Who was in the delivery room with you?

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 27th, 2011, 06:36 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Taken from Oct 2011 DDC - its my sisters so i lurk. They're delivering (20 babies so far!, lots of little preemies ) so those who havent delivered are talking about who will be with them.

And i'll also add - who visited you in the hospital?

Since i had a c section just dh was in the room. His mom was there after (she was on her way to the hospital just to visit us and then we ended up delivering right when she got there) so she hung out for a while after and again the next morning. My mom got there the next night after he was born... she and dh alternated time in the hospital with me for 5 days.

September 27th, 2011, 06:51 AM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
With Lily- just DH was in the room but my parents, my MIL, my sister and her husband, and our good friends (married) were in the waiting room. My SIL and her husband and some other good friends came to visit the next day.

With Abri- it was just DH at the hospital period. It was the middle of the night and happened so fast. My mom brought Lily the next morning and another friend came to keep me company so DH could go to work. Yeah, he went to work just hours after having a baby. My sister, my SIL and her two girls, our good friends and my MIL came to visit later that evening
September 27th, 2011, 07:07 AM
Kittynoah's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
When I delivered - it was DH, my mom, my MIL, and my two sisters! It was a nice little party. I like it because I had my own cheering section. My SIL, BIL, FIL and others were in the waiting room. This time I'm going to let my mom, sisters and MIL but no one waiting. I didn't like feeling rushed to BF so that people could come meet the baby. They can all come the next day - and NO kids (except Jed of course).

I had a few friends and my mom came back the next day to visit. My sister came with my neices. I am doing a no kid rule this time because of flu season.

September 27th, 2011, 07:25 AM
Shea131's Avatar Peyton Rylee's Mommy!!
DF and my mom were in the delivery room with me and in the waiting room was my dad, 3 best friends, grandma, and MIL. I think that's all. Now throughout the hospital stay my aunt, cousin & his gf, close family friends, another cousin and then of course the people that were in the waiting room came back to visit the next days.

Not to take over the thread but an additional question that has to do with hospital stays.......did your SO stay the night in the hospital with you? DF went home both nights to sleep in our bed as opposed to the tiny couch that there's no way he would have fit on and came back the next morning and spent the days with us

Thank you Quantum_Leap for my fabulous signature!!!
September 27th, 2011, 07:31 AM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
DH slept in the hospital room with me both times. The rooms were tiny and they had this chair that pulled out to be a bed. DH said it was the most uncomfortable thing ever. That's why we only stayed one night after Abri was born.
September 27th, 2011, 08:15 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I was in the hospital from Thursday night - then i went home Wednesday afternoon. (M was born Saturday). Dh stayed all the way up until Sunday night then Sunday and Monday night he went to his dads house (a few minutes from the hospital, we were three hours from home remember) to get a better nights sleep and shower and stuff. My mom stayed those nights then went to my house to get it ready for me to come home and dh came back for Tues night

September 27th, 2011, 08:27 AM
mylene169's Avatar Kaija and Kolbie's Mommy
Send a message via AIM to mylene169 Send a message via Yahoo to mylene169
Only DH was with me with both girls. We don't live near family so there wasn't really anyone else I would have asked to be with me either time. With both of them as soon as we were checked in to the hospital and told I was officially in labor we called my parents so they could make the 7 hour drive out. DH spent both nights both times. Kolbie was born so late in the day that her Dr. wouldn't let us go home after only one night because she wasn't 24 hours old yet...I was pretty annoyed especially since he didn't show up at a reasonable time to discharge her the next day (I do give him a little leeway since it was a Sunday, but still). He also said something to me about probably wanting another "quiet night" since I already have one at home Good thing he's not our regular Dr....

The only people that visited us with either girl were my parents and brother, then Kaija when Kolbie was born. With Kaija we didn't have many friends since we'd only been living here a year. It was kind of the same with Kolbie. We did have a few friends but none that were really visit immediately after birth worthy.
September 27th, 2011, 09:59 AM
CanadianLou's Avatar Laura - mom of 3
Only Dh all 3 times.

DH spent the night all 3 times as well.

For Rylee it was 5 nights
For Alivia it was 2 nights
For Liam it was 1 night

Tons of people visited when I had Rylee. That is because rules were different and we lived back in my home province.

For Alivia and Liam only Parents, Grandparents and siblings of the baby are allowed

For Alivia my mom, MIL and Rylee visited.
For Liam my mom visited.

Thank you Meganpixel for the most fantastic siggy!

September 27th, 2011, 10:00 AM
mimi81's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Just dh was in the room with me. Noone was in the waiting room but I had lots of visitors after she was born. My mom, dad. Brother. MIl FIL 3SILs and 4 friends came.

[IMG][/IMG]

September 27th, 2011, 10:05 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to MrsTiffy Send a message via Yahoo to MrsTiffy
With my dd my mom and dh were in the room with me.
With my ds my dh and a friend were in the room with me.
With Alex it was just dh in there.
Every time my dh stayed in the hospital with me, and slept in the hospital bed with me. With my dd the first night the nurse didn't realize he was in the bed with me, and tried to take his bp instead of mine. It was so funny when he woke up and they both jumped. Lol.

Vivian (6)
Caden (5)
Alex (2)
Maura born 9/11/12

September 27th, 2011, 10:27 AM
Platinum Supermommy
With Lily, there was DH, my best friend and one of DH's sisters in the room when I delivered. My stepdad came to visit, my BIL and a few others came to visit, but I didn't really want visitors. We were there for 24 hours after the birth and DH spent the night.

With Vi, I was at home. In the room when I delivered it was just DH and the midwives. My stepdad, my best friend and Lily were all downstairs.

September 27th, 2011, 10:57 AM
lauriebeth's Avatar mommy to Riley Grace
When I had Riley, just DH was in the room. My parents had been in and out through the day (until push time) and my brother and his GF at the time, my aunt, and my grandmother also made stops in to see us or let David get some food. When I was pushing, I had an entourage waiting in the lobby of the hospital (they deserve medals since they lasted all 4 hours that I pushed). My mom and dad, aunt and uncle, grandmother, very close family friends and their teenage daughters, cousins, and my brother and his gf were there. Most of them took turns coming up to say a brief hello after delivery. That was fine, but I almost hope the crowd isn't so large this time.

We had a few visitors the next day but they were all family members.

DH did stay in the hospital with me. I don't think you could have paid him to stay away from us.

Thank you Meganpixel for my adorable siggy!

For crocheted hats and hair accessories visit *Daisy Cottage Designs* on Etsy!
September 27th, 2011, 11:12 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Both times it was just dh. We don't live around family either but even if. We did I wouldn't want anyone else there. The first time we didn't have any visitors and this time I had a co worker come and my brothers gf who was watching Rachel came with her. We were only there a day though so that's it!

Dh stayed in the room both times as well. Two nights with Rachel, one with Cole.
September 27th, 2011, 12:13 PM
Shea131's Avatar Peyton Rylee's Mommy!!
Wow guess I'm the only one that sent my SO home at night lol! I figured somebody might as well be getting good sleep!

Thank you Quantum_Leap for my fabulous signature!!!
September 27th, 2011, 01:54 PM
palmetto_moon's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hmmm. let me try to remember for each birth.

Drew- I didn't let anyone at all in the room. Albert was in MCT school for the marine corps and the red cross couldn't contact him until after the birth. My mom was outside the door but I didn't want anyone inside.

Emanuel- Just Albert.

Brandon- Just Albert

Jackson- Albert, my mom, my sister and I think my niece who was just a baby.

Brice- Albert, Drew, Emanuel, Brandon, Jackson, my SIL and her little boy

Isaiah and Alexandria- Just Albert as it was a C-section

Sydney- just Albert

Kambree- Albert, my friend Ora and my midwife's daughter, Ashley

Mia- Albert, my mom and my midwife's daughter Ashley

Thank you Kiliki for my awesome siggy!

visit our family blog at www.stalkedbythestork.com
September 27th, 2011, 02:17 PM
Kittynoah's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Shea - I sent my hubby home the first night! I delivered Jed at about 7:30, so by 9:30, we were cleaned and settled. I was sending Jed to the nursery to try and catch some sleep and didn't think it was necessary for DH to stay. Plus, if he worked half a day the next day - he would have enough time for the rest of the two weeks off! So he went to work that Monday and my mom came and stayed with me at the hospital. DH showed up about 2 pm, and spent that night with me.

This time I think I will send him home again. There is no point in both of us being in uncomfortable beds! Plus I think it would be good for him to go spend time with Jed since I will be away from him.

September 27th, 2011, 02:45 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shea131 View Post
Wow guess I'm the only one that sent my SO home at night lol! I figured somebody might as well be getting good sleep!
I tried to get dh to go home this time around for this exact reason. I knew it would be impossible to get a good nights rest in the hospital and wants one of us to be rested...especially since we were up all the night before because I was in labor. He still want to stay though.
September 27th, 2011, 03:08 PM
sandpaper06's Avatar Mom of 3 darlings
For both, it was only DH in the room with me. Although that's only because my sister was late. She was going to spend the whole time, but I didn't want her to stay up all night for no reason. She came about 4 minutes after everyone cleared out.

Spending the night, for DS the hospital wasn't very full, so they found a roll-away bed for him. He stayed both nights. For Lauren, I sent him home the first night so DS would only have one night away from us...but he came back and slept on that really uncomfortable bed/chair the next night. I had both kids on a Friday so he didn't need to go into work. Although he did do that on Monday for Lauren since we were home.

Visitors were all family. For L we had almost all our siblings come to the hospital with their kids. So my brother, 2 sisters, my parents, DH's 2 sisters. For DS very few people came to visit since it was the middle of flu season and DS was in the NICU. When people did come, I sent DH to the NICU with the adults and stayed in the room with our nieces and nephews.
Caroline - November '12

September 27th, 2011, 06:00 PM
Bosley's Avatar Hillary
I was in labor foreeeever (27 hours, about 15 of them at the hospital) so for the first several hours it was me and Jamie's bio dad Roberto. Then Roberto's partner Paul joined us. Since it took so long, my mom was able to get a nights sleep and then fly all the way from Florida and still get there before I had Jamie!!! Then my SIL and nieces arrived (of course assuming they would get there after the baby was born) so by evening it was Roberto, Paul, my mom, my brother, my SIL and my two nieces. A regular party!!! At dinner time they all ate the sushi that was supposed to be my post-labor treat.

When it was actually time to push Roberto and my mom stayed in the room. Since the labor was so long and Jamie's heart rate had dropped several times we also had the doctor, a resident (who actually delivered the baby with the doc's supervision), a couple of nurses, an entire NICU team AND students!!!!! All in all there were over 15 people in the room but it wasn't as horrible as it sounds. The NICU team and the students stood in the corner waiting by the area where they clean up the baby and were very quiet and respectful - almost forgot they were there.

Since we had been up for 40-something hours (Jamie was born 1am) Roberto stayed in my room that night. Our hospital has nice big couches that are big enough to be beds and they give the dads blankets, pillows, etc. So many visitors over the next two days that I was both relieved and lonely at night when it was just me.

September 27th, 2011, 06:01 PM
frgsonmysox's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to frgsonmysox Send a message via MSN to frgsonmysox Send a message via Yahoo to frgsonmysox
For Anthony it was Chris, my doula, and Chris's mom. Chris stayed in the hospital the whole time too, all night and all day.

For Anastasia, David, and Charlie it was just Chris and he went home at night to take care of the other kids.

This time my mom is supposed to be there!!! I am so excited!@
~Beth~ Wife to my Airman Chris, and mommy to: Anthony Nathaniel (8/31/04), Anastasia Fae (8/01/06), Baby C (lost on 10/12/07), David Cillian (7/31/08), Charles George (4/29/10), and Alan Christopher (2/22/12)

My BLOG - A Day In The Life of a Freg (it's a little bit of everything!)

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search