Wits End

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 21st, 2011, 08:04 PM
Bosley's Avatar Hillary
Jamie is still not sleeping. This is 12 nights now. I put him to bed at normal time (btwn 8 and 8:30), go through our bedtime rituals, etc. and then he sleeps for 30 - 45 minutes, wakes up and then cries and screams. He will stay up until midnight or later, only going to sleep when I finally come to bed. He is not teething, is not in any discomfort (because he is immediately quiet if he gets his way and is taken out of the crib), has been checked by the doctor for any medical issues, etc. I have tried soothing him, I have tried feeding him and giving him a bottle, I have tried CIO (he has outlasted me and hit 3 and a half hours before I gave in), have tried music/no music, nightlight/no nightlight. I have tried laying in the room. I have tried moving his nap, shortening his nap, etc. I am at my wits end!!!! He only wants his mommy. Every 4th night or so he is exhausted and sleeps through and then it starts again. Twelve nights now!!! He hasn't started daycare yet (we start Monday) and has not shown any other signs of separation issues. Until 12 nights ago he was sleeping 8pm - 8am and had been doing so for many months.

September 21st, 2011, 08:22 PM
Platinum Supermommy

I don't have any advice, but I hope he starts sleeping better. The only thing I can think of is teething (but you said he's not).

September 21st, 2011, 08:59 PM
Bosley's Avatar Hillary
It is absolutely a separation issue. After two hours of crying tonight I finally went in there because he dropped his lovey on the floor. As soon as I gave him the lovey and was in the room he was quiet. Stayed quiet while I pretended to putter in the room, in the attached bathroom/closet - thought I would sneak out after a few minutes. As soon as I left the room the tears started again.

September 22nd, 2011, 06:15 AM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
I'm sorry! This is why I co-slept for so long. Maybe daycare will tire him out to the point he will just pass out at bedtime?
September 22nd, 2011, 07:26 AM
Bosley's Avatar Hillary
That's what I'm hoping Courtney. We will have to wake up two hours earlier than usual every day plus he will have such busy days.

I just wish I knew what caused this to begin with - he doesn't have separation issues any other time and the odd thing is he goes into the crib without much fuss at bedtime. So why is he waking up after a short rest and then struggling?

September 22nd, 2011, 07:32 AM
mylene169's Avatar Kaija and Kolbie's Mommy
Send a message via AIM to mylene169 Send a message via Yahoo to mylene169
I'm no help. Kolbie goes to bed fine, wakes 2-3 hours later and goes back to bed fine (most nights), then wakes 2-3 hours after that and won't go back to her bed but once I bring her to bed with me she passes right out and sleeps til morning. The last 2 nights she's woken up at 11 and demanded milk and Jimmy Fallon before going back to bed with me (Okay, so she wanted her cup of milk, not JF, but I enjoy it so we watch it together then go to bed). In fact she's still asleep now and it's 2-3 hours past her normal wake up time!
September 22nd, 2011, 07:42 AM
Platinum Supermommy
What if you just sit in his room until he falls asleep, but dont touch him or say anything to him? You said he started crying again when you left... do you think he would go to sleep if he knew you were there? I've seen this on supernanny. She has the parent sit close to the bed then progressively get further away each night until you're out the door

September 22nd, 2011, 08:30 AM
Kittynoah's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Could he be having bad dreams and wakes up and then wants you? When this has happened with Jed, my hubby goes in and sits on the floor by the crib and pats his back for a bit and then he is able to sneak out. Usually Jed will sleep the rest of the night.

That is the only suggestion I have. Sorry

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search