Did you have a Fisher Price Rock and Play Sleeper for your baby??? *update 1st post*

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 19th, 2011, 07:48 AM
CanadianLou's Avatar Laura - mom of 3
Hey Ladies,

Just wondering if any of you had one for your baby and if you liked it? I wanted to get one for Livi, but never did. Now I can considering getting one for Liam as he is getting reflux at night and it makes him gag and cough.

I have been reading reviews and people love them, but said that it caused flat spots on their babies head and didn't allow their neck muscles to develop properly???

Have any of you heard of this? Anyone experience anything like this?

Here is a link to a picture of it..hope it works.

Google Images

Thanks for you help!
Laura

UPDATE:

So I decided to get one. I went to BRU...they don't sell it in Canada anymore. I've tried ordering one online and can't get it shipped to Canada Booooo

I am going to look for one on Kijiji, so far only one there and it's soo far away.

Just wanted to complain because I spent so much time debating and reading reviews etc. BAH!

Thank you Meganpixel for the most fantastic siggy!

Last edited by CanadianLou; September 22nd, 2011 at 01:33 PM.
September 19th, 2011, 07:51 AM
Max n Meghan's Mom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Meghan slept in it for 5 months (until she started sitting on her own). It was great! She slept well and never had any issues like those that you mentioned. She had strong, healthy neck muscles and never even had a bald spot on her head. Of course we also did lots of tummy time and other than sleeping she wasn't on her back.

Thank you for my beautiful siggy, *Kiliki*!Visit My Blog

September 19th, 2011, 07:52 AM
mylene169's Avatar Kaija and Kolbie's Mommy
Send a message via AIM to mylene169 Send a message via Yahoo to mylene169
I didn't have one but I know a lot of people here did and it sounded like they loved them. I think if you leave your baby in anything long enough (this or a bouncy seat or whatever) they will develop flat spots and their neck muscles won't develop properly. If you use tummy time like you should I don't think you'll have a problem.
September 19th, 2011, 07:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mylene169 View Post
I didn't have one but I know a lot of people here did and it sounded like they loved them. I think if you leave your baby in anything long enough (this or a bouncy seat or whatever) they will develop flat spots and their neck muscles won't develop properly. If you use tummy time like you should I don't think you'll have a problem.

This is what I was thinking, that people used them for sleep and then to sit their baby in all day. I am still thinking I'll get one to help with the reflux. He is sound asleep and as soon as I lay him down in his bassinette he starts coughing and spitting up and it wakes him up.

September 19th, 2011, 08:05 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Lurking from the July boards but we had one and used it for naps and bedtime until she started sitting up, and she doesn't have any issues. We even bought 1 for each set of grandparents so she could sleep there when we visited.
September 19th, 2011, 08:27 AM
palmetto_moon's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I think that pretty much anything you use- swings, infant car seat, bouncy ect can cause those issues if you leave baby in them long enough. Even a plain bassinette. I think you'd be safe using it if you use it as intended and don't over-rely on it.

Thank you Kiliki for my awesome siggy!

visit our family blog at www.stalkedbythestork.com
September 19th, 2011, 08:54 AM
frgsonmysox's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to frgsonmysox Send a message via MSN to frgsonmysox Send a message via Yahoo to frgsonmysox
I think it's the over reliance and use of these things that is bad. I know moms who kids sleep in something similar to that and spend most of the day in the swing, the bouncer, or the carseat. It's not good developmentally! I think if he's just in it at night he should be fine.
~Beth~ Wife to my Airman Chris, and mommy to: Anthony Nathaniel (8/31/04), Anastasia Fae (8/01/06), Baby C (lost on 10/12/07), David Cillian (7/31/08), Charles George (4/29/10), and Alan Christopher (2/22/12)

My BLOG - A Day In The Life of a Freg (it's a little bit of everything!)
September 19th, 2011, 10:46 AM
Platinum Supermommy
We had one with Vi. She slept in it at night and for naps only. She had no issues with head flatness and she was sitting up, crawling, and walking early so obviously her neck control was fine

September 19th, 2011, 11:58 AM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
I considered getting one of those after hearing good reviews. I ended up getting the Snuggle Nest instead because I wanted the option to co-sleep if I wanted. It has a wedge that you put underneath the mattress to incline them. I took out the sleep positioner though

Supreme Snuggle Nest - One Step Ahead Baby
September 19th, 2011, 12:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenCrafty View Post
I considered getting one of those after hearing good reviews. I ended up getting the Snuggle Nest instead because I wanted the option to co-sleep if I wanted. It has a wedge that you put underneath the mattress to incline them. I took out the sleep positioner though

Supreme Snuggle Nest - One Step Ahead Baby
We do have a wedge to put under him, but it's not inclined enough, so I got a more inclined one, but it wasn't safe because he'd go sideways on it.

September 19th, 2011, 02:49 PM
Mega Super Mommy
We got one with Rachel and are using it with Cole too...we love it! Although Rachel did get a flat spot, i am the first to admit we had her in it too much. We are trying to be better this time around, he skeepsmat night in his bassinet and naps in th rock and play but I try to keep him out other than that
September 19th, 2011, 03:05 PM
Bosley's Avatar Hillary
We had one of those and I tell EVERYONE I know - even strangers in the store - to buy one. If I had to choose only one baby thing this would probably be it. I loved, loved, loved it and it saved my sanity. It was awesome because I could rock it with my foot while doing other things (for example trying to pump milk, take care of bills, visit JM etc). When Jamie would get cranky this was also a fantastic way to get him to calm down and fall asleep. He loved the motion and I could rock harder or softer as needed. Ha ha - we went through one stage where I used it so much to soothe him that I got a sore ankle for a few days. And its super easy to fold up and take places too. Says the LOs can sleep in it too - I never used it for overnight or anything like that but it did come in handy in emergency for a nap when I couldn't bring the pack-n-play somewhere. Seriously, I loved this product.

September 19th, 2011, 03:48 PM
Kittynoah's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Now I want one! It looks great. We used the swing alot for Jed to nap in, but this seems safer.

September 22nd, 2011, 01:33 PM
update in first post...

September 22nd, 2011, 05:29 PM
mylene169's Avatar Kaija and Kolbie's Mommy
Send a message via AIM to mylene169 Send a message via Yahoo to mylene169
That stinks! I wonder why you can't get it there anymore?
September 22nd, 2011, 05:37 PM
Meganpixel's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Laura that does stink!!
September 22nd, 2011, 07:52 PM
I am wondering why too. I can't seem to find a reason why...

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search