How will you spend the holidays?

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 10th, 2011, 08:12 AM
Max n Meghan's Mom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
How will you celebrate...
Who will you celebrate with...
What traditions do you have...

Halloween
Thanksgiving
Christmas
New Years

Thank you for my beautiful siggy, *Kiliki*!Visit My Blog

October 10th, 2011, 10:44 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Halloween we are just going trick or treating around the neighborhood with the kids, the baby i babysit for (and his parents, obviously) might come with us.

Thanksgiving just dh, M and i are going to his parents i think... as far as i know we'll be the only ones there. Dh has to work the next day so we can't travel anywhere.

Christmas we are going to my moms house probably the 23rd - 26th. Its our year with SDD so dh took off work. We usually travel or have people over on the holidays that we have her, the "off" years we stay home and are pretty low key. Anyway, so Christmas will be our family, my sister, her husband and my approximately 2 month old niece, my mom, possibly her roomate/best friend (sometimes she travels for holidays), and probably later in the day Christmas day my nieces, nephew and great niece will probably come over to my moms. Christmas Eve we go to a family party from my dads side of the family.

At some point i'm sure we'll get together with MIL (and dh's step dad), and FIL (and dh's step mom) but i dont know when, thats usually spur of the moment

Oh and New Years we never do anything. Most of the time dh has to work either that day or the next day so he can't stay up late

October 10th, 2011, 11:40 AM
lauriebeth's Avatar mommy to Riley Grace
How will you celebrate...

Halloween - We don't celebrate.
Thanksgiving - Huge family get together at my aunt and uncle's house. This year we'll have a guest that my husband met on a mission trip to Trinidad, so that should be fun.
Christmas - We don't celebrate Christmas either (we're not Jehovah's Witness, though).
New Years - We usually do something with our church friends.

Thank you Meganpixel for my adorable siggy!

For crocheted hats and hair accessories visit *Daisy Cottage Designs* on Etsy!
October 10th, 2011, 11:41 AM
Racine's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have no idea. We won't be traveling anywhere b.c Dan works Thanksgiving weekend and we're getting our puppy right before Christmas.

Thanksgiving is a toss up, we'll probably just go wherever the most people will be, or have people over here.

We usually spend Christmas Eve with my huge extended family on my Dad's side, and Christmas Day with Dan's family. We try to get together with my sister's family in Chicago at some point between Christmas and New Years.

Ugh, I'm exhausted just thinking about it.

Thank you, Meganpixel, for my awesome siggy!

October 10th, 2011, 11:43 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Halloween - probably just take th babies around our cul de sac and take a million pictures..haha!

Thanksgiving - nothing. I'm sure dh will be working and all of our family is in Canada (and thy just had their thanksgiving) so it'd usually pretty low key. I'll prob still make w nice dinneer though

Christmas- just us again but we do presents, look at lights, all the fun stuff!

New years - nothing...im surdh is working again ...Man we are boring
October 10th, 2011, 11:46 AM
Max n Meghan's Mom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
For Halloween we'll be going to a big party our play group throws. Potluck, games, and trunk or treat. It's a lot of fun. That's this coming Sunday. Then at the end of the month we'll go to a church that's having a big festival.

We haven't really decided what we're doing for Thanksgiving yet. I think we'll probably just stay here and do our own thing with our little family. I'm looking forward to cooking lots of yummy foods!

We'll travel to Atlanta the weekend before Christmas to visit Robert's grandmother and the rest of his family. Granny has a Christmas party the Saturday before Christmas every year and it's super important to her. We'll come back home for Christmas. Christmas Eve, we'll open our Christmas PJs that we do each year and watch some Christmas specials. Christmas day, we'll have a nice breakfast, open presents and I'll fix a ham for lunch/dinner. We'll just spend the day enjoying each other and have a relaxing day.

New Years Eve...I'll be fast asleep!

Thank you for my beautiful siggy, *Kiliki*!Visit My Blog

October 10th, 2011, 12:44 PM
dbarney's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Halloween - we do a few truck or treats and will go to a church Halloween party before then stay home on Halloween and have a family party and maybe go to a few house around the black.

Thanksgiving - WE go to DH's grandmas house with his family for the main dinner then go to his dad's for pie.

Christmas- We do our own thing of Christmas eve and the morning of christmas then around noon we go to his dad's, my parents and then to his grandmothers for dinner.

New years - We get together with friends and have a party. We all have kids and take them with and make it a big sleepover.

October 10th, 2011, 01:13 PM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
Halloween: Lily has a party at preschool. In the afternoon we do the candy crawl on our main street where the businesses, including DH hand out candy. after dinner we'll do the neighborhood trick or treat and end the night at my parents' house

Thanksgiving: I host Thanksgiving dinner every year. DH's aunt, uncle, and cousin come down from Kentucky. Then we have my MIL, SIL, her husband and two girls. Then on my side my parents, my sister, her husband and by that point she'll have 3 kids (nephew is due Nov. 12). We also have our good friends and their daughter come too. It's mostly pot luck. I do a few side dishes and a dessert, my dad does one turkey and some other desserts, and DH's uncle does another turkey and dressing. So much good food!

Christmas: We separate this by family. My parents host Christmas Eve and invite my MIL. We open gifts that night from my parents and sister. First thing Christmas morning, we do our little family gift giving in pjs. Then we get ready and go to my SIL's for brunch and open presents from DH's family

New Years: Usually my MIL takes the girls and my two nieces for a sleepover. We go to my SIL's house. The guys play poker and the girls play board games or spades. It's been the same group for years and I'm looking forward to a fun night this year. Last year Abri cried through most of the night so I didn't get to play or have fun.
October 10th, 2011, 05:47 PM
Kittynoah's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Halloween - we do safe Halloween at the high school I teach at (it is a few days before the actual holiday) and then do trick or treating at my MIL and FIL's neighborhood. DH will probably take Jed this year since I don't think I will want to go out with the new baby.

Thanksgiving - we alternate years between my parents and DH's parents. It his DH's parents year - which I am bummed about. But we go there and have turkey and all the fixings.

Christmas - we do Christmas eve church with my whole family and then we all spend the night at my parents house. "Santa" comes to that house adn we do Christmas morning with my sister and parents and then a big breakfast. Then we go to MIL and FIL and do dinner and presents there. There is also an extended family party for each side - usually before and after Christmas.

New Years - we go to a party at my sister's that is kid friendly. They set off tons of fireworks and it is lots of fun. I hope I can stay awake!

October 10th, 2011, 07:32 PM
Mega Super Mommy

Halloween - we don't celebrate Halloween in Australia...though the time is coming - they've even got pumpkins in the shops and people are starting to trick or treat! I think the shops just see it as an extra revenue raiser so they'll try to bring it in!
Thanksgiving - also not an Australian traditional day.
Christmas - celebrating by the beach with my parents and one of my brother's and his family - can't wait! Traditionally we go driving to look at Christmas lights -they make such an effort in the beach town we go to and it's lovely .
New Years - no idea!

Thanks to Meganpixel for my beautiful siggie!
October 10th, 2011, 07:36 PM
mylene169's Avatar Kaija and Kolbie's Mommy
Send a message via AIM to mylene169 Send a message via Yahoo to mylene169
Halloween: Kaija has a party at preschool - they do 3 parades around the high school and get treats every time! In the late afternoon we usually go up to the grocery store and walk around and get treats. Then we'll come home, drag the fire pit to the end of the drive way and light it up. I'll take the girls around a few blocks while DH hands out candy. By the time we get back our street will be just about dead and we'll all walk our street and then come back and hang out with who ever is around before bed.

Thanksgiving: It's up in the air... I'd like my family to come out like we've done in the past. DH has to work all weekend and can't justify giving up all the OT (he gets it for the Friday after too!) so he's pushing for me to bring the girls back to MI. We'll see.

Christmas: In mid-December we'll come back to MI for a week and do Christmas with my family. We usually get home around the 20th. We'll do church on Christmas Eve and then DH has to work. We'll open presents when he gets home Christmas morning.

NYE: We never do anything...I wish we did though.
October 10th, 2011, 08:29 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to MrsTiffy Send a message via Yahoo to MrsTiffy
Halloween: We will do the party on base, and trick or treating on base also. The party is a lot of fun. They have a ton of stuff for the kids to do.

Thanksgiving: We will stay home. My dh will invite some of the single sailors that can't go out of town over to our house for dinner.

Christmas: Dh and I will get back from our vacation late on the 23rd and my parents will be here. Dh will also be inviting the single sailors that don't have anywhere to go over for dinner, and a stocking.

New Years: We will probably do a party with us and the kids. We normally let the kids stay up late and watch movies with us until the ball drops.

Vivian (6)
Caden (5)
Alex (2)
Maura born 9/11/12

October 10th, 2011, 08:52 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Halloween We went to the pumpkin patch with friends and are going again in a few days. The girls and Dae carve the pumpkins. We go trick or treating around the neighborhood and we have a Halloween party a few days before for the girls' friends
Thanksgiving DH is on call this year, so we're staying around home. I'm cooking and I tend to go overboard and make way too much food. We're having DH's sister/BIL over and my parents should be here.
Christmas I think we're staying home. Some family/friends will be over as well. We do Christmas Eve pajamas for the whole family and DH reads the girls "The Night Before Christmas". We wake up and do stockings, then eat breakfast/get dressed, then do other presents. Plus, we go to Mass on Christmas Eve.
New Years Since we've had the kids we stay home and have a small party with our friends around the area with kids.

October 11th, 2011, 01:18 PM
Shea131's Avatar Peyton Rylee's Mommy!!
Halloween - We started the tradition this year to go to the pumpkin patch and let Peyton play and pick out pumpkins. We plan on carving pumpkins next weekend. Halloween night we will go trick or treating at some friends/family's houses! (On Saturday of Halloween weekend Zach and I are going to a party and Peyton is staying with Grandma!)

Thanksgiving - We have a big dinner at my aunt and uncles house on Thanksgiving with my side of the family and DF's parents usually come. Then DF's mom usually has dinner either the weekend before or the weekend after Thanksgiving with her husbands family and sometimes DF's sister comes.

Christmas - Christmas eve we go to the same aunt and uncles house as Thanksgiving with the same people and open gifts and eat appetizer type foods. Christmas morning is at our house with just Peyton, DF, my mom and dad, and I opening gifts from each other and Santa. Then we stay at our house (usually in our pj's) and have my grandparents and aunt and uncle over and have a late lunch and just hang out.

New Years - Not sure what we are doing this year?? Last year I worked and just came home and watched the ball drop on tv. Hopefully we can have a party at our house this year that way we can hang out with friends but don't have to have a sitter because we'll be at home!

Thank you Quantum_Leap for my fabulous signature!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search