Log In Sign Up

potty training help


Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
  #1  
October 12th, 2011, 08:48 AM
dbarney's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Utah
Posts: 4,168
I know this has been talked about before but I need your thoughts.

The last 4 weeks Kerrington has been telling us when she poops and sometimes when she pees. The last 2 nights she has woken up to have us change her diaper. I keep thinking I should try the potty training thing but I'm just not really sure if she's ready. I don't want itto be a headache like it was with DS. I'm not even sure if she can communicate very well when telling me she needs to go potty. I'm not even sure how to do it with a girl and really how to go about it.
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #2  
October 12th, 2011, 12:22 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Bay Area CA
Posts: 19,074
I've always started potty training early. Lily was 100% potty trained at 17.5 months. Vi is 100% day trained, but still occasionally has a night accident (like 1-2x a week).

I always just put them straight into panties one day and took them fairly often the first day. After that, they both started telling me when they needed to go more often. Both girls told me prior to starting when they needed to go a lot, so it wasn't a huge difference. Vi tells me about 95% of the time before she needs to go by patting herself and/or running to the bathroom. The other 5% of the time, I just take her because we're about to leave the house or something and I want her to go.
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #3  
October 12th, 2011, 01:30 PM
Katie81's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 10,258
We waited until 34 months to train Lily. At that point she was super ready and it was really easy, but I think I want to start earlier this time so we can have Grey trained before a third baby comes.
__________________
Code\
Kate, mom to Liliana (7) Greyson (4) and Ainsley 17 months
Reply With Quote
  #4  
October 12th, 2011, 06:05 PM
lauriebeth's Avatar mommy to Riley Grace
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 1,821
We're about to start soon... looked for some "undies" today.

I think those of us who are going to start in the near future should do it at the same time for moral support
__________________

Thank you Meganpixel for my adorable siggy!


For crocheted hats and hair accessories visit *Daisy Cottage Designs* on Etsy!
Reply With Quote
  #5  
October 12th, 2011, 06:26 PM
Shea131's Avatar Peyton Rylee's Mommy!!
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Illinois
Posts: 4,636
I wish peyton was ready but I know she's not. She wants to sit on her potty when I go but she never does anything. And she doesn't tell me or do any type of signs when she has to go.
__________________

Thank you Quantum_Leap for my fabulous signature!!!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:19 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0