Friday Facts!

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 30th, 2011, 09:00 AM
Shea131's Avatar Peyton Rylee's Mommy!!
Post 10 random facts about you, your LO, family, or anything!! Just random facts!

I'll start...
1. I hate housework
2. Peyton and I are meeting a friend for lunch today!
3. I have 2 cats (Lucy & Daisy)
4. Peyton's favorite show is Mickey Mouse Clubhouse
5. I've lived in the same town my whole life
6. Just in the time I've known DF (8.5 years) he's lived in 7 different houses
7. My dad adopted me when I was around 8 but has been in my life since I was 2.
8. I wear a size 8.5/9 shoe
9. My kitchen towels never match the season it is (I will have a snowman dish towel out in the middle of summer). I should really just get all neutral ones because of this lol
10. I hope to TTC next fall!!

Ok, ready go!

Thank you Quantum_Leap for my fabulous signature!!!
September 30th, 2011, 09:23 AM
Racine's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Haha! Shea, I have a valentine's dish towel out right now

1. I'm going on a date tonight downtown and I cannot wait!

2. I'm trying to grow my hair out a tinge so I can dye the front blonde, pink and purple

3. I have had a load of laundry in the wash since last night, should be putting it in the dryer but I probably won't until tomorrow. Don't ask me why.

4. My husband really is my best friend, there is no one I'd rather talk to or be with.

5. I had a barbie cake topper on my wedding cake.

6. I weigh 15 pounds less than I did when I got pregnant the first time, and I have never been healthier or happier.

7. I'm so anxious for our puppy to be born, I could burst.

8. I could eat Mexican food every day.

9. I want to get my eyebrow pierced.

10. I love all you ladies!

Thank you, Meganpixel, for my awesome siggy!

September 30th, 2011, 09:29 AM
CanadianLou's Avatar Laura - mom of 3
1. I have moved over 30 times in my life
2. I met Dh on the internet on a random chat, he lived across the country from me.
3. Alivia's favorite show is the Wiggles and she has her own 'baby sign' for it.
4. Alivia wears a size 3 shoe.
5. I love Florida and we got married there in 2009.
6. I barely ever do laundry or dishes, dh does those jobs most of the time.
7. I like Bingo
8. We are driving to British Columbia for Thanksgiving
9. My grandparents raised me until I was 5.
10. Alivia LOVES Yogurt!

Thank you Meganpixel for the most fantastic siggy!

September 30th, 2011, 10:34 AM
lauriebeth's Avatar mommy to Riley Grace
1. I have lived on the same street for over 25 years.

2. Riley spends a ridiculous amount of time with my dad and they both LOVE it.

3. Our TV lives in our coat closet and probably hasn't been out in over a year.

4. I enjoy watching the FL Gators and secretly hope Alabama loses every time they play, even though my DH loves them.

5. Riley loves to "wear" lipstick and asks for more every time she seems me put it on.

6. I never had a pet other than a goldfish growing up (unless you count the two finches that lasted at our house for about 3 days).

7. I struggle with having it all together. In my head I'm an organized perfectionist. In reality, not so much.

8. My husband is the pianist at our church and I'm the "backup."

9. I love Ritz crackers with cream cheese icing on them.

10. As of the last time I weighed, I've only gained 1 lb. in the first 15 weeks of this pregnancy!

Thank you Meganpixel for my adorable siggy!

For crocheted hats and hair accessories visit *Daisy Cottage Designs* on Etsy!
September 30th, 2011, 11:34 AM
dbarney's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
1. Every person I have ever dated I meet at work
2. Brighton as a wall.E blanket named wall.E and now all blankets are called Wall.E's
3. Since Brighton I cna't eat pot pies but I love to make them.
4. DH buys my cloths becasue I can't match and don't know style.
5. DH and Brighton both have a sleep disorder that make them sleep walk and talk in there sleep.
6. I LOVE Drama!
7. Kerrington like to take off DH's socks every night.
8. We bought our house and I lived in it by myself for 4 month before we got married.
9. I changed how we eat without talking to DH and he hasn't really noticed yet.
10. I started 4 new projects for the kids play room this week.

September 30th, 2011, 01:01 PM
JaxonsMom2010's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
1. I collect shot glasses from everywhere we visit but I don't drink.
2. Jaxon laughes everytime he sees the dandruff commercial when the girl drops her fork so she can scratch. He cracks up. The only thing on TV that he laughs at.
3. I am very limber and can put my foot behind my head.
4. I can't wear socks without putting lotion on my toes (only my toes) and have since 6th grade.
5. Jaxon would rather watch the program guide channel than cartoons.
6. My middle son sleeps with his kindermat in his bed.
7. My oldest son doesn't sleep under his top sheet. He prefers just his comforter.
8. My daughter keeps her shoes on top of furniture - sometimes on her dresser, sometimes in her bed.
9. I deep clean when I am mad at someone close to me. (dh knows to stay away when I start deep-cleaning).
10. I have known my husband since I was 9 years old.

September 30th, 2011, 02:07 PM
Platinum Supermommy
1. I have a craft room stuffed with projects I've started that I haven't finished
2. I'm addicted to gossip magazines
3. I've been to 12 countries outside of the United States and 11 of those are outside of North America
4. My family still owns the deeds to our property in North Korea (we left before Korea was split in 2)
5. I'm very close to my sister and half-brother, even though my half-brother didn't see us for 16 years after my dad died, and he only got in contact with us a few years before that.
6. My girls are in love with my parents and I'm really glad they live with us
7. I really like doing puzzles, but haven't done one for a while because I'm scared the girls will lose a piece (not counting the kids puzzles of course)
8. I love musicals
9. My best friend and I have never hugged each other. We just poke our pointer fingers together
10. Crying makes me extremely uncomfortable

October 1st, 2011, 08:51 AM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
1. I can blow bubbles out of my tear ducts because I had surgery on my blocked tear ducts as a toddler

2. I am a huge history nerd. The Renaissance Festival is my idea of a good time in the fall including wearing a costume.

3. I used to be really good at playing the clarinet and regret quitting.

4. I am the tallest in my immediate family at 5'11". My sister is 5'9" and my parents are both 5'8"

5. I had a lot of OCD tendencies in middle and high school. A few have continued, but I am a lot better now.

6. I suck at doing hair. My poor girls will only have three ways of wearing their hair- ponytail, half up, or all down.

7. I would love to be a personal shopper at a high end store or bridal salon

8. I love trying new crafts

9. DH and I bought our first house the year before we got married.

10. I put in the tile backsplash in our kitchen
October 1st, 2011, 11:05 AM
Racine's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I love the vulnerability in these posts...you ladies are so precious.

Thank you, Meganpixel, for my awesome siggy!

October 1st, 2011, 01:46 PM
fibigrey's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to fibigrey
1. I have a HUGE scar on my left arm, below my arm pit.. its pretty noticable. I like to tell people I got bit by a shark.. you'd be suprised how many people believe that.. I've mastered the serious face.

2. I can't stand seafood.

3. I LOVE veggies, but there are only a few fruits I like, and usually I only like them once in a great while.

4. I secretely want to get married again because I hate the gown I wore at my first wedding. lol. I told DH our 10 year anni- I want a vow renewal just so I can buy and wear another dress.

5.My DS won't poop in the toilet using the toilet seat, he puts it up and uses the actual toilet bowl to sit on.. I have no idea why, and I've tried with no avail to get him to stop. ugh.

6. My entire life I have been incapable of keeping my bedroom clean. There are clothes EVERYWHERE. I can put them away one day, and the next they are ALL over again.

7. Audrey loves this show on the baby channel called "meo, mow" I think thats what its called.. Its a show of clay kitties that talk jibberish.. she is GLUED to the TV when its on, but I think it only last 10 or 15 minutes. lol

8. My son was addicted to sesame street as a baby/toddler, and if a show comes on that he watched, chances are I know it by heart.. I know so many sesame street songs its not even funny.

9. I once had my eyebrow and lip pierced, 7 holes combined in my ears, and I had short spikey and red hair

10. My step dad is 85, and my mom JUST turned 50.
October 1st, 2011, 09:21 PM
Shantastic27's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
First, I just want to say that I love these!!!

1. I'm pretty sure that Livi is developing some form of OCD...we have wood floors and she despises having any sort of dirt on her feet and makes either dh or I clean her feet off several times daily.

2. I'm obsessed with TTC right now.

3. I can bend my pinky fingers all the way backward to touch the back of my hand.

4. I have a new addiction to Starbucks Iced Green Tea---without water. Give it a try--it's kind of amazing.

5. My foot is asleep right now.

6. I have been entirely too MIA from here and reading this has made me realize how much I miss you girls!

7. My two best friends and I just celebrated our ten year anniversary of being best friends a couple weeks ago, and it was pretty awesome!

8. Livi and I go to a music class every Saturday and it's one of the highlights of my week.

9. The house that we moved into in May just doesn't feel like home. It's hard to be here.

10. Sometimes I look at my little family and can't believe how amazingly blessed I am and wonder what I ever did to deserve this life.

October 2nd, 2011, 10:09 AM
Shea131's Avatar Peyton Rylee's Mommy!!
I love these! It's awesome to learn random things about you ladies!!

Quote:
Haha! Shea, I have a valentine's dish towel out right now
HAHAHA Love this!

Quote:
6. I barely ever do laundry or dishes, dh does those jobs most of the time.
Laura - you are so lucky!

Quote:
1. I can blow bubbles out of my tear ducts because I had surgery on my blocked tear ducts as a toddler
This is crazy and makes my eyes water!! lol

Quote:
9. The house that we moved into in May just doesn't feel like home. It's hard to be here.
I hope this gets better for you Shannon!

Thank you Quantum_Leap for my fabulous signature!!!
October 3rd, 2011, 09:42 AM
J-V221's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
1.) I hate wearing socks
2.) My sheets cannot be wrinkled or bunched before I get into bed
3.) I don't paint my finger nails, but my toe nails must be painted at all times
4.) I like the sound of my makeup cases clinking together
5.) I cannot walk barefoot in the grass or in a farm yard (totally grosses me out!!)
6.) Biggest peeve is when people answer their cell phone and get mad that I called when they were doing something important. Don't answer your phone then!
7.) I cannot bake worth a darn, but I am a wonderful cook.
8.) I love to fish in a boat, but I do not like ice fishing
9.) When eating a meal I have to eat in equal portions (ex: potato, corn and a meat. I have to have a last bite with all three at the same time. I don't like eating one portion at a time)
10.) I am way to busy for my own good
October 3rd, 2011, 12:03 PM
mylene169's Avatar Kaija and Kolbie's Mommy
Send a message via AIM to mylene169 Send a message via Yahoo to mylene169
1. DH and I don't share a blanket. We each have our own comforter and I gave up on having a flat sheet when we started living together since he hates having his feet trapped.
2. This might be one of the Top 10 Best Threads I've ever seen, Shea rocks!
3. I have exactly zero concept of time. I mean, I know how long it's been since something happened but a month can go by and I don't even realize it. I often tell myself I'm going to go to bed at midnight and often am up until 1 and I don't notice until DH sends me a message from work telling me to go to bed. (We chat on Yahoo messenger after he gets to work every night)
4. I almost never finish any craft projects I start and I now have 5-6 that I need to work on. I might be crazy. But this is also why I could never have an etsy shop.
5. I hate hate hate hate hate nail polish. It feels like lead weights tied to my fingers and toes. I just can't do it.
6. I sell Avon and don't wear makeup. I'm a conundrum wrapped in an enigma
7. I miss my family like crazy but we're so tied to living here that I'm afraid we'll never get back to Michigan permanently while the girls are young.
8. I'm afraid we'll never been financially stable again and that we'll never be able to finish our family because of that.
9. I have no idea what I want to be when I grow up and that makes DH crazy.
10. Until 10 min. ago I hadn't had a Coke in about a week. I now want to barf. That actually makes me very sad because I really love Coke.
October 3rd, 2011, 01:38 PM
Kittynoah's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I love this thread! We are such a unique group of ladies.

1. I love my house. I had it built before I even met DH and so I picked everything out. I feel so safe and comfortable here.

2. I have to sleep with 4 pillows - 2 under my head, a body pillow and a pillow against my back. And I can't be touching DH!

3. I won't eat any "weird" cheese. If it doesn't melt in the microwave - I won't eat it. I hate cottage cheese, ricotta, blue cheese, gouda, goat, etc. Yet, I'll eat velveeta!

4. I had finally become okay with being single for the rest of my life when I met DH. We got married one year from when we met!

5. I still go to church every Sunday with my whole family.

6. I love teaching. I feel like I have the perfect job to balance work and family.

7. I had a severe eating disorder for many years. At one point I was in treatment with a feeding tube. I was worried I wouldn't be able to have kids, but have been totally blessed with Jed and this baby.

8. I am obsessed with reality tv shows - especially TLC shows.

9. I am totally uncoordinated and terrible at sports.

10. I love to read, but I never have time anymore.

October 3rd, 2011, 02:14 PM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
Quote:
Originally Posted by mylene169 View Post
8. I'm afraid we'll never been financially stable again and that we'll never be able to finish our family because of that.
9. I have no idea what I want to be when I grow up and that makes DH crazy.
Ditto.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search