Daytime tv

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 21st, 2011, 09:27 AM
Platinum Supermommy
We've covered prime time tv, but what do you guys watching during the day? I tend to have the tv on all day just for backround noise while i am online, playing with m, cooking, cleaning etc so i'm "watching" most of the day.

Depending on what time M is finished with breakfast he'll watch a show or two in the morning..

at 10am i watch Rachel Ray
11am - The View
12pm - The news
12:30- Who wants to be a millionaire (really, this is just filler bec/ i dont feel like changing the channel between The View and my soaps)
1pm - All my Children - YES i admit it, i've watched it most of my life and i'm really sad about it ending this Friday. I actually had stopped watching it for a few years (i would watch whatever is on TLC at this time instead) but when i heard it was ending i started watching again to see how things wrapped up..
2pm - One Live To Live
3pm - Ellen (used to watch Sesame street, but when we switched cable the time it was on changed)
4pm - news again... then the evening is whatever until shows come on at 8

I've been meaning to check out Anderson Coopers new show, i like him... and i'll probably watch The Chew also once AMC is gone

September 21st, 2011, 10:11 AM
dbarney's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I"m not a day time TV person at all. In fact I haven't actually watch live TV for almost 5 months now. We don't have cable but have netflix so I have things on that I watch while kids are napping and in the morning and afternoon the kids will watch one of the kid shows like, Veggie tales, Wonder pets, Caillou or one of the baby first shows.

September 21st, 2011, 10:29 AM
mylene169's Avatar Kaija and Kolbie's Mommy
Send a message via AIM to mylene169 Send a message via Yahoo to mylene169
I usually have The Today Show on until 9-10 and then PBS Kids or Nick Jr. is on until lunch time while the girls play. I usually do no tv or a movie and chilling on the couch after lunch since Kaija doesn't nap any more. Usually around 3-4 I'll turn on something but not kid's shows. Jeopardy has been the winner lately since it's now on at 3:30 AND 4:30 here
September 21st, 2011, 10:55 AM
Max n Meghan's Mom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
During breakfast and playtime before nap, Meghan watches Mickey Mouse and Sesame Street.

From 10-4 if the tv is on it's just whatever, Netflix, HGTV, Food Network. Sometimes I just have my stereo on.

Then at 4 IF I remember...I watch Ellen.

Thank you for my beautiful siggy, *Kiliki*!Visit My Blog

September 21st, 2011, 11:12 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I really like Anderson Cooper's new daytime talk show! I DVR it and watch it at night usually.

During the day, I usually try to catch some news in the morning and then maybe a show on Food Network or the Cooking Channel. Some times I'll watch Dr. Oz.

Most days, Nick JR comes on at some point and the girls watch something.

September 21st, 2011, 11:58 AM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
8-11 I watch the Today Show. Mostly it's just background because I'm getting the girls dressed, laundry, or taking Lily to preschool.

11-1 I usually have TLC on in the background. Some sort of wedding show and then What Not To Wear reruns

1-3 The girls usually nap. I eat lunch and watch a show on the DVR

3-5 TLC or HGTV on in the background

5 I switch to Nick Jr for the girls while I make dinner
September 21st, 2011, 05:57 PM
Shea131's Avatar Peyton Rylee's Mommy!!
Usually first thing in the morning peyton will watch either Mickey or Dora while drinking her milk. Throughout the day we either have cartoons, tlc, or shows from the dvr on.

Thank you Quantum_Leap for my fabulous signature!!!
September 22nd, 2011, 06:38 AM
CanadianLou's Avatar Laura - mom of 3
I don't have a schedule. But I DVR things and watch them and if I don't feel like watching that I'll usually watch something on TLC or HGTV.

Some of my fav. shows I watch during the day:

Dr. Phil
Oprah
Ellen
House Hunters

Guess that is about all the rest is stuff I've taped on my DVR. (I tape Dr. Phil and Oprah so I can watch them when I want)

Thank you Meganpixel for the most fantastic siggy!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search