OOh no!!!!!!!!!

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 23rd, 2011, 07:19 AM
Platinum Supermommy
So i went in Michae3ls room to get him this morning and while i'm half way down the hallway his (angelcare) monitor starts beeping... (which means theres no movement in his bed).... i had just heard him on the monitor so i knew he was awake and stuff... i open the door and my little darling is standing in the middle of the room smiling at me. EEKS! So now what do i do? i have to change his crib to a toddler bed then right? I think he would be okay and stay in his bed if hes tired when we put him down for naps (which he usually is at nap time and at bed time) but i can't put him in there to shower or anything anymore sigh! I do not think he is ready for a toddler bed so id ont know what to do!

September 23rd, 2011, 07:46 AM
Shea131's Avatar Peyton Rylee's Mommy!!
eeps! I worry about when this is going to happen to us! It sounds like he is ready to move to a toddler bed. If he is going to get up it's safer for him to just get up out of a toddler bed then climb and potentially hurt himself climbing out of the crib! Maybe he's more ready for the bed than you think? It would scare me if he kept climbing out of his crib so I would make the transition and see how it goes! GL!

Thank you Quantum_Leap for my fabulous signature!!!
September 23rd, 2011, 08:40 AM
Meganpixel's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
yikes!! so glad he is ok. My DS was in toddler bed at 18 months....he did just fine...I did have to put a gate on his door b/c he was on the 2nd floor. good luck!
September 23rd, 2011, 09:41 AM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
I am not looking forward to this point! Lily never climbed out but Abri is pretty mischievous.
September 23rd, 2011, 09:53 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I think as long as he's actually tired when we put him i bed it'll be okay. At morning nap time and night time he typically lays right down and goes to sleep. Its the afternoon nap or "quiet time" (where i put him in there just to get a break for a minute and he can sleep if he wants too) that isnt gonna work anymore

September 23rd, 2011, 10:09 AM
frgsonmysox's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to frgsonmysox Send a message via MSN to frgsonmysox Send a message via Yahoo to frgsonmysox
My oldest was the only one who slept in a crib and we moved him to a mattress on the floor at 14 months. Once he mastered that we put him in a bed (a futon, so he had plenty of room to roll around without rolling off).
~Beth~ Wife to my Airman Chris, and mommy to: Anthony Nathaniel (8/31/04), Anastasia Fae (8/01/06), Baby C (lost on 10/12/07), David Cillian (7/31/08), Charles George (4/29/10), and Alan Christopher (2/22/12)

My BLOG - A Day In The Life of a Freg (it's a little bit of everything!)
September 23rd, 2011, 11:02 AM
Platinum Supermommy
My girls both slept in a bed early on (either mattress on the floor or a regular bed) and neither had issues. We never had to deal with them getting up when they're supposed to sleep, etc. Vi will sometimes get upset, but she stays on her mattress and doesn't get off it unless it's time for her to get up.

September 23rd, 2011, 12:31 PM
JaxonsMom2010's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My older two kids once they started climbing out were moved to a toddler bed. Most toddler beds have a rail and are lower to the ground. We always put a gate at the door and removed any dangers from the room. And used a regular room monitor.

On a side note - I bet he thought he was big stuff figuring out how to get out...you have to admit (even though it is scary) it is kind of amusing that he was standing there waiting for you with his big smile.

September 23rd, 2011, 02:41 PM
mylene169's Avatar Kaija and Kolbie's Mommy
Send a message via AIM to mylene169 Send a message via Yahoo to mylene169
Uh oh! I bet he's more ready than you think. Kaija was moved to a toddler bed at about 18 months. I wasn't very pregnant yet but I already couldn't lift her over the rail. She didn't get out of bed on her own until after Kolbie was born! She always called for us in the mornings, it was cute Kolbie has been in a toddler bed since about 14-15 months. It was in hopes that she's somehow sleep better...frankly that was a bust But she does just fine. She fell out a couple of time the first few days but hasn't since. She DOES get up by herself but her door is shut and there's really nothing in her room to get into. She's usually mad when she gets up so she comes straight to the door and starts pounding on it to be let out!

I say give it a try. You might be surprised!
September 23rd, 2011, 04:00 PM
Bosley's Avatar Hillary
EEK!!!!

September 23rd, 2011, 06:16 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaxonsMom2010 View Post
On a side note - I bet he thought he was big stuff figuring out how to get out...you have to admit (even though it is scary) it is kind of amusing that he was standing there waiting for you with his big smile.

Oh yeah, it was totally cute. I was very confused when the monitor started going off so i sort of rushed in there and he was just hanging out I'm thinking of maybe getting a video monitor... although if i keep the angel care in his bed then i would know if he was up out of bed within 30 seconds so he couldnt really get into anything before i got in there. I was looking at crib tents, but they're kind of expensive and alot of people dont like them so i dunno. I need to leave it as a crib until i can at least get to the store and get some baby proofing stuff so hopefully its not going to be a big problem. His morning nap was fine, he just layed down and went to sleep. Afternoon "nap" he hung out for about a half hour with no trouble then he wasnt going to sleep and i didnt want him to get mad and attempt so i went and got him. I'm sure bedtime will be okay bec/ he always just lays down and goes to sleep... I also read an article that said dont rush out and get them a toddler bed the first time they do this... so we'll see what happens, i just need to be more careful and possibly outside his door until i know hes asleep or something

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search