Another christmas present question

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 22nd, 2011, 06:38 AM
Racine's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We have the same one as Shelley. We really like it, but I don't have anything to compare it to. I love play kitchens that have all the bells and whistles, so fun!

Thank you, Meganpixel, for my awesome siggy!

October 22nd, 2011, 08:51 AM
Mega Super Mommy
That's the one they have at Costco now I was looking at Shelley. I think I might go that route...the other one i was looking at was a bit bigger and had more things that made noise...but it was also about $40 more and needed so mething crazy like 12 batteries does anything else make noise on it other than the stove? (like the phone or something?) I think she will really like it...maybe I'll hint that extra food/utensils will make a great gift from uncles/aunts.
October 22nd, 2011, 10:14 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I think we are going to get Rachel a kitchen for Christmas as her main present and was wondering if anyone had recommendations. There's a step 2 plastic one at Costco I want to chck out, but I want to make sure it has enough "stuff" to keep her entertained. Our friends have th kidscraft one which is super cute but seems kind of small to me. Just wondering what you mamas that have a kitchen form your Lo's have.
October 22nd, 2011, 11:14 AM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
This is the Step2 kitchen we have. The stove makes sound, the light in the hood turns on, the cash register is a calculator. It came with all the food and dishes in the pic too

October 22nd, 2011, 12:29 PM
Platinum Supermommy
My SDD has the one Shelly has and she loved it

October 22nd, 2011, 01:09 PM
Platinum Supermommy
We have one from Costco (a Step 2), similar to this one

The girls love it, but it only came with a few dishes/pots/pans/utensils. They received more food and accessories as another gift though, so it worked out. The stove makes noise like it's boiling water and it actually is triggered at random times sometimes...I've heard it in the middle of the night before

They also have a Fisher Price kitchen that a friend gave them when they moved away. I keep that one upstairs, it's a bit smaller, but it talks to them and they enjoy it as well.

October 22nd, 2011, 07:51 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Wow I hadn't even thought of a kitchen for a pressie! I know my friends' daughters have all had one though ... I'll have to ask them whether they played with it a lot!

Thanks to Meganpixel for my beautiful siggie!
October 23rd, 2011, 06:42 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by taralyn View Post
That's the one they have at Costco now I was looking at Shelley. I think I might go that route...the other one i was looking at was a bit bigger and had more things that made noise...but it was also about $40 more and needed so mething crazy like 12 batteries does anything else make noise on it other than the stove? (like the phone or something?) I think she will really like it...maybe I'll hint that extra food/utensils will make a great gift from uncles/aunts.

I think the phone on it beeps and so does the microwave...it's inside the girls' Dora playhouse and I rarely venture in there

October 23rd, 2011, 02:11 PM
palmetto_moon's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Ours is very similar to Shelley's as well. All my little kids love it. Even the boys! They have lost some of the dishes though so I may get some more dishes and pretend food for Mia and Bree for Christmas!

Thank you Kiliki for my awesome siggy!

visit our family blog at www.stalkedbythestork.com
October 25th, 2011, 10:04 PM
Mega Super Mommy
We got all our toy kitchen "food" from ebay. I really like the old school vintage stuff like the eggs that come in a carton and break open to reveal scrambled or over easy. Some of the new food they sell is just cardboard boxes that gets destroyed on day one.

[/COLOR]Nathan(6), Reagan(6), Riley(5), Kaycee(3)

Our Blog

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search