Bug bite help..

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 9th, 2011, 05:36 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to MrsTiffy Send a message via Yahoo to MrsTiffy
I got bit by something Friday night on the side of my foot. I have no idea what bit me. I just woke up at 4 in the morning, and my foot felt like it was on fire. It is still really swollen, hot, hurts, and itches. It is so swollen I can't even see where exactly I got bit. I have soaked it in epson salts, rubbed a paste of baking soda on it, taken Benadryl, and put ice packs on it. If I put my foot flat on the floor my big toe doesn't touch the floor at all. I would think that since it happened Friday night it should be at least a little better by now. Nothing has helped at all. I really don't want to go to the Dr unless I absolutely have to. Any ideas on home remedies, or anything that could help? I have tried everything I can think of.. ok well I told my dh to just chop my foot off, but he didn't think that was a good idea. Lol. Any ideas would be great!!!

Vivian (6)
Caden (5)
Alex (2)
Maura born 9/11/12

October 9th, 2011, 07:15 PM
fibigrey's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to fibigrey
You should probably see a doctor.. When it is swollen AND feels hot to the touch, thats a bad sign, especially when benadryl isn't helping. You could be allergic to whatever bit you, more so than what benadryl could help with.. My mom started developing allergies to random bug bites, and now has to keep an epi pen with her because they get worse and worse....I got bit by something a few weeks go, and at first it looked like a huge hive (I had 3 bites) but one bite was really bad.. the next day it was a huge welt.. stayed a welt for a few days, and now, more than 2 weeks later my skin is still a bit discolored red there..

I would see a doctor, you've done all that you can do, seriously. I work in healthcare, and if its not getting any better you may need a prescription, bites can cause infections, as well. Hot to the touch is NOT good.
October 10th, 2011, 05:48 AM
Max n Meghan's Mom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I agree, you need to see a doctor. Someone here (don't remember who) got bit by a brown recluse spider and had to go through several rounds of antibiotics. She fought it pretty hard and felt awful. Depending on what bit you, it can be very serious and it already sounds like you're battling infection. Go asap, don't mess around with this. Wait too long and chopping off a foot won't be a joke anymore. GO!

Thank you for my beautiful siggy, *Kiliki*!Visit My Blog

October 10th, 2011, 02:01 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to MrsTiffy Send a message via Yahoo to MrsTiffy
Well when I got up this morning the swelling went down. Now I can actually see the bites. It looks like I got bit by an ant four times. My dh reminded me this morning that the last time I got bit by an ant I did the same thing. I am going to go talk to my Dr about it when I can get an appointment to just let the know what happened, and find out what they want me to do if it happens again. I did find out that putting apple cider vinegar on it took the heat out of it, and it also helped the itching. I think that is why it was better this morning. After putting that on there last night it helped almost immediately, so I will keep that in mind if I get bit again.

Vivian (6)
Caden (5)
Alex (2)
Maura born 9/11/12

October 20th, 2011, 11:33 AM
Earthy.Mama's Avatar .*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.
Woah here's a cool link lol:
Top 5 Natural Ant Bites Treatment Methods – article update.

Co-Host July 2014 DDC
..........Jackie..........

Awaiting our Team Green baby at home July 2014. . .

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search