Potty Party!

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 9th, 2011, 07:01 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Well, I'm so keen to follow Carmen's advice from a while back and have a 'potty party' for Layla! (I copied and pasted hers and Shelley's posts about it a while back so I could keep the info ) She's been taking her nappy off and wanting to sit on the potty, she was signing poo yesterday and I asked did she need to do a poo and she said yes, so we took off her nappy and put her on the potty. She hopped up and down, kept looking in the potty (nothing there)...eventually I put her nappy back on and then she did a poo.

So she did tell me BEFORE she needed to do the poo, and she did want to sit on the potty...it just didn't translate to doing the poo in the potty!

So my big drawback is....TIME!!! I want to have a set block of time to just hang out at home like I did with the boys. This is almost impossible as five days a week I have school drop offs and pick ups, and three days a week have to add in a kindy (that's our year before school) drop off and pick up too. So in the mornings I'm out of the house from 8am til about 9.15am, and for about an hour in the afternoons.

Then three afternoons a week we are out for an hour for kids' sports too! What to do??

Do I wait til we have a free weekend (couple of weeks away til we have one free) so we can try to hang out at home all weekend? Or do I just give it a go and buy some covers to go over her undies for when we're out?

TIA!

Thanks to Meganpixel for my beautiful siggie!
October 10th, 2011, 12:46 PM
JaxonsMom2010's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I now do more of a child led approach now but that wasn't always the case. With my dd, we did a potty party. I waited for a week that I knew that I would have uninterrupted, stay at home time. I started on a Monday. We got up and got started. It took us three days. But it worked!! She was completely potty trained.

October 10th, 2011, 06:28 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I never did a potty party. I just dropped them in panties one day and that was it. If we went out then I had them go right before we left the house, and then took them while we were out. So, I'd just give it a go Lily took 2 days before she had no accidents and Vi took a few days more. Vi still occasionally wets at night though, but otherwise she's good to go.

October 10th, 2011, 08:15 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Thanks ladies. I did put her in undies yesterday but back in a nappy for nightime. I've never night time training straight away before so this would be new to me!

Anyway today I thought, is it too soon (because she didn't do a single wee in the potty yesterday and I was putting her on every 20 minutes...she was happy to sit there but wee'd on the floor instead!!) and was going to put her back in the nappy, but she said no and pulled her undies out of the drawer so I thought, well if she's keen we'll see how she goes! I was just trying to catch at least ONE wee in the potty yesterday to help her understand what the point of it is...

I set a timer again this morning to remind me to put her on the potty... still she started to wee standing up but was close enough to the potty that I quickly put her on (in her undies!) and she wee'd in there. The boys and I made a huge deal of it! She was very pleased and I gave her 2 tiny nestle melt chocolates. This exact same thing happened again and then the next time I put her was 20 minutes after the last wee and she wee'd straight away - I was so excited!!

She is currently having her nap with just undies and I keep checking (as she usually poos in the cot as soon as she wakes up), and it appears after 1.5hrs so far that she's still dry... anyway we shall see... if it becomes too much or she's not keen we'll stop.

Thanks to Meganpixel for my beautiful siggie!

Last edited by mum74; October 10th, 2011 at 08:27 PM.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search