Dine in & Take out!

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 20th, 2011, 09:14 AM
Shea131's Avatar Peyton Rylee's Mommy!!
How often do you and your family go out to dinner at a restaurant?? How many times a week? month? etc...

How often do you order out but take it home to eat??

How often do you and your family go out to dinner at a restaurant?? How many times a week? month? etc... We usually eat out about once a week sometimes twice. (this doesn't include if we grab lunch somewhere, just dinner)

How often do you order out but take it home to eat?? The only time we really get take-out is when we get pizza. If we eat out anywhere else we usually eat there! We get pizza about once every couple of weeks.

Thank you Quantum_Leap for my fabulous signature!!!
October 20th, 2011, 09:40 AM
JaxonsMom2010's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
How often do you and your family go out to dinner at a restaurant?? How many times a week? month? etc...
Usually only twice a week

How often do you order out but take it home to eat??
out of those two times - once

October 20th, 2011, 09:43 AM
Racine's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We don't go out much as a whole family, usually just for birthdays. There aren't many awesome options for gluten free and vegan needs. Dan and I have a few places we frequent that aren't really kid-friendly. He and I go out probably once a month.

We get some kind of takeout once a week. We love Chipotle, Thai food, or food from a local vegan diner. Usually by Saturday night, after cooking two meals for everyone in one day, I want someone else to make the food

Thank you, Meganpixel, for my awesome siggy!

October 20th, 2011, 10:26 AM
mylene169's Avatar Kaija and Kolbie's Mommy
Send a message via AIM to mylene169 Send a message via Yahoo to mylene169
Racine, is that vegan diner the one with the really awful cheeseburger that seems really out of place on the menu? If it is, my sister LOVES that cheeseburger

We eat out once or twice a week, maybe more. Usually out of laziness...so we've sworn it off for 2 months! Unless we plan it into our menu/budget we aren't eating out anymore.

We rarely get take out. Mostly pizza if we do but sometimes we'll do Chinese.
October 20th, 2011, 10:53 AM
Racine's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Mylene, haha! That's probably Stellas...they have meat options that they call the 'Pet Cemetery'; I'm not really a fan. We love this place called Bartertown, they opened this past summer and their food is amazing and all vegan. Next time you're in G-rap, you'll have to check it out!

Thank you, Meganpixel, for my awesome siggy!

October 20th, 2011, 11:53 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Eat out for dinner: Around 1-2x a week. Usually on the weekend we will eat out somewhere.

Take out for dinner: Maybe 1-3x a month. We'll sometimes do pizza, thai or chinese for take out.

DH eats out for lunch a lot though and he'll bring me food sometimes if I ask for it.

October 20th, 2011, 12:57 PM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
We rarely eat out as a family because DH isn't ever home for dinner during the week. I do go out with my mom and the girls on Wednesdays because that is DH's really late night (usually til 9pm).

Takeout- maybe once every 3 months
October 20th, 2011, 04:05 PM
sandpaper06's Avatar Mom of 3 darlings
Eat out - usually once a week. We're trying to cut back though.

Take out - only Little Caesars pizza, or Chipotle, or Qdoba or a couple of other places. Typically once a week.
Caroline - November '12

October 20th, 2011, 08:40 PM
lauriebeth's Avatar mommy to Riley Grace
We generally eat out 1-3 times per week (lunch and dinner). We generally go out on Sunday nights after church and Riley and I will grab a lunch out during the week with my parents or friends.

We don't do takeout too often, but when we do, it's Chinese or pizza.

Thank you Meganpixel for my adorable siggy!

For crocheted hats and hair accessories visit *Daisy Cottage Designs* on Etsy!
October 21st, 2011, 06:23 AM
frgsonmysox's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to frgsonmysox Send a message via MSN to frgsonmysox Send a message via Yahoo to frgsonmysox
If I'm able to cook we eat at home. If it's left to Chris to make dinner he gets take out or we go out.
~Beth~ Wife to my Airman Chris, and mommy to: Anthony Nathaniel (8/31/04), Anastasia Fae (8/01/06), Baby C (lost on 10/12/07), David Cillian (7/31/08), Charles George (4/29/10), and Alan Christopher (2/22/12)

My BLOG - A Day In The Life of a Freg (it's a little bit of everything!)
October 21st, 2011, 06:32 AM
Kittynoah's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We usually eat out on Sundays with my family after church. Other than that - it is probably only once a month or so.

Take out - probably once a week. We will order a pizza or get Lion's Choice (a local roast beef sandwich place). We have definitely been eating more take out because of the pregnancy, but that will cut back as I am feeling better)

October 24th, 2011, 02:15 PM
palmetto_moon's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We used to be horrible about both...as in a few times per week. The past several months though we've made great improvements. Now we eat out at a restaurant maybe once every three weeks or so and take out maybe once every other week. It's made a huge difference in our bank account!

When I'm pregnant though, we eat out very often. When I'm pregnant, I don't like seeing food in it's uncooked state. Espicially meat. I need to encounter it fully prepared and completely cooked through. Raw meat makes me gag when I'm preggo. Still TTC (even though our hectic schedules aren't cooperating) so maybe we'll be back to eating out often soon!

Thank you Kiliki for my awesome siggy!

visit our family blog at www.stalkedbythestork.com
October 25th, 2011, 03:00 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Very rarely for both at the moment. I have been reducing additives and preservatives in my son's diet which has really improved his behaviour out of sight, so restaurants and takeaway are just a bit of a minefield at the moment!

Thanks to Meganpixel for my beautiful siggie!
October 25th, 2011, 10:46 AM
Mega Super Mommy
We barely ever eat out....MAYBE once or twice a month. I think I've found a sitter for Rachel now though so maybe that will increase.

We do take out a couple times a month too probably...usually pizza or Thai...sometimes we will grab subway and take it home
October 25th, 2011, 12:57 PM
Shea131's Avatar Peyton Rylee's Mommy!!
Quote:
We barely ever eat out....MAYBE once or twice a month. I think I've found a sitter for Rachel now though so maybe that will increase.
Lea - Do you not eat out because Rachel acts up at restaurants? Do you take toys and snacks for her to keep her occupied?? It would drive me crazy not being able to take Peyton out with us because we love to eat out! haha!

Thank you Quantum_Leap for my fabulous signature!!!
October 25th, 2011, 02:03 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shea131 View Post
Lea - Do you not eat out because Rachel acts up at restaurants? Do you take toys and snacks for her to keep her occupied?? It would drive me crazy not being able to take Peyton out with us because we love to eat out! haha!
That's not really why...we've never been ones to go out a lot...even before having kids. Rachel actually does okay in restaurants the few times we've taken her. Mostly it's dhs work schedule that prevents us...that and I'm cheap! Haha! Hopefully this sitter will allow for more date nights though!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search