Thursday Truth Time

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 22nd, 2011, 08:38 AM
JaxonsMom2010's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
What was the worst gift you ever received from your SO?

Just curious since I found the WORST gift that I ever got from my husband that I had completely forgot about until now....

My hubby bought me for my birthday (my first bday as a married woman) a....

TOILET PAPER HOLDER that was made to look like an OUTHOUSE!!!!

I am serious!!!

September 22nd, 2011, 08:57 AM
mylene169's Avatar Kaija and Kolbie's Mommy
Send a message via AIM to mylene169 Send a message via Yahoo to mylene169

Mine would be the hot pink koala holding a football candle that he thought would be cool in Kaija's room
September 22nd, 2011, 09:13 AM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
That is terrible!

Mine has been pretty good about gifts. This year for Mother's Day I got a pretty compost pot for my counter (the good part) and then a door mat. It was a weird greenish color that didn't match, it was too big, and just all around not good
September 22nd, 2011, 09:22 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Dh and i dont really get eachother gifts for some reason - i guess we would rather spend money on other people but he did go out and get us an LED multi color light up star for our Christmas tree (bec/ we didnt have one)... it was hideous and he thought it was cool. Some how we lost part of the plug to it last year so we didnt have one last year, darn.

September 22nd, 2011, 09:25 AM
Shea131's Avatar Peyton Rylee's Mommy!!
I honestly can't think of anything that was awful!! So I guess that's a good thing right??

Thank you Quantum_Leap for my fabulous signature!!!
September 22nd, 2011, 10:15 AM
J-V221's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
It wasn't awful... I found it funny if you all remember?

The mothers day card that was actually a graduation card.... It had a cat that spray painted "you suck" on the front and inside said "succeeded!" And it also had a stick of gum in it. It's the thought that counts, but I did laugh.

He's usually so good at gifts for me tho, that one was..... well it just was. hah
September 22nd, 2011, 10:34 AM
dbarney's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We don't really do gifts but the ones he's give have been great.

September 22nd, 2011, 11:33 AM
Platinum Supermommy

Last year for Christmas he was supposed to get me a gift from him and then one from the girls for me. He was at BevMo! getting some wine and saw those chocolates with alcohol in them and thought that'd be the perfect gift for the girls to give me I'm not sure what he was thinking

September 22nd, 2011, 12:38 PM
Racine's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Haha! All of these are why I'm glad Dan and I don't surprise eachother with gifts...when my birthday or whatever comes around, I just tell him "I'm buying 'x' for my birthday", and he does the same.

While were dating, though, we'd been discussing him getting me a pearl for a while (we were in high school), but for my next birthday he gave me stuffed cat. It was cute, but seriously? Haha. He gave me the pearl on some random day a couple weeks later. Turd.

Thank you, Meganpixel, for my awesome siggy!

September 22nd, 2011, 04:25 PM
fibigrey's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to fibigrey
LOL too funny.

umm, I'm trying to think of a bad gift. My DH loves buying me gifts and is usually really thoughtful about them, he thinks about them alot.

I had to make him stop buying me those bears for valentines though.. I have 3 of them from like 2006-2009, and I have no where to put them, and I tried putting them away somewhere once and it hurt his feelings lol, so this past valentine I did not get a stuffed year bear, I got a big red love bug. LOL.. I was like "oh...ok" Audrey uses it as a pillow
September 22nd, 2011, 05:15 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by fibigrey View Post
LOL too funny.

umm, I'm trying to think of a bad gift. My DH loves buying me gifts and is usually really thoughtful about them, he thinks about them alot.

I had to make him stop buying me those bears for valentines though.. I have 3 of them from like 2006-2009, and I have no where to put them, and I tried putting them away somewhere once and it hurt his feelings lol, so this past valentine I did not get a stuffed year bear, I got a big red love bug. LOL.. I was like "oh...ok" Audrey uses it as a pillow
DH gave me a big stuffed elephant with a rose our first V-day together and I still have it. I've finally just tossed it into the girls' playroom and they play with it. For a while it was just sitting in a corner in my closet

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search