Friday Friends!

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 7th, 2011, 01:09 PM
Shea131's Avatar Peyton Rylee's Mommy!!
How many close friends do you ladies have?? I'm just wondering how this varies from person to person and we needs some activity on this board today!! And by close I mean that you talk to, see, or interact with on a regular basis.

I have 2 close girl friends! One a little closer than the other that I tell practically everything to but both I'm close with! My one BFF I talk to practically everyday (maybe every other some days) and see at least once or twice a week on average. The other I talk to at LEAST once a week and probably see her once every couple of weeks if not more.

What about you??!!

Thank you Quantum_Leap for my fabulous signature!!!
October 7th, 2011, 01:50 PM
JaxonsMom2010's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have three. One I work with, one is my cousin (who is like a sister instead) and then one from high school. It is kind of funny that the close friend from high school we didn't become close friends until after high school and we got married.

The one I work with I see at least everyday, and we make a point to go to lunch together at least once a week. She was my rock during my miscarriage that I had before Jaxon.

And then my cousin - I call or text her ALL of the time. She has a little boy that is only 2 1/2 weeks older than Jaxon. And they are the best of friends too.

I also have some good friends at church (they are sisters) that I would consider fairly close too.

October 7th, 2011, 02:09 PM
dbarney's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I would say I have 3 but they have been more FB and a few text kind of friends the last 3-4 months. It's mostly becasue they moved and with there kids in school finding time has been almost none excising.

I have to say the closest BFF I have that I can say almost anything to is eitehr my mom or DH. I know it might sound cheesy but I'm not a very good in person friend maker and keeping them becasue I'm a little shy and not very good at going out of my way kind person. I have a fear pf people judging me.

October 7th, 2011, 03:17 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Honestly... no girl friends. I just have my sister who i talk too everyday so i guess she would be 1

October 7th, 2011, 03:27 PM
Racine's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Diana, I'm sure if you put yourself out there, people would just love you...we do

I have four good friends. One I've known since 5th grade, we haven't lived in the same state since we were 14 but I would spend weekends at her house all through high school. We text each other almost daily and still try to meet up whenever we can.

One I've known since 8th grade, she introduced Dan and I in high school. We get together with her and her husband once a month or so.

Another is my sister in law, I think I love her most of all

The other I've known since senior year of high school when were in the school play together. She's the one I do the most with since she's the only one that lives close. We try to get together for a girls' night at least once a month.

Thank you, Meganpixel, for my awesome siggy!

October 7th, 2011, 03:41 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I have 6 that I talk to at least weekly. 3 of those I talk to daily (usually by email or text). One of them is my "best friend" and we've known each other for 10 years now. We met the first day of college. She lives about 30 minutes away, but with her work, etc we only see each other a few times a month.

The other 5 are women that I met in playgroup when Lily was a baby. All of them have their first kid right around Lily's age. We all talk often and most of us live in the same town. The one I'm closest to just moved to TX though But the rest of us get together often and we're all going to the pumpkin patch Monday. We do holiday parties, playdates, etc. And we go out just us women as well without the kids. We've all gotten really close to each other over the years and tell each other pretty much everything.

October 7th, 2011, 04:54 PM
mylene169's Avatar Kaija and Kolbie's Mommy
Send a message via AIM to mylene169 Send a message via Yahoo to mylene169
I don't really have many... 2 I guess if you don't count my sister. One, like Shelley, I met the first day of college and we're still fairly close, though we're starting to drift a bit I think. She lives about 2 hours away and we see each other a couple times a year. We try to talk once a month but I think it was the end of August when we last talked. Kaija and her oldest were due 5 days apart and are exactly 2 weeks apart. Everyone thought we planned it that's how close we were. The other I met about a year ago at church. She parents very similarly to me even though personality wise we are very different. She's got 2 DD's - one is almost 5 and the other turned 3 this summer. We had been doing playdates weekly but she went back to school this fall and I watch her girls 1 day a week instead. She pays me in coffee because I couldn't justify having her pay me money for 2-3 hours of doing the same thing I do when it's just my girls.
October 7th, 2011, 06:24 PM
lauriebeth's Avatar mommy to Riley Grace
I have 4 or 5 close girl friends. They're all from church, so I see them very regularly (4 times a week usually), but I see one more than the rest. We walk 5 miles a couple of nights a week so we talk more than the others. One of them is the maid of honor from my wedding... we're at totally different points in life (her kids are 15 and 11), but we're still very close. I call her for advice and we talk about parenting a lot.

My closest friend is definitely DH. I'm comfortable with my friends, but I tell DH everything and know how he'll respond. I love my friends, but there's something in me that just isn't willing to be as open with them. DH probably wishes I would go to them with all of my "girl talk."

Thank you Meganpixel for my adorable siggy!

For crocheted hats and hair accessories visit *Daisy Cottage Designs* on Etsy!
October 7th, 2011, 07:21 PM
Shantastic27's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have two besties who are like my sisters. I don't see them too often, just because we don't live in the same area anymore. We actually just celebrated our ten year anniversary this August! We met as freshman in college .

I have a lot of girlfriends, too many to keep up with it seems like. I still have 2 girls from high school that I'm super close with, and then people that I've worked with throughout the years. I make friends pretty easily, and I make it a priority to keep up with my friendships. My DH is of course one of my best friends too . He knows me better than anyone!

October 8th, 2011, 04:44 PM
sandpaper06's Avatar Mom of 3 darlings
If you don't count family members, I'm afraid I'm at 0. I'm socially awkward, a total mess in my home so I don't invite others over and just in general meshed better with guys, but now that all of them (and me) are married, it doesn't feel right to spend as much talking with them. Basically, I'm a horrible friend. So the talking every week and texting bit doesn't happen unless we're meeting up. I do have friends I love more, but I don't talk with them more than once or twice a month.

Wow. I suck.
Caroline - November '12

October 9th, 2011, 04:31 AM
LisaBrown's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have my sister and 3 other really close friends friends. I see my sister way too often because she works in my house and owns the company DH works for...good thing we're so close! My friends I try to keep up with on FB and we try to have a girls night every month or two, but 3 of us have kids and we're all super busy, so we're not really the type to talk on the phone a whole lot, we'd rather meet up occasionally and gab all night long to catch up. But I know I can turn to them if I need to.

I also have another friend who was my best friend from kindergarden until we went to University and then we kind of lost touch a bit, but now we've sort of reconnected a bit so that's a good feeling to be back in touch with her more frequently. I still have a lot more girlfriends like ladies I've worked with or went to school with and two of my cousins to name a few, but I don't see them as often and wouldn't tell them as much about my personal life as I would my 3 besties.

I might be cheesy too, but DH is by far my best friend in the world...he's the only one I'll tell absolutely anything to.

October 10th, 2011, 08:39 AM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
I have a few good friends that are local. One i met through Junior League a few years ago. We were just acquaintances until recently we started running together twice a week. I really enjoy her company and the hour of chit chat while we run. Another girl I met through work. We got along great, got pregnant with our firsts at the same time, both had miscarriages around the same time, and then got pregnant again together with our seconds. Her son and Lily play well together too. I'm hoping they'll get married someday! My other local friend used to be our neighbor. DH and her husband are good friends so it was easy to be friends with her. She and I are very similar in personality (very shy) and yet we both have very loud and outgoing DHs. She was at the hospital when I had Lily and I was at the hospital when she had her daughter.

If you count family, I'm pretty close to my sister and SIL who are also both local. It's so easy to hang out with them and let our girls play together.

I have two other good friends that aren't local. My best friend from high school. We talk on the phone once a week or every other week. My best friend from college I email mostly. They both live far away and neither have kids so it's hard for me to see them as much as I would like. I see them once or twice a year.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search