Is anyone famous from your home town?

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 9th, 2011, 11:25 AM
Platinum Supermommy
A few notable people went to my high school...

Jim Brickman
Paul newman
Andy Borowitz (created Fresh Prince of Bell Air)
Molly Shannon

and various olympic sports players and stuff

Btw if you dont know you could try looking on wikipedia

October 9th, 2011, 11:49 AM
Platinum Supermommy
The Roloffs (from Little People, Big World) lived near me when I lived in Hillsboro, Oregon (born and raised there till I was 17). Their kids are younger than me and went to a tiny private school, but they would have gone to my public high school if they'd gone public.

Rowdy Roddy Piper (famous wrestler from way back) also lived in the area and I went to high school with one of his daughters.

Lisa Gardner (famous thriller/murder mystery author) is also from Hillsboro. She graduated from the same high school my brother went to years later.

There's various other politicians/athletes/etc from Hillsboro, which is a town just outside of Portland. If I looked at Portland there's a ton more

October 9th, 2011, 12:54 PM
Racine's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Haha! This is funny.

Taylor Lautner from Twilight is from the very, very small rinky dink town I went to high school in. He was in school with my friend's little brother.

Thank you, Meganpixel, for my awesome siggy!

October 9th, 2011, 03:04 PM
Max n Meghan's Mom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Sister Hazel, Less Than Jake, Tom Petty and Bo Diddley.

Thank you for my beautiful siggy, *Kiliki*!Visit My Blog

October 9th, 2011, 04:58 PM
Katie81's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Max n Meghan's Mom View Post
Sister Hazel, Less Than Jake, Tom Petty and Bo Diddley.
Ah, Gainesville

I like to go see Sister Hazel at Epcot when they come for the Food and Wine Festival. They remind me so much of high school...
October 9th, 2011, 05:36 PM
lauriebeth's Avatar mommy to Riley Grace
Chipper Jones was born in DeLand.

Thank you Meganpixel for my adorable siggy!

For crocheted hats and hair accessories visit *Daisy Cottage Designs* on Etsy!
October 9th, 2011, 06:19 PM
fibigrey's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to fibigrey
okay, so not MY town exactly, but a town very close to here, that I went to college in and which I shop in, Mark twain was from there, tommy hilfiger (sp) and Brian Williams (news anchor guy), Ernie Davis, Eileen Collins (first woman in space)..

Another town very close to here, my dad works there, and I've had two jobs there as well--the house from the "munsters" is there..the "original" that they used in the intros... haha, there are a few famous people that reside there right now, like whoopie goldberg has a house there and has been seen in the local "wegmans (which is where my dad works)" As well as Carl Sagan (well known atheist author), Bill nye the science guy went to cornell university and I actually saw him when I worked at wegmans.
October 10th, 2011, 07:14 AM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
I grew up in Charlotte, NC so there are lots of famous people and athletes that have residences there. My sister's good friend from high school is married to a guy in Aerosmith and they live just outside of Charlotte (he is older than her dad). Michael Jordan is from NC but he owns part of our NBA team so he's here a lot. Antwan Jamison, an NBA player went to my high school and played with my BIL. Ric Flair the wrestler lived really close to where I lived but his kids went to private school. Brooklyn Decker and Skeet Ulrich are some actors from here. Oh and a bunch of the NASCAR drivers are here. I currently live in the birthplace of NASCAR.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search