Implanon vs iud

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 22nd, 2011, 01:11 PM
dbarney's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have 2 weeks to deiced on birth control and I"m just so lost. I was on the IUD(mirana) and had a hard time TTC and also my body rejected it. I got pregnant twice from the pills so those are by far not an option for us. I was just told about the Implonon today but I'm a little unsure about it. Any thoughts on that one or anyone have advice on what a good one would be.

We want one more and will TTC when Ammon is about 15-18 month but don't want it to mess my body up.

September 22nd, 2011, 02:40 PM
JaxonsMom2010's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I think that is what Kristi was on and she got it out because of some issues.

I also have a good friend who daughter is having the same problems that Kristi did and she is getting hers out and going with Mirena.

If you don't want anything to mess with your body, anything hormonal is not the way to go.

I would just make hubby wear a happy hat. (yes, I called it that)

September 22nd, 2011, 03:46 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I probably wouldn't go on anything and just use condoms. I'm not a fan of hormonal birth control and I don't want the copper IUD either.

September 22nd, 2011, 04:19 PM
fibigrey's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to fibigrey
I was on the implanon, and I don't recommend it.. It messes your hormones up like crazy.. I mean.. It helped some of my hormones (like my hormone induced headaches) but I would get phantom pregnancy symptoms, I had irregular heavy bleeding for at least 6 months, and I gained over 30lbs while on it. I had it for just over a year and got it out at the end of June, I think (possibly early july?) but I have lost 10lbs since getting it out without even doing anything.. I gained like 30 not really doing anything different either.

Also if you don't want a scar, don't get it lol.. I wasn't too concerned about it since I have a huge scar on that arm anyway, but getting it taken out, they had to put two stitches in, and against my very fair skin, you can clearly see the scar.

I have heard alot better things about the mirena.. and I think there is only one type of implant, the implanon.

For BC we have been using pull out and spermicides. A little messy, but better than hormones for us at this point.
September 22nd, 2011, 04:36 PM
Katie81's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I had a good experience with the Mirena. Had it for three years after my daughter, no AF, and I got pregnant the first month after it was removed. I had another one put in after Grey was born and had it for a year, but I spotted the entire time so I took it out.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search