hillary
Same here. Watching Sesame Street is the only time Jamie holds still for more than two minutes. I sneak in a lot of cuddles then. Also he is addicted and bugs me so much that sometimes I give in because its just easier than listening to him whine "Elmoooooo" and get cranky. I used to not let him watch any tv but sometimes I just need that peace.

September 15th, 2011, 01:13 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm guilty of putting Tangled on for both girls so I can lie down...I'm nauseated all day long and lying down with a cold washcloth on my face is the only thing that is helping

September 15th, 2011, 01:14 PM
Racine's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Oh I looove TV time...we restrict it to 20 minutes a day, and usually do it like every other day, but when we do, I love it. Both boys just sit on the couch and cuddle with me. It's awesome.

Thank you, Meganpixel, for my awesome siggy!

September 15th, 2011, 01:25 PM
CanadianLou's Avatar Laura - mom of 3
I guess I'm guilty of too much TV....lol

Alivia 'asks' for the wiggles and I have it taped on my PVR and I put it on if she is being difficult and I am trying to nurse Liam, or just get a break.

Thank you Meganpixel for the most fantastic siggy!

September 15th, 2011, 01:35 PM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
The girls watch a little tv with breakfast and with dinner. I suck. If DH is home for dinner (usually just weekends) then we keep the tv off.

September 15th, 2011, 01:41 PM
JaxonsMom2010's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Jaxon only likes the progam guide channel, so TV doesn't work.

I am guilty of bribing my oldest two kids to watch Jaxon while I take a shower.

September 15th, 2011, 03:00 PM
palmetto_moon's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm guilty of way more than I have room to write here.....
Mia will only reallyl watch Barney and Caillou so I can't count on TV for her, but I do for the others.
I am guilty of putting Mia in her high chair with a snack when I need a few minutes to get something done or just get her off my hip for a few minutes.
And I'm way guilty of offering her a boob so she'll settle down and cuddle.

Thank you Kiliki for my awesome siggy!

visit our family blog at www.stalkedbythestork.com
September 15th, 2011, 03:19 PM
Love_the_Shoes's Avatar Love my girls!!
Oh yeah...I always have the tv on...I'd say 80% of it is adult shows--(Bravo TV, ABC, MTV, E)--I like to have the tv on for background noise...even when I'm in the other room playing with the girls..it's just comforting listening to the tele talk.

But Aly usually has her shows on when we eat lunch and sometimes mid-afternoon. I only really put Sprout on the tv..but I kind of like Yo Gabba Gabba...I like the sweet beats that DJ spins...LOL.

September 15th, 2011, 05:22 PM
Amanda C's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Umm, I have a night class every Wednesday night. It starts at 6 and it goes to 8:40 except it's a hybrid class which means some nights it ends at 7:20 and some nights we don't go at all. I haven't told dh that though. I stay gone the full time. It's the only true break time I get every week, besides they need time with Daddy right?

September 15th, 2011, 07:25 PM
mylene169's Avatar Kaija and Kolbie's Mommy
Send a message via AIM to mylene169 Send a message via Yahoo to mylene169
Amanda, that is brilliant

The TV is on all day here too, mostly. Since Kaija quit napping a few months ago I started having afternoon quiet time. They can play with toys, read, games, etc. but no tv. We usually end up leaving the house in the afternoons so I don't have to hear "Can I watch my shows?" for 7 straight hours...
September 15th, 2011, 07:44 PM
Shea131's Avatar Peyton Rylee's Mommy!!
Amanda that is awesome! So things are better just to keep to yourself and I think that's one of them! Lol

And Racine - 20 minutes a day would never be possible at my house. That's awesome you can do that. Are you interacting with the boys the whole day or do they do some interacting and playing with each other while you are doing other things, still supervising of course?

Thank you Quantum_Leap for my fabulous signature!!!
September 16th, 2011, 01:15 PM
DondraB's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We normally have the tv on for breakfast on the days Kinley doesn't have school (tues/thurs) then we get dressed and either go run errands or they play while I have my shows on in the living room. I've been sick this past week so I've put their cartoons on in their room and let them play/do puzzles while watching tv. It's keeping them entertained while I rest/relax. When DH gets home at night we will eat dinner, take a walk, go to the park, go get frozen yogurt, watch baseball, etc. So they will get one/two shows at night before bed. I admit we watch WAY too much tv. Some days I try to do more with them, but I have to admit, I'm really taking advantage of their ages right now--Kinley will keep Karsyn entertained for HOURS in their room (with no tv) and I enjoy every minute! They will play babies, puzzles, look at books, etc...if Karsyn gets into something she isn't supposed to, then Kinley will tell me about it lol. Today we got home from school, and me and Kinley did about 5 puzzles (some 200 piece puzzles!) while Karsyn played. Now its quiet time..they are watching Beauty & the Beast in their room while I relax in the living room00I'm hoping we can take a nap soon before I go to work!

September 19th, 2011, 06:57 AM
palmetto_moon's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Amanda---fabulous!!!!! Hey, you need to "study" when you can, right?

Thank you Kiliki for my awesome siggy!

visit our family blog at www.stalkedbythestork.com

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search