How do you compare to your LO?

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 21st, 2011, 09:07 AM
Platinum Supermommy
My mom was looking at my baby book the other day and she says that apparently i only weighed 23lbs on my 2nd birthday and my sister was only 25lbs on her 2nd birthday, so we were both tiny kids but its pretty crazy that M is already the size (if not bigger, at his 18 mo check up he was 23lbs) then i was when i was 2! (his growth is mostly measured by his adjusted age btw, so he's the same as me at only 17 months). Kinda funny. Dh on the other hand was kind of chubby as a kid so we'll see who he ends up like. Right now for his adjusted age he's pretty much "average"

I can't really compare milestones with M bec/ he's obviously going to be a tad slow with things but I walked at 9 months but didnt really talk much until i was around 2ish. M walked at 12 months adjusted and still isnt talking but his therapist is confident he'll have words soon. My sister (whos older then me) on the other hand was the opposite, walked later and talked faster. My mom says that i walked sooner bec/ i wanted to play with her but didnt need to talk bec/ she talked for me

September 21st, 2011, 09:12 AM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
I had an older sister and like you guys, she talked fast and walked late. I walked early and talked late. Abri walked at a normal time but seems to be similar to me in everything else. I was a chunky baby and Abri is definitely on the higher end of the spectrum. The only difference is that my mom said I was a pretty easy going baby and child. Abri is a lot louder and loses patience super quick.
September 21st, 2011, 10:34 AM
mylene169's Avatar Kaija and Kolbie's Mommy
Send a message via AIM to mylene169 Send a message via Yahoo to mylene169
Interesting! I really have no idea... I was smaller than my girls at birth but that's about all I know. I started walking at 1y1d old, no idea on talking. So both girls beat me by a mile walking! I will say that Kolbie is talking a LOT more than Kaija was at this age. We've been watching old videos of Kaija and couldn't believe the difference.
September 21st, 2011, 11:08 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I was just over 9 lbs at birth, so I weighed more than both Lily (7lbs, 6oz) and Vi (8lbs, 5oz). I didn't walk until I was 13months and Lily and Vi were both super early walkers - Vi was fully walking at 8 months and Lily at 9, with both having taken steps before that as well. My sister (older than me) was walking at 9 months. I talked really early though and was doing sentences early. Both my girls said a lot of words early, but Lily didn't take off in speech until closer to 2. Vi is getting there now at almost 18 months, saying things like "i love you" and more complex words/sentences.

I was a major tantrum thrower and diva. My grandpa was watching me once and I screamed so loud and for so long, that the neighbors called the cops thinking I was being abused Both my girls are calmer than me, but both have their moments.

September 21st, 2011, 07:08 PM
Shea131's Avatar Peyton Rylee's Mommy!!
From what my mom says we are a lot alike! Both really good as babies. About the same size too.

Thank you Quantum_Leap for my fabulous signature!!!
September 21st, 2011, 08:56 PM
fibigrey's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to fibigrey
I guess Audrey and I are alike as well.. She walked around 11 months, I walked at 10, she is about the same size as I was (big girls lol) except I think I talkd a little more than she does right now from what I hear (go figure! haha)

Her and My DS are very different as far as milestones go though weird how that works!
September 21st, 2011, 09:26 PM
lauriebeth's Avatar mommy to Riley Grace
My parents say that seeing Riley is like seeing me all over again. I was bigger at birth (7 lbs 13 oz vs 6 lbs 6 oz) and walked at 12 months rather than 13, but other than that, I think we're very similar in personality, speech, etc.. She also looks just like my baby pictures (which drives my MIL crazy, I think... she wants to see her son in there somewhere... lol). People have thought my pictures were really Riley... until they notice the ears... mine were huge.

Thank you Meganpixel for my adorable siggy!

For crocheted hats and hair accessories visit *Daisy Cottage Designs* on Etsy!
September 22nd, 2011, 04:01 AM
Kittynoah's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Jed walked way earlier than I did (he was walking at 8 months). But I apparantly was a little daredevil climbing on everything just like he is. Size wize - we are pretty similar too.

And his pics look just like my pics (if I had been a boy!). You don't see it as much now as I have an adult face, but we have the same eyes and blonde hair. My extended family (like my aunts) all exclaim how he looks just like I did as a baby.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search