PSA/Worst Mom Award Winner

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 19th, 2011, 07:47 AM
JaxonsMom2010's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Jaxon burned himself yesterday. Not bad, but bad enough.

I was getting ready for church and I was trying to watch Jaxon too. Daddy had left to go get some breakfast. I have to iron in my hallway because that is the only place I have room and not in the way of anything. Well I had to go into the bathroom. I usually take the iron with me, but I didn't this time because I was in a hurry. I shut the door and then heard a scream. Jaxon pulled the iron down onto his foot. He burned his foot and his little hand. I felt awful! He didn't cry but for a minute. But I still felt bad. I knew better than to leave it.

From now on - I will NEVER leave the iron or anything else like that in his reach.

September 19th, 2011, 07:54 AM
mylene169's Avatar Kaija and Kolbie's Mommy
Send a message via AIM to mylene169 Send a message via Yahoo to mylene169
Oh no!!! Poor little guy!!! Hopefully he heals fast!

Kolbie ran up to bang on the open oven door the other day when I was taking something out. I jumped in front of her so fast it scared her.
September 19th, 2011, 08:10 AM
palmetto_moon's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
So sorry Christy! You aren't the worst mom in the world. Things happen that we don't plan on and sometimes things just happen that we wouldn't predict or that we can't get to fast enough. It was an accident.
We've had some accidents in our house too that I felt terrible about. Brandon burned his arm really bad when he was just a few years old. He and Manny had been playing on the back deck while Albert grilled dinner. When Albert came in after the food was done the boys continued to play. Manny shot Brandon with a water gun and as Brandon went to duck away from the water spray, he backed right up into the hot grill. It was big and ugly. I felt like crap for letting them play outside near the grill.
And once Brice burned himself because the older boys were making Ramen noodles in the microwave. When the microwave dinged, indicating it was ready, Brice yelled "I get it!" and jumped up and ran over, pushed the button and tried to grab it out before anyone could stop him. The hot liquid spilled over onto his chest. Yikes. The doctor chewed me a new one when I took him into urgent care which I understood but at the same time, it happened so fast that no one could stop him. The doc asked me why my kids were allowed to make ramen noodles in the microwave and I told him they were teenagers...well old enough...this was just a freak incident that no one predicted...
You are a fabulous mom Christy. Sometimes things just happy. I hope your little guy feels better soon and that it heals up quickly...

Thank you Kiliki for my awesome siggy!

visit our family blog at www.stalkedbythestork.com
September 19th, 2011, 09:00 AM
frgsonmysox's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to frgsonmysox Send a message via MSN to frgsonmysox Send a message via Yahoo to frgsonmysox
I can't believe the doctor chewed you out for that Angela! We all make mistakes, but we don't generally make the same mistake twice! You aren't a bad momma, Christy, we've all done things that make us feel that way. My friends daughter spilled hot tea all over her and had to be hospitalized for a few days with 3rd degree burns - had to get skin grafting and everything. She is one of the best moms I know.
~Beth~ Wife to my Airman Chris, and mommy to: Anthony Nathaniel (8/31/04), Anastasia Fae (8/01/06), Baby C (lost on 10/12/07), David Cillian (7/31/08), Charles George (4/29/10), and Alan Christopher (2/22/12)

My BLOG - A Day In The Life of a Freg (it's a little bit of everything!)
September 19th, 2011, 09:11 AM
Thanks for the support. I really appreciate it. I still want to cry when I think about it and when I see his little burns. Poor little guy.

But I knew better to leave it there. Some days I wished I could just put them in a bubble.

Angela - I can't believe the doctor chewed on you like that.

September 19th, 2011, 09:27 AM
Shea131's Avatar Peyton Rylee's Mommy!!
Poor Christy and poor Jaxon!! Definitely not the worst Momma!!!

Thank you Quantum_Leap for my fabulous signature!!!
September 19th, 2011, 10:53 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Things happen! I'm glad he's okay!

My cousin was ironing around Christmas time and her son (2 years old) pulled the iron down onto his face. He burned from his nose onto his cheek and it's still healing a bit. She's a fantastic mom, but things just happen sometimes. It doesn't make you a bad mom at all.

September 19th, 2011, 11:27 AM
Kittynoah's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Poor Jaxon! You are sooo not a bad mom! I had Jed in the bathroom on Sunday while I was trying to get ready since James was gone. He reached for my flatiron and I yelled so loud I really scared him! They just move so fast that sometimes accidents just happen.

angela - i can't beleive either that the doctor yelled at you for that! It was a total accident. Especially when kids reach that age that they want to do everything independently.

September 19th, 2011, 11:44 AM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
Poor Jaxon! Things like that happen and it doesn't make you a bad mom at all! Abri has almost reached for the hot oven or my flat iron half a dozen times. They move so fast
September 19th, 2011, 01:45 PM
Racine's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Ditto the other ladies...we all end up doing things from time to time that we regret later. I am so glad it wasn't worse!

Thank you, Meganpixel, for my awesome siggy!

September 19th, 2011, 03:58 PM
sandpaper06's Avatar Mom of 3 darlings
Ditto everyone. You so aren't the worst mom. Not even a bad mom.

Angela, I can't believe you got reamed for that. Kids are quick!

My story from today...DS (2.5 yo) was in the shopping cart while I put Lauren in the car (she was in my moby). I need both hands to get him out, so he was to wait. I forgot that I unclipped his little belt thing, and next thing I know, he's on the ground with the cart several feet from him. He only has a little cut on his hand, but it could have been horrible!!
Caroline - November '12

September 20th, 2011, 06:22 AM
THanks guys. It looks so much better now. It is not near as red. And it he isn't favoring his hand like he was.

Alisha - I have actually had that happen to me before, but instead of the shopping cart it was a high chair. My oldest son still has a scar on his head where he bumped/cut it.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search