Separation Anxiety??

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 18th, 2011, 12:58 PM
who_it_is's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We seem to be encountering a bit of situational separation anxiety with Noelle lately. She is fine with being dropped off at her great aunt's house 2 days a week but the other 3 day care days, she screams the moment she realizes we are going to day care, cries the whole way there and grabs onto me for dear life when it's time for me to leave. She has always been happy there, but drop offs have been getting harder and harder of the course of the last month. Monday she cried so much at home I let her stay with my brother.

Is anyone else just now beginning to experience separation anxiety? The day care director says that it's "normal at 16 months" but it really just breaks my heart to have to leave her. I am already dreading tomorrow when she goes back.

To the Amazing Kelly: Thank you once again!! Amazing only begins to cover it.
October 18th, 2011, 01:12 PM
kimmiejo's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Sam is fine at daycare drop off so far but the last couple of nights he has been screaming when I put him down for bed, so not like him! and when I walk back into the room he immediately stops and is happy as can be, seems like he just wants me. I don't know? I was thinking it must be separation anxiety, I sure hope it passes I am not used to having to go in and out of his bedroom 100 times before he falls asleep! tonight I am going to try a later bedtime and see if that helps the situation. My dd has gone thru many and still occasionally goes thru daycare drop off phases where she will cry and not want to stay. They usually last a week or two and then she is back to happy. Hopefully it passes quickly for Noelle.
October 18th, 2011, 02:46 PM
Mama Chemist 73's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Sarah has her days where she doesn't want me to go and so does her older brother. Sometimes at night Sarah doesn't want me to put her down either. I think it's just something kids go through. I imagine they can have bad days/weeks just like we can. I hope Noelle is back to her happy self in no time.

My Ovulation Chart
October 18th, 2011, 07:25 PM
MommaLee's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yes, we've been having this for months now. Once Julie sees the building, she starts whining and then once I put her down, she is full blown tears/screaming. This morning she got herself so worked up, she threw up which delayed me leaving by about 20 minutes (that is her signature trait...throwing up when she works herself up). She is fine about a minute or two after I leave but yes, happens here too.
October 18th, 2011, 07:30 PM
MommaLee's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Just to add, Julie does this mostly with me (she does it at her Oma's too) and not when dh drops off but he rarely does since he drives a company car and isn't suppose to transport for personal purposes.

We also have this problem at Kindermusik...she cries and clings the whole time and we've even left in the middle because she was ruining it for the other kids. She loved Kindermusik over the summer but now she doesn't enjoy it. I was thinking it had to do with one of the biters from the old daycare that bit her being in there but she hasn't been to that daycare in almost 4 weeks and the crying/clinging continues so I don't think it is that anymore.
October 19th, 2011, 08:02 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Abigail has been in daycare since she was 6 weeks old. I have just recently started having these issues with her as well. She doesn't do it every day but a couple days a week maybe. Sure makes it hard to leave her. I hope it's just temporary for all of us that are experiencing this.

October 19th, 2011, 09:00 AM
harmstrong's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Andrew is usually fine when I leave. he's very social, so we've never had an issue with leaving him places.
My other 2 were the same way. Thankfully I've never had to deal with seperation anxiety
October 19th, 2011, 09:57 AM
ChoMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Alicia has always been this way, if I leave her anywhere I have to "sneak" away its very frustrating.

October 19th, 2011, 10:50 AM
LisaB's Avatar Mom to twins + 1
Send a message via Yahoo to LisaB
Ben is just awful. He even cries when strangers leave the house. The mailman had me sign for a letter yesterday, and when he turned around to go, Ben started bawling. Yes, for the mailman. I literally can't put him down sometimes, he "koalas" me (clings on with his legs) and cries. If I do scrape him off to put him down, he crumples up in a defeated heap sobbing his eyes out. This is only when he's clingy - once he's distracted by something I can put him down, but then I can't leave the room unless I sneak out. He's pretty good at bedtime, however. We don't have daycare but we have a sitter who comes here to take care of him when I take the girls to classes, and he's fine with her until I come home, then he bawls until I pick him up.

Me: Lisa, Mommy to twins +1
8/5/08 Beautiful twin girls Leigh and Lucy born after 4-year struggle with RPL & 6 losses
12/10/09 Surprise! Baby #3 is on the way, EDD 6/22/10

12/29/09 2nd ultrasound - joining team blue

6/16/10 Baby Ben is born!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search