UTI

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 26th, 2011, 10:48 AM
Shea131's Avatar Peyton Rylee's Mommy!!
So I currently have an urinary tract infection which is nothing new to me I unfortunately get them all the time! Well because I get them so frequently (this is either my 6th or 7th this year I believe) I'm being referred to a urologist! ugh!! She said they would use a scope to look at my bladder and see if anything looked abnormal. She also stated that they almost never find anything wrong and some people just unfortunately get them. I hate them soooo much! I hope they don't find anything but I'm so frustrated that I'm just one of those unlucky people! GRRRRRR!!

Do any of you get UTI's??

Thank you Quantum_Leap for my fabulous signature!!!
September 26th, 2011, 01:48 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Hope it goes well! KUP!

I've actually never had a UTI *knock on wood*, but I've heard they are painful!

September 26th, 2011, 03:36 PM
fibigrey's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to fibigrey
So far I have only had them while pregnant.. but at my last pap my doctor noticed that my urethra has descended a bit lower from having audrey, and said that I may be more prone to them after sex because of that..

I have had a cystoscopy (scope) before, and its not too bad... They numb your urethra ahead of time and insert the scope.. When they clean the area that is a bit uncomfortable..well, the nurse I had was sortof rough lol.. They might need to stretch your urethra a little maybe.. Before I had audrey I had TONS of urinary issues, mostly going all the time.. I had the scope done and they dilated my urethra to see if that would help (it didnt) but when she was born she must've adjusted something because the frequency went away.
September 26th, 2011, 04:00 PM
palmetto_moon's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Oh no!!!! I hope they don't find anything! Or maybe i hope that they DO find something small and easily treatable so this can stop!!!!
I get them all the time while pregnant but I never have any symptoms. It comes up on the urine culture. I'd say I don't get them not pregnant but since I'm never tested non-pregnant, who knows...
Have you tried things like drinking water and eliminating soda and such?
Really hope this improves for you!

Thank you Kiliki for my awesome siggy!

visit our family blog at www.stalkedbythestork.com
September 26th, 2011, 04:57 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to MrsTiffy Send a message via Yahoo to MrsTiffy
I have only had one and it was horrible. I hope they can figure out what is causing them, and that you can get some relief soon!!

Vivian (6)
Caden (5)
Alex (2)
Maura born 9/11/12

September 27th, 2011, 07:18 AM
Shea131's Avatar Peyton Rylee's Mommy!!
Thanks ladies! I don't drink a ton of water but I drink enough for that to not be the cause. I'm pretty sure this one must have been from dtd since we did on Friday and then I got all the symptoms Saturday. All my other ones I'm not sure. I'm usually very careful and kind of OCD about cleaning up really well after dtd because I get them so often and that can be a cause, but I guess I didn't do good enough this time. I'm just so sick of them because they are so uncomfortable! Been on antibiotics for 24 hrs now and am feeling better though

Thank you Quantum_Leap for my fabulous signature!!!
September 30th, 2011, 07:55 PM
Amanda C's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I don't normally but I'm on my 3rd one in the past 4 months. I have no idea why.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search