Christmas/Hanukah/ holiday stash

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 29th, 2011, 07:57 AM
palmetto_moon's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Apologies if we've already had a thread like this. What all have you guys accumulated so far (or are planning to buy) for your LO? What about other kids? Spouses? Family?

Thank you Kiliki for my awesome siggy!

visit our family blog at www.stalkedbythestork.com
September 29th, 2011, 08:04 AM
Kittynoah's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have nothing for Jed or the new baby! But I have gotten a few gifts for neices and nephews and one BIL that I have found on clearance throughout the year.

I'm not sure that I'll buy the baby anything - and I'll only get Jed a few things since he gets so many presents from his grandparents.

I do want him to get either a play kitchen or play bbq grill - so if grandparents are going to get that - I'll splurge and buy it for him.

September 29th, 2011, 08:10 AM
JaxonsMom2010's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I plan on making the nieces/nephew knitted scarves in their favorite color (have only started on one)

I have bought my older kids each a color by number kit, my oldest son a book and my daughter a stamped cross stitch kit.

I am making my daughter a quilt for her bed. I just need to baste and quilt it.

I plan on making them each a pair of pjs.

I have nothing bought or started for Jaxon yet. I am bad about giving him what I bought.

I plan on making knitted dishcloths and personalize kitchen towels for my mom and grandmother.

I can't plan on making/buying anything for husband's family yet because we always draw names.

I think I will just buy my stepdad and brother a gift card to their fave resturant.

I have no clue what to get hubby. I may try to finish the t-shirt blanket I started a few years ago.

Money is a bit tight this year, so I need to start planning and working on the plan better.

September 29th, 2011, 08:17 AM
palmetto_moon's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have hit up a few clearance sales and netted quite a bit from there. I found a toy clearance at Target a few months back and was able to get several board games, wrestling action figures, a disney princess magic mirror, moon sand, and some crafty girly stuff all for just a few bucks each. I also have a layaway started a Kmart with a big battery operated car for the little kids (it will be shared by the little ones) and some WWE bedding sets for Brice and Isaiah, baseball and football cards, baby dolls and a few other random things.

I still feel like there is so much stuff I need to find for the oldest three. They are so much harder to buy for.
And of course Mia. I have only bought/ put a couple things in layaway for her. Since we have a two, three and five year old girl as well, it's so hard finding things she needs!

Thank you Kiliki for my awesome siggy!

visit our family blog at www.stalkedbythestork.com
September 29th, 2011, 08:18 AM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
Nothing yet for the girls, but my idea is to go ahead and decorate the room they are going to share once Abri turns two. Then Lily can just move right in after Christmas. Other than that I think I'm going to do the 4 gift thing: something to read, something they need, something they want, and something to wear.

I just got started on other gifts. Avon has some super cute tights that are coming out in their next catalog. I preordered those for my niece and got her some holiday lip gloss and lotion. I plan on making some burp cloths and a onesie for my nephew (he's not due until Nov. 12). I will make a hair bow holder for my new niece (due in 2 weeks).
September 29th, 2011, 08:23 AM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaxonsMom2010 View Post
I am making my daughter a quilt for her bed. I just need to baste and quilt it.
Christy do you want to do that for me too? my mom pieced a quilt for me years ago but never quilted it
September 29th, 2011, 08:50 AM
mylene169's Avatar Kaija and Kolbie's Mommy
Send a message via AIM to mylene169 Send a message via Yahoo to mylene169
I've been thinking about attempting to piece a quilt for Kolbie. Last year I made her a giant tied fleece blanket but she can't really use it on her bed. I've got a boat load of scraps from when I made her bedding and I can still get the fabric so I was thinking of making a toddler bed sized quilt. We'll see...

Other than that I haven't thought about Christmas at all!
September 29th, 2011, 09:08 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Michael is getting
- Little tikes Grill
- Refridgerator thing with the alphabet and animals
- Toy laptop
- Dump truck with those big lego blocks in the back
- Books
- Puzzle
- Diaper
Step daughter
- Digital camera
- Video game
- Board game
- Decorate your own headband kit
- Maybe books (but she just got A TON of them a couple months ago)
Mom
- A sign for her deck that’s going to read “slippery when wet” – im planning to woodburn it
- And also I’m going to make these with M, SD, and my two nieces. My moms house is a beachy theme http://www.uncommongoods.com/product...rce=BasketPage
Sister
- Seed Kit – she likes to garden and they want to buy a house soon. http://www.uncommongoods.com/product...rce=BasketPage
BIL - Cycle care kit. CYCLE CARE KIT | Bicycle, Travel Kit, Bike Wash, Bike Wax, Chrome Polish, Gear Oil, Insect Repellant | UncommonGoods

My moms best friend/roommate – sometimes shes there for our holidays so I gotta include her so we just get her something small
http://www.uncommongoods.com/product...rce=BasketPage
Niece Madeline (approximately 2 months old) – sister wants functional things so I’m going to get her a Flip diaper in Lovelace with extra liners and I also have a little random rattle that I picked up somewhere and some babylegs that I got from Pampers Poiints
Niece Kaitlynn (16 months) – books, puzzle… maybe an outfit if budget allows
Dh – don’t know yet.

I dont usually get my older nieces and nephew anything (when they were little, and i was little i always "got" them their christmas jammies even though my mom paid... which she still does, so i just help her pick those)

I’m asking for a waffle maker from dh, Rachel Ray cookware set from my mom and a bread maker from the inlaws.
We don’t have a huge budget this year  so I’m trying to find inexpensive things that will actually mean a lot rather then just filling the room with “stuff”. I’m trying to get ALL of our presents with either Amazon cards from Swagbucks or money I’ve made doing online surveys – the only thing we’re planning to buy “out of pocket” right now is whatever I want to get dh, but that totally depends on how much money I end up making from surveys by December (I’ve almost reached my “goal” and its not even October yet!

Last edited by Sam914; September 29th, 2011 at 09:13 AM.
September 29th, 2011, 09:18 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Oh and i've also got a couple of things for M's stocking stashed already

September 29th, 2011, 09:53 AM
Platinum Supermommy
We do a Santa gift, a sibling gift and then 4 gifts (one to wear, one to read, one they need, one they want). Plus, stockings and a new pair of pjs for Christmas Eve.

So far, I have books for the "read" gift stashed away.

Lily wants a Fisher Price iXL, which will be her Santa gift if I get it. I'm still unsure about it.

I have to take each girl to pick out their sibling gift. And I still need to get their wear, want and need gifts. DH may build them a bookcase for the need one...not sure yet. I want to get Vi a Radian car seat and save the older Britax for new baby, but again not sure if I'll do that for Christmas.

No clue on DH. His birthday is in November and I have to figure that out first

My sister/BIL, I usually send a personalized photo calendar with pics of the girls and then some gift cards. My parents don't like getting gifts. My brother, I usually send a gift card to Cabela's since he hunts and camps a ton.

DH has 6 sisters + their spouses + 8 nieces/nephews. We buy gifts for all the nieces/nephews and usually do gift cards for his siblings.

I have a bunch of friends to buy for and don't know what I'm getting them yet either.

September 29th, 2011, 11:06 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to MrsTiffy Send a message via Yahoo to MrsTiffy
Dh and I are getting our vacation. That is covering Christmas and our anniversary. Parents, grandparents, and siblings will be getting family pics of us.
Vivian will be getting princess and tinkerbell stuff for her room, a book shelf, a ton of books, clothes, a hand held game, some nail polish, hair bows, a bike, and a few other things. Caden will be getting toy story 3 stuff for his room, a book shelf, books, clothes, a hand held game, a bike, some nerf guns, and some race tracks for his hotwheels. Alex will be getting clothes, some books, a few toys, a cozy coupe car thing, and some cars. At least that is all I have decided on so far. They will be sharing a sand box and some outside toys also. I am not sure what to get our nieces and nephews. I was thinking about making them some crazy hats, but I am not sure if I will have time or not.

Vivian (6)
Caden (5)
Alex (2)
Maura born 9/11/12

September 29th, 2011, 12:08 PM
dbarney's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We have everything done for all the kids except the sibling toy and cloths. We always get them one big toy/item they all share then a main gift for them and cloths after that. Both kids just went through a major growth spurt a month ago so we are waiting to see if we should still get them more cloths, bigger cloths to grow into or do something else.

September 29th, 2011, 12:46 PM
Max n Meghan's Mom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I've been doing a pinterest list and that's about it. I plan to start shopping this coming month.

Thank you for my beautiful siggy, *Kiliki*!Visit My Blog

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search