We pride ourselves on having the friendliest
and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment
for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers.
If you have any problems registering please drop an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!
My mom doesn't give advice...she tells you what she wants and expects you to do what she says because she is right. And if you don't do it, she nags really bad until it turns into an argument. And then she doesn't let it go and keeps nagging, and then after other people have to tell her to stop does she finally say "it was only a suggestion." And then still goes on about it.
I can't think of one thing she has told me that I've used. Sorry.
Edit: But in the spirit of posts...here are 3 things she has told me:
1. I cannot put my child in daycare because bad things happen there and she is going to be sick all the time.
2. The only way I'm ever going to get sleep is if I buy a twin mattress, put it on the floor and sleep there with Julie.
3. I need to hold Julie over steaming water when she is congested. (Okay, I admit...I do this one but it was not on account of my mom telling me).
And I will mention, that my mom is caught up on the daycare issue. It's all she wants to talk about, know about, etc. She doesn't understand why I can't just quit my job...she doesn't get why we can't make living on one salary work.
Last edited by MommaLee; October 17th, 2011 at 10:21 AM.
My mom is pretty good at advice. My MIL is the do what I said because I said it kind of person.
Best advice my mom gave me:
1. Introduce her to new foods early on
2. Give her cammomile tea when she is fussy (when she was younger)
3. Ignore what everyone else says and do what you know is right.
Amelia: Wife to Ryan, Mama to Harleigh, with a boy on the way